View Full Version : Pain management

tudorose
06-25-12, 10:56 AM
For those of you who don't know my story over the last year I have RRV. It's epidemic polyarthritis and causes pain in the joints muscles and lymph glands and fatigue that you cannot imagine exists until you get something like this.

At the moment I'm in the middle of a stress induced relapse and suffering a lot. I've missed a total of 5 days work in the last 2 weeks. It's only Monday and the pain started to take over me at lunchtime getting worse as the day went on. It's like this every day. I usually suffer it out without painkillers coz it's bad to take painkillers all the time for a long term condition.

I need some sort of pain management techniques but don't know where to start.

Tonight I tried using the electric throw rug and using breathing but there's only so long I can do that without getting totally exhausted so I gave in and took some nurofen which didn't work anyway. My GP is a f/wit and told me to take painkillers every 2 hours. If I'd done what he said for this last year my body would be even more f/d up than it already is.

I have a very high pain tolerance and can block pain at certain levels but this is really wearing me down. Most people who get this can't keep going so I get lots of questions about why I can. Thing is I push through so much pain every day that they have no idea.

If you have any techniques that you know of or have worked for you please let me know. I need help to keep pushing through this and I'm so tired and all out of ideas.

I'm at the point where I'm starting to feel disconnected from everyone.

salleh
06-26-12, 11:28 AM
Sweetie....I know nothing that can help you with the pain ....I am a firm beliver in pain meds .....( doctors daughter and all that )

this condition .....is it permanent ? ...

maybe ....self -hypnosis ? ....have you tried that ? .....

I had headaches every single day from the time I was 19 till I was 39, and most of the time they didn't respond to any kind of over the counter pain meds, I now have tinitus from all the aspirin I took trying to make them go away ... then they just stopped ....now I can take 2 execdrine and poof ! it goes away ,....but those years taught me how debilitating constant unrelenting pain can be .....

....I am a big old wuss about pain ......but is there nothing that can be done about the underlying causes of your pain ?

BR549
06-26-12, 12:14 PM
Tudor, I tried to look up a bit on RRV yesterday---I read this post shortly after you posted and I wanted to see if there was anything I could do to help you.

The only thing that I could find was a few articles. I didn't want to post a lot of alternative treatments that I found, simply because I'm not familiar with RRV and I don't know what is legitimate. Also, I didn't want to post things that you'd already read or knew :o
This is something that I did find though---not helpful for you now, but it could be at some point: www.lifescientist.com.au/article/394798/new_hope_treatment_ross_river_fever/

I only hope that there is someone else here who can give you some advice or share what worked for them :)

I'm sorry I can't give you any more than this.

tudorose
06-26-12, 05:49 PM
Sweetie....I know nothing that can help you with the pain ....I am a firm beliver in pain meds .....( doctors daughter and all that )

this condition .....is it permanent ? ...

maybe ....self -hypnosis ? ....have you tried that ? .....

I had headaches every single day from the time I was 19 till I was 39, and most of the time they didn't respond to any kind of over the counter pain meds, I now have tinitus from all the aspirin I took trying to make them go away ... then they just stopped ....now I can take 2 execdrine and poof ! it goes away ,....but those years taught me how debilitating constant unrelenting pain can be .....

....I am a big old wuss about pain ......but is there nothing that can be done about the underlying causes of your pain ?

Thanks for taking the time to reply Salleh (((hugs)))

I've been told it can take anything from 2 months to 2 years to go away. Some people seem to fully recover and others get relapses for years and years.

There was a myth about an electric fence treatment but my husband doesn't want me to try that because of the history of heart conditions in my family.

I haven't tried hypnosis. Do you need to be able to concentrate for that?

I've tried everything I know of so far.

I've pretty much cut out wheat and dairy which helps a little and I take a lot of stuff from the naturopath but the biggest factor in this relapse was stress :(

I hadn't realised how far I'd come in the recovery until this relapse.

