View Full Version : wellbutrin getting off it and feeling normal again

hollywood
07-10-12, 10:25 AM
I've been on 300xl last winter and I'm on 150xl now. It does work but I don't remember as much but yeah it's not bad for drive and mood. Basically without it I start to get angry about not moving up and I get bored. I think I am tired of the dulling effect it has on stimulants though. It's about two weeks once your done to get back to normal right?

FocusPocus10
07-10-12, 02:25 PM
I've been on 300xl last winter and I'm on 150xl now. It does work but I don't remember as much but yeah it's not bad for drive and mood. Basically without it I start to get angry about not moving up and I get bored. I think I am tired of the dulling effect it has on stimulants though. It's about two weeks once your done to get back to normal right?

8 days for it to clear the blood

hollywood
07-10-12, 02:48 PM
yeah thats about right isn't it. You pretty much feel like crap before that when you stop if I remember correctly right? Low energy ...etc.. Then is starts fading and all of a sudden I can write much more fluidly in emails and stuff. Does that sound familiar?

known_guy
07-17-12, 10:27 PM
A couple weeks after lowering my dose to 150mg (from 300mg), I feel much better, like a fog's been lifted. Weird because I never felt like it was impairing me before. Or making me feel unlike "myself". But yeah, after all, I started feeling better even a couple days after the lowering. I think I can somewhat relate to what you mean.

hollywood
07-18-12, 08:42 AM
Well yeah I totally agree with the fact that lowering the dose certainly does help. The issue is that I really cannot remember things to do or what I should be doing or just flat out I cannot think sharply like I can when not on wellbutrin. I will tell you this, that is wellbutrin seems to help me stay on task at work instead of just aimlessly avoiding boring work or putting it off. The thing is that its still not great because with wellbutrin yes I'm on task but I don't really feel like I am able to use my prefrontal cortex for processing things in any sort of order. I can tell you modanfil works for that and really helps enhance working memory but wellbutrin certainly does not. I'm kind of on the fence about it. I have sleep apnea which really throws my ability to evaluate the whole situation accurately too..