View Full Version : BBQ Pulled Pork for the LAZY

JamalJ
07-19-12, 08:58 AM
God, I can't get enough pulled pork. Its like one of the cheapest cut of meat you can buy (90cents a pound here) and tastes sooooooooooooooooo good.

I'm lazy so I just heat the oven to 300f and put the whole picnic roast inside of there on a deep dish that is covered in foil.

Let it stay for like 4 hours (or until it falls apart when you stick a fork in it).

Shread the pork with two forks and mix in your favorite BBQ sauce (taste great w/o BBQ too if your low carb).

Put on bread, rice, or just eat it out of a bowl. ITS ALL DELICIOUS.

you will also get an extra benefit of having your house smell sooooooooooooo good all day.

Lunacie
07-19-12, 09:16 AM
I usually put my roast in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours. So tender.

I only use Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce. What's your favorite?

add: sometimes with pork or chicken I'll add a jar of salsa while cooking, instead of bbq.

Makes great tacos and fajitas and burritos and enchiladas and ...

Joker_Girl
07-22-12, 04:51 PM
My favorite BBQ sauces are Cookies and KC Masterpiece.

Here is a recipe for Bourbon Mango Pulled Pork, that I found on allrecipes.com. It is a bit of work, and you have to go and get mangoes because i NEVER have mangoes just laying around.

It is a bit of work but SUPER yummy. When i made it, i added diced onions and a diced bell pepper, and put in a few big dollops of apricot jelly (fruits and pork go together well.) Oh MY STARS. Everyone who tried it LOVED it. We just pigged out on it, like 6 of us, and it was so good, and i still had the sauce from it in the slow cooker......it was so doggone good, that I actually dug through the freezer and found a small pork roast and a package of pork steaks, and I thawed them and did MORE. We had this on the 4th of July last year, I think it was, and then I made it again this spring.

Its a little complicated but I love to cook.

Bourbon Mango Pulled Pork

Ingredients

2 mangos
1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bourbon-mango-pulled-pork/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=mango%20pork&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page#)
1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 cups water
1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
2 teaspoons honey
1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger bourbon whiskey
2 (12 ounce) bottles barbeque sauce
Directions

Peel the mangos and remove the pits. Place the pits into a slow cooker, then roughly chop the mango and set aside. Place the pork shoulder into the slow cooker, and season with the black pepper, kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon chipotle powder; pour in the balsamic vinegar and water.
Cover, and cook on Low 5 to 8 hours until the meat is very tender. Once done, drain the pork, discarding the cooking liquid and mango pits, and shred with two forks.
While the pork is cooking, puree the chopped mango in a blender until smooth, then pour into a saucepan along with the honey, 1 teaspoon chipotle powder, and whiskey. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring frequently until the mango has reduced and darkened slightly, about 10 minutes. Stir in the barbeque sauce, and remove from the heat.
Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir in the mango barbeque sauce. Cover, and cook on High 1 to 2 hours until the pork absorbs the barbeque sauce.
(I didnt puree the mangoes, I just diced them up)

If you want a tasty side dish, have pork and beans and here is another really easy dish my family loves!

Take a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese. Cook the macaroni and drain it, then stir in butter and the cheese powder, but NO milk. Put it in a serving dish and stir in Miracle Whip and sugar. Then, dice up and onion, and peel and dice a cucumber and mix it in. This is my family's FAVORITE macaroni salad. My husband, daughter, and I actually prefer potato salad, but our son decided he didnt like potato salad when he was little. LOL.

Laserbeak
08-02-13, 04:52 PM
I love pulled pork too! I roast it in the oven on its lowest setting (170F on my oven) all day or overnight. For the crusty outside, I kind of improvise looking at different recipes and coming up with my own mix. The most important thing, though, is to thoroughly inject it with apple cider vinegar (maybe with some hot sauce mixed in) using a large syringe with a big long needle (for injecting elephants or something lol) or similar device made for cooking. It always comes out spectacular.