I also need to find a painkiller that works without doing any damage. The naturopath has done acupuncture on me but it only helps for a little while and is very expensive.

I can usually manage it a bit better during the day coz of all the distractions but it's when it keeps me awake all night that I find it the hardest.

I guess I need to come to a place of acceptance that it's gonna hurt and not going to go away in a hurry :(

tudorose
06-26-12, 05:52 PM
Tudor, I tried to look up a bit on RRV yesterday---I read this post shortly after you posted and I wanted to see if there was anything I could do to help you.

The only thing that I could find was a few articles. I didn't want to post a lot of alternative treatments that I found, simply because I'm not familiar with RRV and I don't know what is legitimate. Also, I didn't want to post things that you'd already read or knew :o
This is something that I did find though---not helpful for you now, but it could be at some point: www.lifescientist.com.au/article/394798/new_hope_treatment_ross_river_fever/

I only hope that there is someone else here who can give you some advice or share what worked for them :)

I'm sorry I can't give you any more than this.

Thanks for replying and for taking some time to look it up (((((hugs)))))

That article is really interesting. I hope something can come of it soon.

There's not a lot out there in terms of what works other than to just wait and suffer it out for however long it takes.

That's why I'm looking at what I can do to manage the pain because there is no hope of getting rid of the underlying cause :(

silivrentoliel
06-26-12, 06:10 PM
How do you get it?

I'm assuming it's not easily treated by something as simple as anti-inflammatories? There was something the doc gave me for tendonitis that was an analgesic along withand it was an anti-inflammatory, and it was a-freaking-mazing. I'll have to ask him and find out what it was....

BR549
06-26-12, 06:17 PM
Silver---it's from mosquitoes. For those who don't know what Ross River Virus is, you can go here: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC89008/

Tudor, that's exactly what I discovered yesterday--- there's not a lot out there on this.

I know that this is something that is prevalent in Australia, but I really would have thought that there would be more information on alternative/traditional treatments. From what I've read, it's quite painful and can affect someone their entire life.

You may have seen this already, but I stumbled across this bit of information
www.public.health.wa.gov.au/3/1528/3/ross_river_virus.pm:

http://www.public.health.wa.gov.au/cdcdreports/41/C_522iT4_1.png

http://www.public.health.wa.gov.au/cdcdreports/41/C_188iT1_2.png

I'm shocked at the number of reported cases in 2012 compared to previous years. Is this because it's being reported more than in the past or more people are contracting the virus?

I am sorry that there isn't more information out there on this and that you are STILL having to deal with this .

(((HUGS)))

itsanADHDthing
06-26-12, 06:48 PM
I was prescribed hydrocodone/APAP (10/325) for a kidney stone.

At first, it affected me psychologically, making me dizzy, tired, and filled with euphoria like no other.

Rapidly, though, I grew tolerant to the mental effects of the drug and now it simply relieves pain for me with no psychological effects.

I say go ahead and take it, unless your extremely against it.

For the fatigue, I am unsure. Shovel some coffee down your throat :p Just kidding ;)

avjgirsijdhtjhs
06-26-12, 07:03 PM
I have no idea if this (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1290109&postcount=2) would help much, but I figure it's worth looking in to. Good luck! :)

Joker_Girl
06-26-12, 07:05 PM
(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

Can you take glucosamine? I have heard that is suppose to help with arthritis/joint type pains.

I have arthritis and still have pain meds from when I had surgery. I take a pill called Relafen every day and that is for arthritis. I also have Vicodin I can take if the pain is bad. I find taking it with an Ibuprofen helps more than taking it by itself. I also have Soma they gave me to take at night if I am having a lot of pain. It is some kinda muscle relaxer. Its supposed to make you tired, but it doesnt me.

