View Full Version : The 'What Have You Eaten Today' Thread?

RuaRidgeback
06-27-12, 07:41 AM
The nutrition forum seems underused, so I thought I'd start a thread that might be interesting for some.
(I'm also checking if you can post threads here, as all there seems to be are 'sticky' threads and nothing else) :cool:

So far today I've had Angus beef, with mushrooms and onion fried in some olive oil. Later I'll have an omelette or a few scrambled eggs with a side of vegetables. I generally try to stick to a low carbohydrate style of eating as my energy levels go seem more stable :D

BR549
06-27-12, 12:10 PM
Well, it's only 11 a.m here, but I've eaten an apple and a some almonds. Not what I usually eat for breakfast, but I had a big dinner last night and I'm not very hungry. I'll probably have a salad or something light for lunch. Not sure about dinner yet.....

*Oh, if you will scroll to the bottom of the nutrition forum page, you will see a blue menu bar called "Display Options" If you click on the drop down menu under "from the" (the drop down menu probably says "last day") and change it to beginning, you will see all of the threads in this section. :) I hope that helps!

spunkysmum
06-27-12, 12:16 PM
Piece of cheese.

crystal8080
06-27-12, 12:49 PM
Eggs on toast

silivrentoliel
06-27-12, 01:18 PM
breakfast was peanut butter and jelly w/ coffee and a small handful of chips. snack was a couple slices of peach (my client demanded I share with her while she ate), and lunch was a bowl of cereal with real milk (yuck). toss in there quite a few tums and you've got my meals thus far.

Twiggy
06-27-12, 02:21 PM
I had two pieces of whole wheat bread with strawberry jelly and cottage cheese with non-caffeinated tea.

spunkysmum
06-27-12, 02:33 PM
Eating watermelon.

silivrentoliel
06-27-12, 04:26 PM
and a peach!

MX2012
06-27-12, 04:50 PM
silivrentoliel -- just curious about the tums, why so many?

Me, AM-- a one-egg omelet (microwaved), one slice of toast with olive oil and a cup of real coffee with a dollop of milk.

Lunch -- two small breaded ground beef cakes (fried like a crab cake), topped with diced cabbage with serving of black beans. Dessert, two self-serve cups of flan and diet coke.

I focus on protein, carbs, vegs and water. Drink caffeine before noon to keep mind active and to avoid difficulty sleeping at night.

Dinner will probably be a veg skillet dish.

RuaRidgeback
06-27-12, 07:15 PM
Really haven't eaten anywhere near what I should have today. I had five scrambled eggs, fried in butter with a lot of grated Dubliner cheese though! And about four cups of coffee (which seems to have an unwanted effect on suppressing my appetite).

*Oh, if you will scroll to the bottom of the nutrition forum page, you will see a blue menu bar called "Display Options" If you click on the drop down menu under "from the" (the drop down menu probably says "last day") and change it to beginning, you will see all of the threads in this section. :) I hope that helps!

Thanks very much BR, that's fantastic, I'll be having a look through threads tomorrow evening! Mucho appreciado :D

spunkysmum
06-27-12, 07:21 PM
Really haven't eaten anywhere near what I should have today. I had five scrambled eggs, fried in butter with a lot of grated Dubliner cheese though!

I'd say that omelet is a pretty hefty start though!

There'd be at least 350 calories in the eggs, throw in 2 tablespoons of butter and that'd be 200 more, 110 in an ounce of Dubliner cheese and I bet there's more than an ounce in "a lot!"

Not trying to be a food cop, AT ALL. Just pointing out that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself for not eating enough.

Spacemaster
06-27-12, 07:47 PM
Chocolate donut with cherry icing for breakfast and some fruit some drug rep brought to us at work

Cup of Ramen for lunch

Fish sticks and baked beans for supper. And a beer. Tonight will be fun when I hotbox the blankets :D

Not my best culinary day. I've gotten so lazy when it comes to cooking... I'm actually quite good, but lately I've just been overwhelmed with everything else.

spunkysmum
06-27-12, 07:48 PM
I had some Cheddarwurst.

Slo-mo a-go-go
06-27-12, 07:57 PM
ughh cooking, I don't have a good relationship w/ my stove. rice crispies cereal w/ whole milk, pb & plain corn tortilla & lots o' water!

crystal8080
06-27-12, 08:06 PM
I'm going to bake some chicken for the kids ( I don't eat meat) I already have some salad in the fridge and I guess i'll make some packaged noodles (an alfredo type thing) I don't usually do completely packaged food if I can help it. I make lots of snack plates out of whole foods.

