View Full Version : If you were a comic book superhero

ginniebean
07-04-12, 06:38 PM
Who would you be, I'm still torn but will reply soon.

Pics are welcome.

TheChemicals
07-04-12, 06:47 PM
Mr Fantastic for obvious reasons....

Conman
07-05-12, 01:59 AM
Spiderman, Deadpool, Wolverine, El Superbeasto, Spawn, Venom, or Grendel (even though he's a criminal lord he's the man, plus it depends on what series youre reading)

Joker_Girl
07-05-12, 02:01 AM
I would be Wonder Woman, so i could have an invisible jet.

BouCoupDinkyDau
07-05-12, 02:30 AM
Magneto, but I'd want teleportation as a bonus power.

Conman
07-05-12, 02:33 AM
SuperMagneto?

BouCoupDinkyDau
07-05-12, 02:45 AM
He comes in super?! :p

Honestly, I just want the ability to manipulate magnetic fields and teleport. You can call me whatever you want, but just give me those two powers please.

Conman
07-05-12, 02:47 AM
i suppose i would want to be Franklin Richards since he has the superpower i want, the power to manipulate reality

sarek
07-05-12, 06:59 AM
As much as I would love to fly around and make stuff explode I would rather be someone whose role I could play more easily.

So I think I will pick professor Xavier.

Abi
07-05-12, 07:53 AM
Rorschach

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/2958896_f520.jpg

tudorose
07-05-12, 07:58 AM
Storm from x-men. I'd like to be able to control the weather

ginniebean
07-05-12, 09:00 AM
It was a tough decision but I'm going to go with Phoenix (Jean Grey)

anonymouslyadd
07-05-12, 09:20 AM
Maybe the hulk.

Fortune
07-05-12, 09:31 AM
It was a tough decision but I'm going to go with Phoenix (Jean Grey)

I considered this but I remembered that she suffered a fatal dose of radiation while piloting a space shuttle back to Earth and ended up in a cocoon on the bottom of Jamaica Bay while Phoenix took her place. And then Phoenix committed suicide on the Blue Are of the Moon not too long afterward rather than face the possibility of destroying more star systems (having already destroyed one, inhabited by a species called the D'bari, and having the Shi'ar Imperial Guard come to try to execute her, which led to the whole battle in the Blue Area). And then Jean Grey's clone comes around and marries Cyclops, and they have a child.

Later, Jean Grey's recovered from the bottom of Jamaica Bay. As soon as Cyclops finds out, he abandons his wife and child to join a new team composed of the original X-Men and be with the newly revived Jean. Who died several years later, killed by someone who was pretending to be Magneto but wasn't.

Also, Scott's other wife went insane and made a deal with a demon, and became the Goblyn Queen during Inferno, when New York was being merged with Limbo, another hellish dimension ruled by the New Mutant Magik. Who currently has 20% of the Phoenix Force, along with Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, and Prince Namor in the pointless Avengers vs. X-Men crossover going on.

... anyway, that's why I was like "Phoenix sounds good, but not the choice for me. All that dying or nearly dying is a bit much."

Perfectly good choice, though.

Fortune
07-05-12, 09:48 AM
I think, picking one, I'll take a random Kryptonian who survived the war with Earth (War of the Supermen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_War_of_the_Supermen)) and is hanging out on Earth afterward.

salleh
07-05-12, 10:52 AM
I used to be known as "Wonder Woman" ......'cause everyone wondered at that woman .......that title was given to me by a former roommate, and was always followed by 'cause everyone wondered at that woman ......

Retromancer
07-05-12, 11:47 AM
Hellboy as portrayed by Ron Perlman. Your basic working-class superhero. No freakin' tights for him.

TheChemicals
07-05-12, 12:06 PM
Mr. Fantastic is winner. He can expand/stretch any part of his body.

Conman
07-05-12, 12:52 PM
Abi, good choice with Rorschach. he's awesome.