I am sorry! I will pray for you that your pain eases! I hate to hurt. It puts a dark cloud over everything! :(

Rebelyell
06-26-12, 09:08 PM
Maybe a hot tub or sauna therapy,or ice the joints,cool bath.Temperature can have both a positive and negative effect on the human body.Sorry to hear your in so much pain.

Fortune
06-26-12, 11:04 PM
I wish I had some really good advice to maintain tolerance. My somewhat adequate advice would be to try to get a legitimate break from work and just rest for a week or two, or as long as seems necessary.

I'm dealing with chronic pain as well, although probably milder. I have the pain tolerance thing going too. What I've learned is to be assertive about needing to take a break, because other people will request and even demand beyond the point that I can give. Of course, because it's chronic, sometimes a break isn't feasible.

I read this last night but I had no replies I could put into words. Many sympathies.

MX2012
06-26-12, 11:46 PM
Tudorose -- I have little advice to give. I had/have arthritis. In my late 30s, I was treated with low dose antibiotics (considered an unorthodox treatment) and the arthritis was suppressed for about 20+ years. I now have osteoarthritis which is slowly increasing.

At one time, I did try acupuncture for awhile but I could not afford to continue it. I did feel better while being treated.

It sounds like you have done some research and have consulted with some doctors. You may have to do more research and "experiment."

I wish you luck.

purpleToes
06-27-12, 05:08 AM
Chronic pain and pain syndromes are associated with a high degree of sleep disturbance; sleep disturbance in turn exacerbates the perception of pain. You can have very disrupted sleep and not even know it, other than waking feeling unrefreshed day after day. you mentioned it is wearing you down.

Taking a leave from work to rest like was suggested above is a good idea if feasible, but consider addressing the quality of your sleep as well. Not just a sleeping pill to fall asleep, but rather something long acting like Ambien CR (continuous release) to raise your sleep stage arousal threshold. Numerous studies show that chronic pain is associated with sleep fragmentation in some people. If your sleep is more refreshing, that will help the fatigue and may also help with the pain.

I'm writing through a thick fog right now so I hope any of this is helpful somehow.

(Keywords for searching: sleep, alpha intrusion, fibromyalgia, EEG, chronic pain)

tudorose
06-27-12, 08:57 AM
Thanks everyone (((hugs)))

You've given me a lot of options.

Thankyou so much

spunkysmum
06-27-12, 12:29 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply Salleh (((hugs)))

I've been told it can take anything from 2 months to 2 years to go away. Some people seem to fully recover and others get relapses for years and years.

So it isn't necessarily a permanent condition? That's good to know, anyway! Although I am sure it feels that way right now, while you're waiting. Time crawls when you are waiting for pain to pass.

There was a myth about an electric fence treatment but my husband doesn't want me to try that because of the history of heart conditions in my family.

I accidentally touched an electric fence once when I had a migraine. The pain seemed to subside a bit at first but I don't remember it going away.

Fuzzy12
06-27-12, 04:12 PM
tudor that sounds so tough. I can understand you don't want to take pain killers regularly. My dad's been in chronic severe pain for the last year and if was prescribed very strong pain killers at if doesn't take them either. Body they don't always help. I'm not sure if this might help but my husband uses a mint based cream for his back ache which seems to be pretty good. Also there Is device called tens which passes a current through the affected part of your body using two electrodes. It doesn't have any side effects and you can get a home version which is very portable. Hope you'll find something that helps you soon.

tudorose
06-28-12, 05:03 AM
Also there Is device called tens which passes a current through the affected part of your body using two electrodes. It doesn't have any side effects and you can get a home version which is very portable. Hope you'll find something that helps you soon.

I'm thinking this might be something to look at. Thanks Fuzzy I didn't even think about that one!