Blueranne
06-27-12, 08:14 PM
A bowl of Frosted Flakes with skim milk for breakfast.

A Snickers candy bar and a Dr. Pepper for lunch. (one can of soda in four days)

A pot pie with a glass of ice milk for dinner.

And between now and 7:30 I will likely eat two handfuls of trail mix.

silivrentoliel
06-27-12, 08:33 PM
silivrentoliel -- just curious about the tums, why so many?

I have re-developed my horrible asthmatic cough and it's trying to kill me- I found out by pure accident that Pepto calmed the cough and when I called the doc to ask about it, they made me an appt and said in the mean time to chew on Tums. I think it's caused by reflux which in turn causes the asthmatic symptoms. Never had heartburn tho, just this awful cough and the feeling of something being stuck in my throat.

This has been going on well over 12 years now and I am tickled pink I may have stumbled upon the cause, not just the symptom. I'd love to get rid of this stupid cough for GOOD.

As for dinner, left over chili and a bit of mac & cheese along with tea or something warm to drink later.

MX2012
06-27-12, 09:17 PM
I have re-developed my horrible asthmatic cough and it's trying to kill me- I found out by pure accident that Pepto calmed the cough and when I called the doc to ask about it, they made me an appt and said in the mean time to chew on Tums. I think it's caused by reflux which in turn causes the asthmatic symptoms. Never had heartburn tho, just this awful cough and the feeling of something being stuck in my throat.

This has been going on well over 12 years now and I am tickled pink I may have stumbled upon the cause, not just the symptom. I'd love to get rid of this stupid cough for GOOD.

As for dinner, left over chili and a bit of mac & cheese along with tea or something warm to drink later.

I wondered about that. Something similar happened to me. Reflux has scarred my organs from mouth to stomach maybe more, don't know.

Had breathing issues for over two years, until I got reflux under control and took a medicine that made me cough up a bowl of mucus because my own lungs were not getting rid of the mucus. So, after a combo of drugs including mucinix (sp?), inhalers, etc. I can breathe a lot better. I drink malox(sp?) at night to prevent reflux, seems to help.

I am so grateful I can breathe though I am not at full capacity, it is 10 times better than before.

Good luck.

silivrentoliel
06-27-12, 09:28 PM
I wondered about that. Something similar happened to me. Reflux has scarred my organs from mouth to stomach maybe more, don't know.

Had breathing issues for over two years, until I got reflux under control and took a medicine that made me cough up a bowl of mucus because my own lungs were not getting rid of the mucus. So, after a combo of drugs including mucinix (sp?), inhalers, etc. I can breathe a lot better. I drink malox(sp?) at night to prevent reflux, seems to help.

I am so grateful I can breathe though I am not at full capacity, it is 10 times better than before.

Good luck.

Sounds like no fun, and I'm afraid I'm about to head down a similar path. It's an awful feeling :( I wish I knew where it came from. Now that I'm aware of what it may be, I'm much more aware of how I'm feeling after eating certain foods... Bodies are weird :giggle:

spunkysmum
06-27-12, 09:34 PM
Tacos. Shells are stale though. Ew.

MX2012
06-27-12, 09:35 PM
Sounds like no fun, and I'm afraid I'm about to head down a similar path. It's an awful feeling :( I wish I knew where it came from. Now that I'm aware of what it may be, I'm much more aware of how I'm feeling after eating certain foods... Bodies are weird :giggle:

Yeah, we don't come with operating instructions. Generally, we let our bodies operate on autopilot but these changes are a reminder that taking care of yourself is important.

Targaryen
06-27-12, 09:52 PM
Had a Quaker oatmeal to go bar this morning. The myfitnesspal app did get on to me for not eating anything else.

spunkysmum
06-27-12, 11:04 PM
Drumstick.

http://momsbyheart.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/nestle-drumstick.gif

CheekyMonkey
06-27-12, 11:52 PM
Soy Yogurt for breakfast

Gluten free oatmeal for lunch

Bean chips for a snack

Lentil soup with dried cherries for dinner

Spacemaster
06-27-12, 11:58 PM
Just made from-scratch chocolate chip cookies! And I ate globs and globs of dough. I, am the Cookiemaster.

