View Full Version : how do you combat negative body image?

janesays
11-24-04, 02:56 PM
We all have ways of coping with our negative body image. I've tried them all.

I used to binge. It was my way to cope with my feelings. I still struggle with it today. Whenever I get stressed or feel negative about myself I turn to food.

But I know now what I didn't know before. Excercise does the same thing binging does only you don't feel disgusting afterwards.

I started to excercise and it became a habit for me. I discovered that if I just excercise as part of a routine I feel like a different person. I am a different person. I used to get up every morning and go for a run before I started my day and I didn't even think about it, it became as habit as brushing my teeth. But now I'm sad again lately. It's winter and I don't have a gym membership. I'm stressed because of school and work.

So I quit excercising so much and started binging again. I absolutely hate winter and I cant afford a gym membership. I need to figure out something. I guess I could try to save for a membership but another issue is finding the time to excercise so that I could make it part of my routine.

lanaxxx
01-25-08, 11:07 AM
i have the exact prob as u mate!

so if u feel u need to binge u go for a walk?

how else did u stop the binging just by excercice? or was it more? i dont wqanna be an excercise addict aggain

why dont u get a chepo ex bike u can do some weights on it at the same time and watch tv or talk on the phone from k mart theire only 200$