Last night I had an epson salt bath and then wore my skins compression gear to bed and put the electric blanket on. Thankfully this made it possible to sleep. Today I was still in pain all day. I get through the day mainly on distraction. One of the advantages of being ADHD I guess. But I can only distract myself for so long. By the time it gets to about 3pm I really start to struggle and by 6pm I'm usually sitting on the couch whining

Fortune
06-28-12, 09:07 PM
As a reminder to everyone, discussion of the use of illegal drugs (as defined by US Federal Law) that encourages or supports is use is forbidden on the forum. As stated in the guidelines:

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15842

NO posts involving O.D.s, illegal or improper use of Medication are allowed

In an effort to protect all who use these forums, no posts will be allowed that encourage or support the illegal or improper use of medication of any kind. We do not condone illegal or improper use and do not wish to be a source of information for people who would use medication this way. This includes talk about overdoses or O.D.'s.

This does include discussion of medical marijuana.

tudorose
06-28-12, 10:43 PM
I'm hoping to try and keep this as natural as possible. I'm taking some herbal stuff from the naturopath, like astragalas, spirulina, a liver tonic and a multivitamin basically to boost my immunity.

There has been some really good advice here, epson salts, tens machine, the link that Sandy provided etc...

Everytime I have to take painkillers I end up feeling like I've failed. I worry about the consequences of taking them. I wish there was a way where I didn't have to take anything at all.

avjgirsijdhtjhs
06-28-12, 10:52 PM
I'm hoping to try and keep this as natural as possible. I'm taking some herbal stuff from the naturopath, like astragalas, spirulina, a liver tonic and a multivitamin basically to boost my immunity.

There has been some really good advice here, epson salts, tens machine, the link that Sandy provided etc...

Everytime I have to take painkillers I end up feeling like I've failed. I worry about the consequences of taking them. I wish there was a way where I didn't have to take anything at all.

Have you looked into D-Phenylalanine or DL-Phenylalanine? When I take half a gram of DL-Phenylalanine on a stomach that hasn't taken in any food or amino acids of any kind, I'll generally feel a little bit of the "exerciser's high" within ten minutes. Now I can't remember how long it lasts, but the effect was NOT imagined. I mean it's the same "endorphiney" effect that I get from chewing up hot peppers. Maybe it would help you, or maybe not, I don't know - I've read promising and not promising things about it, but I do know what I've felt from it on more than a few occasions. Just trying to help :)...

crystal8080
06-28-12, 10:57 PM
As a reminder to everyone, discussion of the use of illegal drugs (as defined by US Federal Law) that encourages or supports is use is forbidden on the forum. As stated in the guidelines:

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15842

This does include discussion of medical marijuana.

I'm sorry. I did not think it I would be violating forum rules by discussing something that is accepted as medicine in my country - and criminally exempt for those who apply and qualify for use. It most certainly will not happen again.:)

Fortune
06-28-12, 11:05 PM
I think there's a kind of cultural attitude of "shame" around the idea of taking painkillers. Like we should all have to grit our teeth and push through the pain. And it really sucks, because oftentimes, people really need that pain relief.

I've spent years with chronic pain, headaches, etc. and did everything I could to avoid taking painkillers for anything but acute conditions (like migraines or toothaches) but didn't bother with the pain that was there all the time. I still don't have any prescription painkillers, myself. I did try Ultram for a bit, but that caused a conflict with my other medications, so I dropped it.

I don't know, I'm not saying that taking painkillers is necessary, just sort of wishing that the idea of treating problems that need treatment wasn't laden with cultural judgment.

purpleToes
07-30-12, 06:44 AM
Hope you're doing well, or at least better, Tudorose. Curious what has been working for you, if anything.

tudorose
07-30-12, 07:33 AM
Hope you're doing well, or at least better, Tudorose. Curious what has been working for you, if anything.

Thanks for asking :) I'm doing a lot better now. Not totally out of the woods yet but doing heaps better. I've been getting to work every day which is good and I haven't caught any of the nasty flu bugs doing the rounds.