RuaRidgeback
06-28-12, 03:42 PM
Gonna save this article to read when I have the time, even though I've read Good Calories, Bad Calories... 1000 times :D

http://garytaubes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Science-The-soft-science-of-dietary-fat-21.pdf

I'd say that omelet is a pretty hefty start though!

There'd be at least 350 calories in the eggs, throw in 2 tablespoons of butter and that'd be 200 more, 110 in an ounce of Dubliner cheese and I bet there's more than an ounce in "a lot!"

Not trying to be a food cop, AT ALL. Just pointing out that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself for not eating enough.

Haha cheers! I reckon the cheese had over two ounces, and it was class, so tastaaay :cool:

I think I'll make another one in a few minutes, three ounces of cheese this time (and four tomorrow) :D

And Spacemaster, you've made me want cookies!

Slo-mo a-go-go
06-28-12, 05:35 PM
my sweet baboo woke me up with bowl of yogurt and fresh cut peaches and cantaloupe and a piece of turkey bacon, I am the luckiest gal in the world!

spunkysmum
06-28-12, 05:41 PM
Iced coffee, water and a cupcake. Fixed pancakes with butter and syrup and immediately didn't want them anymore, before I even took the first bite. There's a yogurt getting warm on my dresser that I took out of the fridge a few hours ago with the intention of eating it.

Guess I'm not too hungry today.

Slo-mo a-go-go
06-28-12, 05:54 PM
Fixed pancakes with butter and syrup and immediately didn't want them anymore, before I even took the first bite.

arggg that happens to me all the time and I just don't get it....it like I have the tummy of a 3 yr old!

body: i want to eat!
me: what do you want to eat?
body: pancakes!
me: okay but you have promise to eat it bc it takes alot of effort for me to cook.
body: I promise!
15mins later
body: (whining) ....but I dont want pancakes...no don't make me eat pancakes!
me: (head explodes) !!@#$%^!!

spunkysmum
06-28-12, 06:17 PM
arggg that happens to me all the time and I just don't get it....it like I have the tummy of a 3 yr old!

body: i want to eat!
me: what do you want to eat?
body: pancakes!
me: okay but you have promise to eat it bc it takes alot of effort for me to cook.
body: I promise!
15mins later
body: (whining) ....but I dont want pancakes...no don't make me eat pancakes!
me: (head explodes) !!@#$%^!!

I'm worse...I didn't even make them myself, just put butter and syrup on them and put them in the microwave.

Losing your appetite while cooking something you thought you were hungry for happens, a lot of it is because the fragrance of some foods cooking actually satisfies hunger signals in the brain.

This simply not being hungry for stuff and "forgetting to eat" only happens for me on meds though. It doesn't naturally happen when I'm off meds. Off meds I'm prone to go looking for something to eat when I'm bored. I don't believe this difference can be explained completely by the appetite suppressant effects of Adderall either. Because off it I do compulsively eat - and compulsive eating has little to do with hunger a lot of the time. I might be no more hungry off meds than I am on them on any given day, but off meds I will eat anyway while on meds I do not eat mindlessly when not hungry.

RuaRidgeback
07-04-12, 09:27 AM
I had an omelette for breakfast, four eggs, a lot of cheese, fried in a bit of butter. Tasty!

Later I'll cook some decent steak, with sauteed mushrooms and onion. Ketosis here I come, possibly =]

stef
07-04-12, 09:55 AM
coffee & strawberry yogurt thing (it's "fromage blanc", I guess a thick less yogurty tasting dairy thing) this morning;

some thin fruit breakfast snack bars around 11;

for lunch - a small turkey & cheese sandwich and another yogurt.

I'll probably have a huge dinner as usual. I'm trying to lose 5-10 lbs before vacation and I have gained back 400g. *sigh*

crystal8080
07-04-12, 12:03 PM
Oatmeal with brown sugar, milk and strawberries!

Joker_Girl
07-04-12, 07:49 PM
I have ate like a pig all day. I had cereal and milk, and then i had a hot dog, and then i had some grapes, and then two tacos. And a yogurt. And when we go to the lake to watch fireworks, i want a slushie. Grape. or Strawberry.

CheekyMonkey
07-04-12, 10:49 PM
I hate baked lays for breakfast. :lol: Don't judge me, I woke up late!

Homemade carnitas with cilantro rice and black beans for lunch.

About to eat a chicken cesar salad, dressing on the side.

