View Full Version : SSRI tolerability

hollywood
07-19-12, 02:04 PM
anything out there that is tolerable and will not kill adhd . I can't get a feel on this thing. If I'm not taking a ssri it seems like I focus but get issues switching to productive things here at work. Dont get me wrong I'm focused on working and being productive but I'm aware and it leads me here rather than developing software or forms of communication that could enable my productivity. I really just don't know anymore. I feel like I have alot of potential if I wouldn't think about whats wrong all the time. Its really bothering me. I take cymbalta and I think it helps my feelings of being at ease but I feel really tired and crave caffeine constantly, that can't be a good thing. I don't frigging know. Is it the fact that I'm on a tiny dose when I take these snri's or ssri's or do they just mess me up completely. I feel at ease at some points on them but then I hit the wall in the afternoon and nothing gets done at that point.... All of them celexa, prozac, lexapro, they all drained the crap out of me and snri's seemed to make me forget more ... Don't know.

hollywood
07-24-12, 12:27 AM
Go on , chime in!

FocusPocus10
08-06-12, 05:09 PM
I'm in the same boat as you man, dunno what to tell you. I know it takes some people up to 3 months to get used to SSRIs. I'm on zoloft 50mg and gonna give it the full 3 months this time even though its making me a little tired right now, it's also helping my mood.

hollywood
08-06-12, 06:35 PM
Something is not right . I find this more clear than ever now . Why else would taking a small dose of cymbalta at night help with sleep and turn my thoughts around the next day . It's really fatigue inducing though ! I cannot live like this ! It's by far the worst day every day?! My issue is if I do take cymbalta I need tons of caffeine , li get odd cravings for sugar and finishing tasks is so hard .

425runner
08-06-12, 06:37 PM
I'm experimenting with 5-HTP a natural SSRI, pre-cursor to serotonin. So far it makes me very mellow, like this morning I was mad as hell, traffic etc. frustrated and angry so I popped one 50mg 5-HTP and what do you know...about 15 min later calm as a cat.

Sometimes it makes me sleepy or lazy so I take 350 mg NALT and that solves it, gives me my energy back w/out the jitters or what not.

hollywood
08-06-12, 06:45 PM
Nalt? Well, not sure. I feel okay then blah. I do think it's depression

425runner
08-06-12, 06:49 PM
NALT = n-acetyl l-tyrosine. I suffer from depression too, spend the last 4 days in bed....sleeping too much and overeating. It gets real bad sometimes and I don't want to experiment with pharma drugs other then Wellbutrin XL 150 which lifts my mood.

I took the Braverman neurotrasmitter test http://www.healthilluminationproducts.com/page/neurotransmitters and it says I suffer from lack of dopamine and Ach which explains the learning difficulties and overall feeling blah....

hollywood
08-06-12, 08:13 PM
Oh yeah?? I agree about Wellbutrin , on it too . 150 here also . I guess some of my issues were sinus infection . Antibiotic again , feelin a little better . So have you always felt depressed ? Or is it work plus setting related ?