View Full Version : best ssri or snri for social shyness not taking action

hollywood
07-11-12, 09:11 AM
Which ssri' helps put your intended thoughts into action the most.

hollywood
07-11-12, 10:14 AM
so anybody just let me know when you can which ssri or snri seems to combat internal shyness when you can . It's nothing more than that. I find the smallest things seem to really make a difference .

Twiggy
07-11-12, 10:56 AM
I'd also would like to know what medication can do that other than stimulants.

hollywood
07-11-12, 11:27 AM
I think it may be celexa honestly ... I would say that or a snri , but it really comes down to which will interfere less with stimulants down the road and not make adhd symptoms worse once acclaimated. That being said , I have found my drive remains with cymbalta but I start to feel , well too reclusive. On the other hand with celexa the startup is worse regarding fatigue but once adapted the results are better for social shyness....Hence work and true self productivity show more at work.

Twiggy
07-11-12, 12:03 PM
For example, I take Ritalin and feel very social and get things done with people.

BUT when it wears off after 2.5 hours I don't feel the wanting to be around people very much and ignore them. This is a problem, since my job is people oriented and talking/helping them is very important.

I would have to take another Ritalin for another 2.5 hours and so on until work is done.

Would Celexa keep that social energy up along with Ritalin? Or something else?

hollywood
07-11-12, 12:16 PM
prozac would probably help you keep up that level of social energy or an snri only due to the NE component. I get totally what your saying about ritalin. Yes it has that effect and you re dose and it repeats ... Wellbutrin and snri seems to be the best thing I have found or ritalin and snri ...

Twiggy
07-11-12, 12:37 PM
Thanks.
Does Prozac have weight gain issues?

hollywood
07-11-12, 01:55 PM
maybe less than cymbalta or even to cymbalta ... It's a toss up.

hollywood
07-14-12, 11:53 AM
sounds good people. Looking for the best ssri or snri that doesnt cause alot of fatigue and helps stop stop anxiety and let you put thoughts into verbalization and action. Not that huge of a change, just becoming yourself and doing instead of thinking about it. Lets go and I'm waiting for the feedback. I'll be checking in.