Spawn is a good guy who gets all the saucy powers of hell and the universe itself. he kills demons and angels. and he's freaking awesome. only downcide is looking like Freddy Krueger with completely green eyes

ana futura
07-05-12, 01:14 PM
I was going to say Phoenix (actually Dark Phoenix!) but she's been taken, and perhaps all that dying/ not dying is a bit much. And even though Dark Phoenix is powerful as hell, she is also insane.

So I then I thought Rogue, because I could have any power I wanted. But Rogue is all messed up too, and I'm not sure if I want to absorb people's memories.

What is it with all of the lady X-Men being so messed up?

Like Psylocke- totally awesome, and so messed up. The ladies who are well adjusted all have lame powers, like Dazzler. Even she had to go through some major trauma, and her power is roller skating :rolleyes:

Scarlet Witch is pretty badass. Maybe Scarlet Witch. Or Emma Frost.

I would have to be a mutant, being a normal human with exceptional skill, like Black Widow, does not fit me.

Joker_Girl
07-05-12, 01:34 PM
I guess ill just be the Joker. It seems appropriate.

I really wish i had a super power though. It makes me sad to not have one.

My super power could be theme music that plays every time i walk in a room.

I will pick, "I Touch Myself" by the Devinyls.

ana futura
07-05-12, 01:38 PM
I guess ill just be the Joker. It seems appropriate.

I'm a little afraid of you now.

Joker_Girl
07-05-12, 01:56 PM
Its that song, isnt it?

That IS scary. LOL.

Maybe instead i could have scissor hands, like Edward Scissorhands. No that would be bad when i have to pee. How about just like gloves with knives in them like Freddy Krueger? And I want them to be ones so like you cant see them, but if i throw my hand out, they just come flying out.

Sweeet!

Probably it is a bad idea for me to have a bunch of knives, I am a clutz, and I will end up falling and killing myself. Then i could be on 1000 Ways To Die!

Fortune
07-05-12, 02:03 PM
I was going to say Phoenix (actually Dark Phoenix!) but she's been taken, and perhaps all that dying/ not dying is a bit much. And even though Dark Phoenix is powerful as hell, she is also insane.

So I then I thought Rogue, because I could have any power I wanted. But Rogue is all messed up too, and I'm not sure if I want to absorb people's memories.

What is it with all of the lady X-Men being so messed up?

Like Psylocke- totally awesome, and so messed up. The ladies who are well adjusted all have lame powers, like Dazzler. Even she had to go through some major trauma, and her power is roller skating :rolleyes:

Scarlet Witch is pretty badass. Maybe Scarlet Witch. Or Emma Frost.

I would have to be a mutant, being a normal human with exceptional skill, like Black Widow, does not fit me.

Rachel Summers was Phoenix for a time in Excalibur and never lost control or went insane.

ana futura
07-05-12, 02:06 PM
Maybe instead i could have scissor hands, like Edward Scissorhands. No that would be bad when i have to pee. How about just like gloves with knives in them like Freddy Krueger? And I want them to be ones so like you cant see them, but if i throw my hand out, they just come flying out.

Sweeet!

Probably it is a bad idea for me to have a bunch of knives, I am a clutz, and I will end up falling and killing myself. Then i could be on 1000 Ways To Die!

Clearly you should be wolverine, because then you'd have adamantium (the best metal ever) claws, and a super healing ability, so if you do wound yourself you'll recover quickly.

I would so be wolverine if I were shorter and hairier and angrier.

ana futura
07-05-12, 02:18 PM
Rachel Summers was Phoenix for a time in Excalibur and never lost control or went insane.

Rachel Summers would be an excellent choice.

I think I am leaning towards Emma Frost, because she has a bad attitude, just like me.

I really like Psylocke, but again, too much dying/ not dying/ being brainwashed/ having her eyes gouged out.

Fortune
07-05-12, 02:23 PM
Rachel Summers would be an excellent choice.

I think I am leaning towards Emma Frost, because she has a bad attitude, just like me.

I really like Psylocke, but again, too much dying/ not dying/ being brainwashed/ having her eyes gouged out.

Right. Plus the body swapping.

