View Full Version : Get Crafty with Old Vases and Light Fixtures

Unmanagable
07-23-12, 01:36 AM
I'm way too often checking out unique and simplistic DIY crafty repurposing projects, and this one just got added to my list of s*** to try as soon as I get around to it :giggle: :
http://homesteadsurvival.blogspot.com/2012/07/crystal-mushrooms-made-from-cheap.html

You could make cool lamps out of them for indoors, too, by adding some of those battery operated LED lights.

Or you could really get jiggy with it and break out the power tools and make a "real" lamp. I haven't tried drilling glass. Glass and power tools together sound like an accident waiting to happen......especially around me. :lol:

spunkysmum
07-23-12, 02:07 AM
Cool!

Cranski
08-02-12, 07:00 PM
I'm way too often checking out unique and simplistic DIY crafty repurposing projects, and this one just got added to my list of s*** to try as soon as I get around to it :giggle: :
http://homesteadsurvival.blogspot.com/2012/07/crystal-mushrooms-made-from-cheap.html

You could make cool lamps out of them for indoors, too, by adding some of those battery operated LED lights.

Or you could really get jiggy with it and break out the power tools and make a "real" lamp. I haven't tried drilling glass. Glass and power tools together sound like an accident waiting to happen......especially around me. :lol:

I seriously thought this was going to be something about bedazzling...

You can actually just get a glass cutter pretty cheap from craft stores. Or if you do get crazy and want to drill it isn't too hard. Good glasses, gloves, and diamond tip bits will drill several holes without causing cracking in the glass. You're big chain hardware has classes on these things during the summer especially for usually free or very very cheap. If not, I'm sure there is a dummies guide on it.

P.S. while your at it, glass blowing is very fun, and surprisingly not hard to learn. Took a few classes on it and made some nice items. Cost a whole $25 for 10 classes.