View Full Version : My personal Lexapro experience.

TheChemicals
06-24-12, 11:03 PM
I took lexapro because vyvanse was causing severe anxiety. Vyvanse worked really well for me so the give me doctor decided to give me lexapro to stop the anxiety.

Pros

The stuff works. It took about 8 or 9 days but once it kicked in, the anxiety was gone.

I experienced a very good first and second month on lexapro. Everything seemed acceptable to me....almost as if i was a sheepy comformist to all things.

Cons

I became extremely complacent and sheepy conformist.

Apathy slowly appeared and i became very dry and dull-like.

I began to lose my hair and continue to lose some 3 weeks after stopping.

The worst experience

It took 3 full week of withdrawals to get off lexapro. Nightmares, low energy, extremely weird and chaotic thoughts, and addiction like symptoms. My mindset became so muddled and i became so weak that i was seriously contemplating taking lexapro to end the suffering i was going through.

How i weened off Lexapro

At first i thought i could go cold turkey and just stop. Ive always been a bit arrogant when it came to my mental fortitude. It didnt work, i felt extreme depression and ridiculous thoughts. I decided to ween as prescribed by my doctor, from 10mg to 5mg to 1/2 of 5mg. It helped alot and the first week off was very easy to handle the negative effects. However the second and third weeks were complete hell. I could not get off my sofa and i was forced to take a week vacation from work. Even now, im still somewhat bedridden from exhaustion and low energy, but i can tell the worst is over as im back to being more social with friends and family.

I want to add that i used this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTCRH8JuEGE

As a guide to using lexapro. The guy experienced the same things while on and off lexapro as myself and i think he has good info for anyone taking Lexa. Thanks.

Unmanagable
06-25-12, 12:49 AM
Glad the worst of the withdrawal has passed, and thanks for sharing your experience. (((((Hugs))))

hollywood
06-25-12, 01:34 AM
So it makes ADHD worse?

TheChemicals
06-25-12, 01:49 PM
So it makes ADHD worse?

Nope, its just not something i wanted to be on forever. It worked well. Getting off of it was hell.

hollywood
06-25-12, 10:42 PM
Yeah it is weird to get off of , I realize if I even try one of these meds out for a few days it takes weeks maybe a month to get back to normal . Not sure if it's worth it.

FocusPocus10
07-06-12, 04:33 PM
OP: I see where you are coming from, but I think my depression manifests with the same rational "everyone else is a conformist sheep" or some such criticism. I'd enjoy being more conformist and inevitably be happier for it.

hollywood
07-09-12, 11:47 AM
OP,

How long were you on lexapro before getting off of it. I didn't catch that part.