View Full Version : Gluten Limited not Gluten Free

jace49
07-14-12, 10:06 AM
Iíve tried following a Gluten Free lifestyle and the results are positive. I donít know if I have celiac disease but I do have inflammation when I eat to much Gluten ( wheat, processed foods), but the pressure of leading a Gluten Free lifestyle can get overwhelming , to lighten the pressure , ďIím Gluten LimitedĒ.

CheekyMonkey
07-14-12, 11:25 AM
I'm celiac. I would highly recommend getting tested for celiac BEFORE you go gluten free. If you are celiac, and you don't follow a strict diet, it will cause many problems for you and could end your life sooner than you would like. If you are only gluten intolerant, there is more wiggle room, but it is very important to find out which one you are.

How long have you been gluten free for? The first 2 years were rough for me, but now I don't even really think about it too much.

jace49
07-16-12, 11:59 AM
I have Ataxia, I've been Gluten Limited for about a 11/2 yrs, I have positive results, less allergies and immflamation. I'm sticking with it.

jace49
07-16-12, 12:02 PM
Pasta and Bread is a Italian staple, Rice pasta in bags is my pasta change and corn tortillas are my bread change. I'm not free of Gluten but I cut it down a lot.

LynneC
07-16-12, 01:43 PM
Pasta and Bread is a Italian staple, Rice pasta in bags is my pasta change and corn tortillas are my bread change. I'm not free of Gluten but I cut it down a lot.
I have also experienced benefits from limiting gluten intake, including less IBS symptoms. I do not have the genetic markers for celiac or Crohn's, but I feel way better when I limit the gluten. Altough in my case, it may be the limiting of wheat as opposed to gluten that is causing the benefit.

In addition, after mostly eliminating wheat from my diet, and in general eating less carbohydrate from grain sources I have dropped about 15 lbs...

Drewbacca
07-16-12, 06:52 PM
I was gluten free for a year with no notable improvement. I'm going to try again though, since my serotonin-deficiency induced IBS may have been masking any improvement. I was also dairy free for over a year with no improvement, yet, now I can tell you if there was dairy or egg in anything I eat b/c I'll be running for the bathroom without a doubt.

CheekyMonkey
07-17-12, 12:21 AM
If you still aren't feeling 100% you might think about taking digestive enzymes when you eat. That really helped me feel better. My doctor explained it that when you've been sick for so long, your intestines and such need to heal and are not working 100%. Digestive enzymes make their job easier and you feel less sick.

I also take probiotics and l-glutamine to promote healing.

tudorose
07-20-12, 09:21 AM

Try quinoa, wild rice and spelt bread

Drewbacca
07-20-12, 07:19 PM
Try quinoa, wild rice and spelt bread

Spelt is questionable, depending on the allergy/intolerance issue.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7571865