What's helping? Time, taking it easy, electric blanket, compression gear, Epsom salt baths, aloe vera juice, just started trying coconut oil, plus the concoction of stuff from the naturopath. Also been putting lots of things into dinners like ginger, turmeric & cinnamon. Keeping warm is a big thing too. It's been so cold here (for Perth) with some 0 degrees C mornings. The only saving grace is that it heats up to about 20 deg C so it's warm if you stand in the sun. I try to get as much sun as possible. I wear gloves at work (thin enough to type with) and a beanie too if I need to.

Main thing I need to get through my head is to stop when I need to stop and not keep trying to work to everyone else's schedule.

alphadeltadelta
08-21-12, 03:42 AM
Tudorose, this may be delayed information but I hope it helps.. if youve gained ground since posting I'm glad for you. I'd like to follow up w/ more info in a pm if you're open to discussion, for now I will urge you to seek comprehensive care in the form of alternative medicine. As an LMP for 12 yrs and (mostly pain free) survivor of 10 car accidents, I can offer specifics on modalities & how best to seek the ideal therapist & applications. For a start: bodywork, including Shiatsu &/or acupuncture, combined w/ naturopathic/homeopathic remedy & macrobiotic diet are each pivotal when clients are proactiv & resolved to connect w/ the right practitioner to begin treatment. In other words.. the spectrum of alt medicine varies in scope & range of quality, and don't lose hope..keep trying on different therapies as you make progress. I'm in Alaska, and well, I'm amazing:) but the commute would likely be impractical! If you have any questions, please msg me here, and I wish you wellness. Take care.

Lunacie
08-21-12, 10:08 AM
My daughter and I have both found accupuncture helpful.

I had it done for chronic daily migraines after a fall broke my arm near the shoulder.

She has it done when she can afford it to relieve pain caused by a car crash 10 years ago.

Neither of us have health insurance and it probably wouldn't cover accupuncture anyway.

We have a wonderful College of Chinese Medicine not too far from us, and

they have a clinic there where the students can practice on real patients,

so it's not terribly expensive. Still took a big chunk of my savings but it was worth it!

I hope you continue to improve. (((hugs)))

MX2012
08-21-12, 11:19 AM
Have you considered acupuncture? I tried it once for stress and after three treatments I found relief unfortunately it was pricey for me, so I could not continue. But, I would try it again when I can afford it.

tudorose
09-05-12, 07:08 AM
Have you considered acupuncture? I tried it once for stress and after three treatments I found relief unfortunately it was pricey for me, so I could not continue. But, I would try it again when I can afford it.

Yep. Get acupuncture from both the physio and the naturopath.

sarahsweets
09-05-12, 10:56 AM
Vitamin d helps too, in addition sto sunshine.

chowmix
09-05-12, 03:34 PM
I was prescribed hydrocodone/APAP (10/325) for a kidney stone.

At first, it affected me psychologically, making me dizzy, tired, and filled with euphoria like no other.

Rapidly, though, I grew tolerant to the mental effects of the drug and now it simply relieves pain for me with no psychological effects.

I say go ahead and take it, unless your extremely against it.

I agree with this assessment. I was given a low dose of codeine for lower back pain and took it for over a year. Once a bit of drowsiness/mild euphoria passed given the initial doses, the pain relieving effect continued until I stopped it. I had no difficulty weaning myself off of it at all.

I never felt that I needed an increasing dosage it's been my experience that a sense that you want to take a larger dose is related to taking the pain killer for the psychological/relaxation/drowsiness ("high") effects. I believe the desire for larger and larger (potentially dangerous) doses relates to seeking the euphoric effects. I've seen the same pattern with Ritalin in my own ADD treatment.

I have tried to understand societal reluctance to take pain medications. I agree that taking pain medication INSTEAD of dealing with the cause of the pain may delay needed treatment. There are so many other reasons given, such as taking them is an indication that you are weak, the medications are bad in themselves, and that you will become addicted, etc.

