View Full Version : Wild Nature Photography

Crazygirl79
07-03-12, 01:10 AM
I have started up my own photography page on Facebook and I've put up some nature shots from my last camping trip which have turned out pretty good.

At the moment it's only a hobby and I use a very simple Olympus 14 megapixel camera but eventually I will aim to purchase a Nikon or a Canon DSLR camera and I will consider doing paid work when my photography skills improve.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wild-Nature-Photography/322544634504270

Selena :)

CheekyMonkey
07-03-12, 02:20 AM
Cool cool!

I have a Canon Xsi. Photopgraphy is a very expensive hobby. :mad:

I have a few favorite books that got me started the right foot:

Understanding Exposure
John Shaw's Nature Photography
Scott Kelby's Digital Photography books 1 and 2

Crazygirl79
07-03-12, 03:35 AM
Thanks for that!!

I have a couple of books and a good eye for detail to help me out!!

I will have to save $$$ for a good DSLR camera.

Selena

Crazygirl79
07-04-12, 02:40 AM
Here is a youtube slideshow T and I created for some of the photos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NKjjRxl9Gs

Selena

Drewbacca
07-04-12, 02:48 PM
Photopgraphy is a very expensive hobby. :mad:

No kidding! I used to have a Nikon D70 but the p.o.s. had a relatively short shutter life. My camera died in under three years. So much for a new investment. I won't buy another DSLR unless I can afford a professional level camera, not one of their "prosumer" overpriced toys.

For now, I'm using a Canon Powershot s95 point&shoot which is great b/c I got it cheap when the new version came out, it has manual controls and a relatively fast lens (f 2.0).

I'll eventually pick up a few DSLRs but I want to have more than one so that I can just keep the same lens mounted for different purposes. When it costs $100 every time you need to get the camera cleaned, the expenses add up fast. Ideally, I'd have a portrait camera with a fast lens, an outdoor camera with a wide lens and decent zoom, and another camera with a fast lens set up for infrared photography... I love IR photography!!!

Crazygirl79
07-04-12, 05:09 PM
Now that I work saving up $2000 for a proper DSLR camera shouldn't be as hard as it would have been before and I think that's what I'll do.

Selena

Crazygirl79
07-05-12, 06:52 AM
Here is my second slideshow..

I took the pictures at Sandgate and Shorncliffe, both places have significance to me from when I was a child living in a childrens home back in the 1980's, there is no sound because I seriously could not think of an appropriate tune to put with this..

I hope you like them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bdJoMPCEP0&feature=plcp

Selena

jobber
08-03-12, 02:32 AM
I have started up my own photography page on Facebook and I've put up some nature shots from my last camping trip which have turned out pretty good.

At the moment it's only a hobby and I use a very simple Olympus 14 megapixel camera but eventually I will aim to purchase a Nikon or a Canon DSLR camera and I will consider doing paid work when my photography skills improve.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wild-Nature-Photography/322544634504270

Selena :)

What started as a hobby for me ended up turning into my career. I am an under educated high school drop out who was working a dead end job in construction. Always had a strong fascination for cameras when i was a kid, it wasn't until my mid twenties that I figured out that I had creative eye. Completely self taught, I figured out enough to put together a small portfolio and honed my skills shooting red carpet events in Hollywood at night while working my construction job during the day to make ends meet and provide for my wife. In addition to working long hours at my construction job, I would spend 2 hours in the car each way, driving to Los Angeles from the small community I grew up in near San Diego. The hard work and sacrifices eventually paid off in spades. I was able to leave my dead end construction job and now make my living taking pictures of the rich and famous. Anyways, I hope you get as much enjoyment from this hobby as I have. Keep making pictures and stay inspired.
J

Crazygirl79
08-26-12, 10:27 PM
Here is another video of the pics I took of my date with Tim...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yAn9dZW68c

I shall put up some more pics in the near future.

Selena

Jynical
08-26-12, 10:47 PM
Very, very cool!!

Photographer here too. :D

kaushalsingh
12-06-12, 08:18 AM
Nice shots!!!
As you yourself said you are not a professional so there is a lot for you to learn in this field.
Focus more next time while clicking pictures and learn some tips and techniques and you will be on right track to be a profeesional.
Best of luck

kaushalsingh
12-06-12, 08:19 AM
Nice shots!!!
As you yourself said you are not a professional so there is a lot for you to learn in this field.
Focus more next time while clicking pictures and learn some tips and techniques and you will be on right track to be a profeesional.
Best of luck

vanslem6
12-10-12, 12:04 PM
No need to spend $2,000 on a camera body. Spend money on good lenses instead. I always suggest buying a used body. I know of far too many people that have dropped a giant wad of money on new gear, only to sell it at a loss, or have it collect dust in the closet. Camera bodies are like computers - they're outdates the day after they're released. Lenses on the other hand hold their value and never really "go bad." If you go Canon or Nikon, the market is flooded with used gear and people that know how to use it. That is just a suggestion I like to make. Anyhow, keep on shooting!

Crazygirl79
01-12-13, 08:23 PM
Here are some of my Instagram and iPhone photos!! You will also see my beautiful 10 year old red tabby Garfield and my friend's white cat Casper in both sets of uploads!!

Crazygirl79
01-12-13, 08:25 PM
Here are some more of my Instagram pics...I love Instagram lol

Crazygirl79
01-12-13, 08:31 PM
Pics from the camera...ok that didn't work so I'll try it again another day!!

Selena