Emma Frost has 1/5th of the Phoenix Force right now:

http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2012/06/06/Avengers-vs-X-Men-Meet-the-Phoenix-Five-AK1K68J0-x-large.jpg

ana futura
07-05-12, 02:32 PM
Right. Plus the body swapping.

Emma Frost has 1/5th of the Phoenix Force right now

I definitely want the Phoenix Force, but I probably couldn't handle it. Maybe I could handle a fifth of it.

ginniebean
07-05-12, 02:34 PM
I think, picking one, I'll take a random Kryptonian who survived the war with Earth (War of the Supermen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_War_of_the_Supermen)) and is hanging out on Earth afterward.

At good Kryptonian or a bad Kryptonian?

Fortune
07-05-12, 02:37 PM
At good Kryptonian or a bad Kryptonian?

The good kind.

The bad kind are downright terrifying. In a bad way.

Fortune
07-05-12, 02:51 PM
Clearly you should be wolverine, because then you'd have adamantium (the best metal ever) claws, and a super healing ability, so if you do wound yourself you'll recover quickly.

I would so be wolverine if I were shorter and hairier and angrier.

An alternative to Wolverine is X-23, aka Laura. Wolverine's female clone:

http://images.wikia.com/x-men/images/1/11/X-23_002.jpg

Among other things, she babysits Franklin and Valeria Richards.

Fortune
07-05-12, 02:51 PM
Ginnie found the way to draw me into this subforum.

ginniebean
07-05-12, 03:19 PM
Ginnie found the way to draw me into this subforum.

Muhahahahaha.. It was my fiendish plot. I chose phoenix because it seemed appropriate. I keep having to rise from the ashes.

Fortune
07-05-12, 03:32 PM
Truthfully, I will take any excuse to explain the history of the X-Men in whole or part and as much length seems necessary.

I'm just glad I dodged the whole Nate Grey/Cable sidetrack.

Joker_Girl
07-05-12, 04:20 PM
Oooh i like her, she looks tough.

I like her boots.

Slo-mo a-go-go
07-05-12, 05:09 PM
http://www.awn.com/mag/issue2.2/images/cohencolossal07.gifAeon Flux has always be my alter ego!
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/onair/aeon_flux/images/tools_of_the_trade/toolsof1.jpg

mindracing
07-05-12, 06:09 PM
I'm making up my own and going with Procrastination Woman or Queen of Piles

:)

Slo-mo a-go-go
07-05-12, 06:28 PM
I'm making up my own and going with Procrastination Woman or Queen of Piles

:)

:lol::yes:

mctavish23
07-05-12, 06:47 PM
I'd be Spawn (or the dude from Drive Angry).

tc

mctavish23

(Robert)

bADDad
07-06-12, 05:14 PM
As pedestrian as this sounds... It has to be Batman.

I love it that he is just a man on a mission. No powers at all. And the fact that he is essentially flawed and broken in the beginning but picks himself up and becomes legend.

Can't wait for the final Dark Knight installment in a few weeks!

ooooOOOOOOoooOOOOoooOOooo

Conman
07-07-12, 02:48 AM
JTHM, Squee, Jesus, or the monkey from My Monkey's Name is Jennifer

anonymouslyadd
07-07-12, 03:12 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-223NIJVmoLc/T6GP8Ks3kAI/AAAAAAAAAik/mb6Za7t8ioQ/s1600/hulk4.jpg

Phantastic
07-07-12, 02:08 PM
Universe man. I'd have a watch with a minute hand, a millennium hand, and an Eon hand. And when they meet, its a happy land. Powerful man, universe man. *nods*

Slo-mo a-go-go
07-08-12, 02:04 PM
Universe man. I'd have a watch with a minute hand, a millennium hand, and an Eon hand. And when they meet, its a happy land. Powerful man, universe man. *nods*

Fannnnnntastic ~Phantastic!
You create this yourself>?
I love it!