If you ARE an addictive personality, you may have some difficulty, especially if you seek a high. We've all seen the trials and tribulations of celebrities who abuse their pain medications, and I've seen enough evidence walking the streets of my community that scream the dangers of opiate addiction..

I HAVE seen medications overused by caregivers of the elderly, and I know of one personal case where they were dispensed to help make it easier for the caregivers at the expense of the health of the patient. So YES, there are situations where pain medications are not appropriate.

danelady
09-05-12, 06:36 PM
Oh tudorose I feel for ya and I hope you at least find a quick fix to relieve some of the pain. I read this thread with interest because I am going to have to find something different to relieve my pain or I don't know how much longer I can work.

I can barely get in and out of the truck as it is. I am up to 7 ibuprofen every 4 hours. I know,I know,you don't have to tell me,I've heard it all but if I don't take anything I cannot move,period. Poor Earl,his walks are pretty short these days. And I fell over for the first time because he bumped me.

I'm able to drive,but not like I used to,and after I'm done driving,I walk Earl and throw myself in the bunk and lay there in agony. I can barely clean the truck or do laundry either.

Right now I feel like the tin man in the rain...I'm just stoved up...frozen,can't move. How did you find out what you had? Was it through a blood test? Because I should be heading back to Arizona in a week or two and I am going back to my drs office. My regular dr left that clinic and I will be seeing a new one.

When I told my other dr that I have arthritis she said to take a tylenol. Ppffft! That was all the help she offered! That's why I'm wondering how you found out what you have.

Well,hope today finds you in good spirits and with a smile on your face.

Rebelyell
09-05-12, 08:55 PM
I know how you feel dane,last JUne 2011 I went to throw abag of garbage up onto the rack truck at work and felt soemthing in my back pop.Since then I have had bouts to where I get sciatica lower back pain and Im only 37.Im like thanks alot boss to my co workers,Im like to my friend its nice so n so is gonna screw me putting me in this 5 foot high truck 3 times a week and I wont be able to work much longer and Im only 37,thanks for the support ******** like slim shady saysin his rhymes and by doing me a great injustice w the bosses power trip mind games..
They say coindroitin is good for Arthritis.

tudorose
09-06-12, 01:43 AM
Oh tudorose I feel for ya and I hope you at least find a quick fix to relieve some of the pain. I read this thread with interest because I am going to have to find something different to relieve my pain or I don't know how much longer I can work.

I can barely get in and out of the truck as it is. I am up to 7 ibuprofen every 4 hours. I know,I know,you don't have to tell me,I've heard it all but if I don't take anything I cannot move,period. Poor Earl,his walks are pretty short these days. And I fell over for the first time because he bumped me.

I'm able to drive,but not like I used to,and after I'm done driving,I walk Earl and throw myself in the bunk and lay there in agony. I can barely clean the truck or do laundry either.

Right now I feel like the tin man in the rain...I'm just stoved up...frozen,can't move. How did you find out what you had? Was it through a blood test? Because I should be heading back to Arizona in a week or two and I am going back to my drs office. My regular dr left that clinic and I will be seeing a new one.

When I told my other dr that I have arthritis she said to take a tylenol. Ppffft! That was all the help she offered! That's why I'm wondering how you found out what you have.

Well,hope today finds you in good spirits and with a smile on your face.

Hey Danelady. I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. Constant pain sucks. I hope that some of the advice on this thread can help you too.

I went to work today but have come home early because my body's full of knots, I can feel my arms going numb and I'm totally exhausted. It's not as bad as it sounds. When I started this thread it was in the middle of a major crash / full on relapse. I haven't got back to where I was before that crash but I could feel myself sliding again. This time I think I've caught it in time. I realise I needed to stop so I have instead of doing what I did last time and pushing myself too far. I'm hoping that a couple of days of work to rest and get my head in the right place might work. Then hopefully I can continue to recover.

danelady
09-07-12, 08:50 PM
Oh my gosh,I really feel for ya! I have been on the east coast for a long time now,through all the storms,and the dampness is really doing a number on me I think. I'm heading to Texas right now,hopefully it will be drier. No wait,I'm going down by the bay...oh well.

