View Full Version : I failed college & med withdrawal

dcdennis
07-24-12, 08:02 PM
i failed 2 classes already even though i tried my best... i think i might fail a 3rd class.... im so screwed!! i dont know what to do...

HOW I ENDED UP FAILING
The week of Jul 2-July 7 my doctor wrote my medication wrong and he wasn’t there in his office that much.

I went through withdrawal for a week after being on it for a year

The pharmacy I went to was disrespectful and they completely ignored me even though the pharmacy wasn’t even busy. the pharmacist literally looked the other way when I asked him if he could call my doctor and tell him specifically what to write on the script…. most of the staff was just standing around doing nothing just like the pharmacist....

If your wondering what the doctor wrote... well he wrote this is it - dexadrine 15mg tab- well first of all the name is written wrong and it doesn’t come in that strength(only in Spansule form)

So he wrote it right on Monday Jul 9 so I walked 2.5 mile to a farther pharmacy since my local one was so rude and 2.5 miles back home … also the withdrawal left me dehydrated and also it made me realize I wasn’t drinking enough water while I was on it… so when I got home I got heat exhaustion… I live in So Cal.. and the weather here is HOT!!!
I missed my midterm the day I got heat exhaustion… which made me even more tired and it lasted about a week
Then I had to get use to my adhd medicine again! it gave me terrible stomach cramps and diarrhea. (Which was normal for me when I barely started it last year but it only lasted 3 weeks) … all this was too much to handle in my summer semester ….

Oh it gets better!!! well a family member started doing meth and he thought our house was full of bugs so he fumigated the house!!! He did not let me sleep… he always kept leaving somewhere during the night and doors would be slammed the tv would be on loud etc…..

My goodness my life is such a train wreck at only 18yrs old…. I feel like trash sometimes…. so much more has happened in the past like this but worse... but it affected my HS grades last time... this time it's college grades!!!

I MISSED MY COMMON FINAL ON MONDAY.... and got and email from my teacher today that I CANNOT PASS THE COURSE....

CheekyMonkey
07-24-12, 08:26 PM
:(

Take a breath. Take a break. Then re-evaluate.

Sometimes the damage is done and you just have to move on the best you can. Is there a special accommodations department at your school? They might be able to help you work through this mess. So sorry this happened to you. :(

dcdennis
07-24-12, 08:53 PM
i don't have a psychologist to write me a paper about my adhd... and my school needs one in order to have accommodation.... and the college psychologist isn't there during the summer.. and i cant afford a psych nor does my insurance cover one.....

i think i will take a breath... in fact I'll take out my angers and anxieties out in the gym today

CheekyMonkey
07-24-12, 08:55 PM
i don't have a psychologist to write me a paper about my adhd... and my school needs one in order to have accommodation.... and the college psychologist isn't there during the summer.. and i cant afford a psych nor does my insurance cover one.....

i think i will take a breath... in fact I'll take out my angers and anxieties out in the gym today

I messed up some of my courses pretty bad because of my undiagnosed ADHD. I know it sucks, but it gets better and one semester does not foretell your future!

Who did you get diagnosed from?

dcdennis
07-24-12, 09:11 PM
i got diagnosed from my primary doctor... so he referred me to a psych to be fully diagnosed by the psych... but my insurance denied the psych.... the doctor saw my troubled in need of help facial expression... and he gave me the dexedrine script.. i have been going to him since i was a child...

i hope you're right about the semester getting better... how long did you go undiagnosed?

CheekyMonkey
07-24-12, 09:16 PM
i got diagnosed from my primary doctor... so he referred me to a psych to be fully diagnosed by the psych... but my insurance denied the psych.... the doctor saw my troubled in need of help facial expression... and he gave me the dexedrine script.. i have been going to him since i was a child...

i hope you're right about the semester getting better... how long did you go undiagnosed?

27 years. :lol:

Have your primary doctor write your letter for you. Couldn't hurt to ask!

Ranmaru
08-06-12, 04:47 AM
I know how you feel. I also failed college my first year. You are going to have to re-start. This time, no screwing around. Serious time starts now. And look, I'm still not failing or moving from college to college.

Try to stick with it. And of course, look at why you failed.

I failed because of:

1. Videogames
2. Skipping class to hang with friends and
3. Play Videogames

HHMMMMMMMMMMM.

Well. I am sorry, I skimmed your post. I just saw your big letters and was interested and just started writing. I see you were doing fine but lost at the crutch moment. I'm sorry. ;-;

sarahsweets
08-06-12, 06:43 AM
as far as your local pharmacy goes, tell them to f**k off and use the other one. You deserve to be treated well and with as much respect as anyone.

Drewbacca
08-07-12, 07:48 PM
I failed because of:

1. Videogames
2. Skipping class to hang with friends and
3. Play Videogames

Believe it or not, that's the typical reason why anyone fails college and has little if anything to do with ADHD.
I apply myself and still can't manage to make progress... so try not to come of as judgmental.

Arei
08-10-12, 02:20 AM
I don't see why your school can't take the note of ANY medical doctor prescribing the medication for you, GPs notes should fly for this stuff, you don't have to see a psych md for ADHD. Ask him to write you that note and take it to your school.

Also the pharmacist at the first place was probably being a jerk because you asked him to call the doctor and re-write the script, and honestly they will laugh at that. The only thing you can ever modify on a C-II is the QTY (with doctor approval), if the doctor wrote anything else wrong he has to re-write the script and you have to go get it and take it back to the pharmacy. But I'm not saying this excuses their wrong behavior, they should not have treated you like dirt and they DEFINITELY should've explained this to you. It's inconvenient but there is nothing that can be done about that, blame all the dope heads and druggies.

I dropped 2 of the 4 classes I did when I was in college for a semester, one I was going to fail miserably (well it may have to do with the fact we only had 4 tests and 4 assignments the entire semester and I failed 2 tests >_> great way to judge my skills)) and the other I kept skipping because I was dumb and picked the timeslot that interfered with other things. But I had a lot of personal issues going on at the time, and it proved that it wasn't time for me to attempt college. It still isn't, 2 years later.

You sound like there may be something going on in your home life.. Maybe that is getting you down more then the ADHD.