(Also partaking in gluten free beer!)

LynneC
07-06-12, 12:28 PM
I hate baked lays for breakfast. :lol: Don't judge me, I woke up late!

Homemade carnitas with cilantro rice and black beans for lunch.

About to eat a chicken cesar salad, dressing on the side.

(Also partaking in gluten free beer!)
Where do you get the GF beer?

I had, for lunch, 1 hb egg, a hamburger patty left over from the 4th topped with salsa that I made yesterday, a small amount of refried beans, a chunk of queso fresco and a few GF crackers with hummus. I'm a smorgasborg kind of eater. :p

No breakfast, which is the norm for me...

CheekyMonkey
07-07-12, 03:06 AM
Where do you get the GF beer?

I had, for lunch, 1 hb egg, a hamburger patty left over from the 4th topped with salsa that I made yesterday, a small amount of refried beans, a chunk of queso fresco and a few GF crackers with hummus. I'm a smorgasborg kind of eater. :p

No breakfast, which is the norm for me...

A chain called BevMo. There is a new brand of gluten free beer out called Omission....it is awesome! Their page goes over their process and lab tests to make sure it is "gluten free."

http://omissionbeer.com/

JamalJ
07-07-12, 08:15 PM
bbq ribs and a green smoothie.

RuaRidgeback
07-08-12, 02:14 PM
The usual breakfast of eggs, about five hours after waking up. Not in the mood for food today it seems.

Rebelyell
07-08-12, 03:34 PM
a bowl of life cereal and 5 chocolate chip cookies w 4 ice teas to wash it down.

CheekyMonkey
07-08-12, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=CheekyMonkey;1329823]A chain called BevMo. There is a new brand of gluten free beer out called Omission....it is awesome! Their page goes over their process and lab tests to make sure it is "gluten free."

Omission beer has a website that tells you all about their gluten free process, just google it.

Targaryen
07-09-12, 12:49 AM
Homemade chicken Parmesean with wheat noodles.

Chicchick
07-11-12, 06:36 PM
Hmm.. It's so hard to remember! (textbook ADD :umm1:)

A whole wheat sandwich with natural peanut butter, a Luna bar, two organic granola bars, 3 egg whites, a cup of blueberries, and a parfait with greek yogurt and kashi cereal.

not exactly the most balanced, but, at least everything was whole grain, right?:D

Rebelyell
07-11-12, 07:28 PM
Had a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch an coffee for b fast and for lunch a dr pepper w 2stuffed pizza crust rolls w cheese onions and sausage w marinara sauce.I need somethign to eat soon,I dont feel like eating anymore I dont know if its depression or the heat or what havent really been that hungry lately?

Electra2
07-11-12, 08:25 PM
I had a big piece of cheeze (cheddar)
aand...lets think...
erm...corn-porige...
aaaand...pizza and brain-coolers...
a piece of chocklate...
lots of pasta...

oh man...!:o

Oh and I forgot to drink my green monster soda.Yey!
Erh...Oops :P

Rebelyell
07-11-12, 08:45 PM
I like the monster energy drinks especially the green and purple ones,ooh yeah they make me so frenetically hyper:D

Spacemaster
07-11-12, 09:41 PM
One routine I somehow manage to stick to is my Wednesday doughnut. It's chocolate doughnut with cherry icing. I may have even posted about it last Wednesday. I don't remember, and I'm not going back a few pages.

I had a hotdog cooked in the microwave, with a piece of dried up white bread as the bun.

My fella made dinner. mac-n-cheese with dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets.

I have GOT to go grocery shopping and start cooking already! sheesh! I'm really good too! (when I get the ambition)

Rebelyell
07-11-12, 10:43 PM
BOy thats really the dinner of champions there;) you go girl lol.:)

stef
07-12-12, 03:10 AM
Strawberry yogurt & coffee (it's only 9 AM here)
I wonder if I can find dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets!

Electra2
08-01-12, 02:26 PM
cheese sandwitch

doiadhd
08-01-12, 02:39 PM
Nothin,and its nearly eight at night here,think i'll read through thread to make my self want to eat.

Retromancer
08-01-12, 02:50 PM
Last nights pizza washed down with strong coffee.

doiadhd
08-01-12, 02:58 PM
Last nights pizza washed down with strong coffee.

wish had last nights kebab,would teach that lump of meat another lesson. Ok hungry now,cheers