Yes,take it easy and don't relapse! I wish they would ease up on me. If anything I'm working harder than EVER!! Making that money,but who cares! I can barely walk anymore!!

I'll be reading to see if you come up with any other good ideas for pain!! Take care!

danelady
09-07-12, 08:55 PM
Oh wow,RY,that sounds painfull!! It definitely IS hard climbing up in a truck in pain! I had to finally get myself a step stool to help me get into the back of the trailer when I have to sweep it out!

Rebelyell
09-07-12, 09:24 PM
It just keeps getting better,ive been tired for a long time so when I had my physical dr saw something in my blood 6 months later IM dxed w Anemia,lo iron and lo red blood count and of all Drs I had never wanted to see again was my moms hematologist /oncologist that Im being sent to,Sheesh Im not even 40 yet and its starting to all go sucky bleu on me.Boy I am so freaking right now:(

danelady
09-07-12, 09:48 PM
Oh gee,RY,that must be hard to have to see that dr again. Have they told you anything,or are they still testing?

Yeah,its hard NOT to freak out. Keep me posted,buddy.

tudorose
09-09-12, 05:36 AM
One thing I've been doing is trying to cut out any acidic foods out of my diet and anything that might case an inflammatory response.

So far I've cut out wheat (use spelt, quinoa, rice, wild rice, oats etc). I've also cut out dairy (the most acidic thing you can eat so I've discovered). I found that certain foods like cheese, milk, dark chocolate leave me unable to walk.

I haven't cut out any veggies but I'm careful about how many tomatoes I eat. Oranges are a no go for me.

What helps is spinach, quinoa, basically any green leafy vegetable, sweet potatoes, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger provided I can stay on track which is really hard as when I'm in pain I tend to just eat what I want rather than what I should.

I tried making some millet bread today - epic fail. The roasted chickpeas with morrocan seasoning worked out a but better.

I'm working on the theory that if I don't eat foods that are known to case inflammatory reactions then I might have a better chance of recovery and staying out of pain.

I did try to have discussion with SB on the science section about this. I think the thread was called "dietary causes of disorders and diseases" but we didn't arrive at any solutions. He seemed to be experiencing the same sort of pain but for different reasons.

danelady
09-09-12, 09:38 PM
Milk can cause inflammation? Ooh,I've been on a cereal kick the last few months really heavy. Its my comfort food and my company has really been crackin' that ol' whip,so I eat a lot of it...with milk. Hmm.

I've got to be better about taking my blood pressure meds. I spaced out taking them the last couple of months,but I started again the other day. I was thinking that if I go see a dr they are gonna check my bp and then yell at me if its high.

Truthfully,maybe its all in my head,but I think I'm feeling better! I mean I still have arthritis,but I don't feel like I drove over myself with my truck. So I believe I will cut out the massive amounts of cereal that I am eating.

I guess cottage cheese would be included with the dairy too,huh? Hmmm.

This is good info,though. Thanks!!

The roasted chickpeas sounds yummy!!

tudorose
09-12-12, 06:50 AM
Truthfully,maybe its all in my head,but I think I'm feeling better! I mean I still have arthritis,but I don't feel like I drove over myself with my truck.

I doubt this would be all in your head. Arthritis is real. Maybe you're just managing it better at this point in time. Also I truly believe that stress makes everything hurt more.

I think that sometimes all we can do is manage it.

So I guess if it were me I'd be looking at what you have been doing so you know what to do right.

sarahsweets
09-12-12, 12:04 PM
Just thought or this and I don't know if it's been mentioned hut how about some massage therapy ? It might not be a cure all but maybe it would help to relieve your pain in the short term ?