View Full Version : wellbutrin and memory

hollywood
07-20-12, 03:29 PM
well I took it again today. Every single frigging time I take this dumb med I cannot remember anything or recall what I wanted to do or needed to do. I guess I'll settle for depression. It helps with motivation but whats the point if your motivated but can remember nothing. Last day officially.

425runner
07-20-12, 09:01 PM
That makes two of us! I'm usually good in the morning but turn into a slug, unmotivated to do anything, in the afternoon so I end up taking the Wellbutrin. :scratch: I'm gonna try going w/out it and take l-tyrosine instead.

I also take Huperzine to help with memory but since Wellbutrin is anti-cholinergic and Huperzine promotes choline, my guess is they're cancelling each other out.

well I took it again today. Every single frigging time I take this dumb med I cannot remember anything or recall what I wanted to do or needed to do. I guess I'll settle for depression. It helps with motivation but whats the point if your motivated but can remember nothing. Last day officially.

purpleToes
07-20-12, 09:50 PM
How long after you started taking it, or after you reached your maintenance dose, did you notice having memory problems?

I only took Wellbutrin for about a month. If it hurt my memory, it was hard to tell - my memory was already pretty bad to begin with. Wellbutrin didn't do anything for motivation for me, but I liked how it made me feel - more psychologically flexible, perhaps a bit less anxious. I discontinued it because my stims had totally stopped working and I needed to figure out whether Wellbutrin was the reason. I think it had more to do with inadequate sleep. I will probably ask for Wellbutrin again as soon as I get to where stims are working consistently.

hollywood
07-21-12, 10:56 AM
Well I know my stimulants work , but wellbutrin buffers the peaks so you won't get as much DA peaks when your taking your stims when on wellbutrin. I don't really know , I guess wellbutrin probably helps depression issues with me because I have alot more motivation when taking it but it really does screw with my memory.