View Full Version : Looking for an accountability buddy

starrykitten
07-02-12, 03:42 PM
Hi all--

Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this.

I'm looking for someone who can help hold me accountable for getting things done (and I can do the same in return). We can exchange email addresses and send notes like "Ask me tomorrow if I've mailed those packages and returned my library books." I find that having somebody ask me about things like that is helpful. Please PM me if you're interested.

spunkysmum
07-02-12, 04:29 PM
You know what I have been thinking, is that maybe setting up a network, or sort of delegating out the things one needs help with among a number of friends to have them remind you, would be the way to go. I don't really know any one person I would want to lay all my issues onto, but I can think of certain things that certain people might be willing to help with.

I did this last week with a girl I know from Facebook and another site. She has bipolar and heaven knows what other issues and disorders, is rather childlike despite being 30, is on disability and living with her parents. She loves cats and really wishes she could have some or spend time with some. Whenever one of my cats is sick or lost she always says "I am praying for your kitty!" So when I was beating myself up about not seeming to be able to remember consistently give the cats the alternative medicines/supplements I need to give them to keep them well & combat chronic respiratory illness, ESPECIALLY in the extremely hot weather we've been having which can bring down barn and other outside cats like flies in a very short period of time, I thought why not ask this girl to remind me every day to give the cats their medicines? It would be a way for her to do something to help cats and make her feel like she was helping. And even though she hasn't ended up asking every day, the thought that she might is enough to prompt me to get it done every day. I know that she looks up to me so I feel some responsibility not to let her down. I also worry about what she would think about me if I let the cats down.

I have been thinking I need to think of what other areas I could assign to what other people in my life, people who themselves would put importance on that particular thing, so they would know the importance of being reminded.

This is a way also to not be too dependent on any one person, putting pressure on them to be responsible for another person's whole schedule, or throwing my relationship with them off balance by shifting too much of the "power" to them, thus messing with my all-consuming need to be independent.

alisno1fan
07-19-12, 07:11 PM
Oo oo pick me!! I've been looking for the same thing. Helping each other out. I'll add you if that's ok