Retromancer
07-08-12, 02:42 PM
Sounds like Office Man. Spends his day staring at the clock. The hour hand is kind of like the millennium hand. The Eon hand is of course the years, months and days to his retirement.

TygerSan
07-09-12, 10:05 PM
Beast from X-men? I guess. . . though I'm not sure I'd be on the side of the mutant cure. . .
If it weren't so isolating, and he weren't so ****ing insane and traumatized, I kinda like Rorshach from Watchmen . . . that and Wolverine. . .And Batman for the same reason as mentioned above: just a determined man with mad toys and skills and no supernatural *anything*.

Great, now I have that song stuck in my head. . .

Conman
07-10-12, 02:15 AM
Dr. Manhattan, Rorschach

sighduck
07-10-12, 10:58 AM
spaceman spiff

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dqm-I6fjefo/SmrdF02f-hI/AAAAAAAACV8/x_Tk5F4xTek/s400/SpacemanSpiff.gif

stef
07-10-12, 11:11 AM
That kid in X-Men (I'm not sure which movie) who didn't need to sleep and changed channels by blinking. (this was just a really short scene!)

I admit that's kind of strange to want my superpower to be "watching late night TV"...

ginniebean
07-10-12, 11:12 AM
It's probably something to do with never ever having to look for the remote ever again that makes it really attractive :D

Abi
07-10-12, 11:40 AM
That kid in X-Men (I'm not sure which movie) who didn't need to sleep and changed channels by blinking. (this was just a really short scene!)

I admit that's kind of strange to want my superpower to be "watching late night TV"...

Ask Fortune, she will give you the kid's name, his/her geneology, life story, sexual/romantic history, favourite food and psych profile.

Fortune
07-10-12, 11:48 AM
His name is Jones and he doesn't appear in the comics. Most of the characters do appear in the comics, although often in a somewhat different form or different age. For example, Mystique was never in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants with Magneto, but she formed her own incarnation of the same group. Her group included Pyro, who was blond, an adult, and had a flamethrower on his back to provide him with fuel for his powers.

I don't actually know any mutant's favorite food.

stef
07-10-12, 11:48 AM
It's probably something to do with never ever having to look for the remote ever again that makes it really attractive :D

and, not falling asleep on the couch !

sarahsweets
07-10-12, 01:55 PM
Does it have to be a real comic book character? I have tons of made up ones in my head;)

NATIVE762
07-10-12, 03:34 PM
Does it have to be comic books?.....if so I'be SPAWN or Ghost Rider
(IF NOT/ then i'd either be Isaac Clarke or Albert Wesker)

Electra2
07-11-12, 07:37 PM
I had so many cartoon heroes!Some of them even seemed like "magical"...

The Glofriends
The great Giana sisters
The Smurfs
Hiawata
My little ponies
Jem and the holograms
Popples
Carebears
She-ra
lady lovelylooks
superteddy
bumpy bears
inspector gadget
ghost busters
Pacman
The pink panter

My friends used to like strawberry shortcake,transformers,and He-man.
I used to watch Les mondes angloutis ,Snoopy,Garfield,Disney movies (and
non cartoonfilms like : E.T. , Majka z kosmosu,The labyrinth,
The neverending story,Short circuit,Herbie and ...lots of others. )

mctavish23
07-11-12, 10:21 PM
How about "Quail Man" (with amazing quail powers) from the old Nickeloden

cartoon, DOUG.

Not that I'd wanna be him, just sayin.:giggle:

later

BouCoupDinkyDau
07-12-12, 01:17 AM
Dr. Manhattan, Rorschach

Being Dr. M would be awesome, only because you could walk around with your junk out and everyone would pretend they weren't staring. :D

Seriously though, he'd probably be my ultimate choice as well. Teleportation and matter manipulation are two powers I'd love to have. I'd just want to be able to turn off his future-seeing ability at will though. Viewing time as a whole rather than an undiscovered linear progression would spoil all the fun in life and just be generally annoying.

Conman
07-12-12, 01:56 AM
yeah, i could be on mars and meditate on the aspects of life, meaning of life, and the universe itself