View Full Version : Sex Fatigue and ADHD

asdfdoc
07-28-12, 02:13 PM
Hi 27 male.

I was recently diagnosed with ADHD. I know this is uncommon. I get super easily tired after sex. I'd rather climb mountains or work out for 2-3 hours straight then feel what I have to feel after 10 minute sex. This effect also happens even if I am not the one rigorously moving. Orgasm is great but the after effect of sex kills me. For me since I was in middle school, sex has been the most tiring exercise in any circumstances. If I pulled an all nighter, the next day fatigue would still be better than having sex. If I have sex in the morning, I cannot function or focus all day, I become a zombie.

I found a wonder drug, adderall. It does wonders, it completely gets rid of my fatigue after sex. However, the day after sex on adderall after I go to sleep for 7-8 hours, I wake up with this really bad migraine. This doesn't go away usually until the next day. It ONLY goes away if I re-dose myself with adderall in the morning. This is so annoying and has become a big problem. I don't have this problem with adderall when I don't have sex.

Does anyone else feel this? This sex fatigue has been haunting me for about 10 years and I thought I finally found a solution, but the side effect of medication is way too big for me to handle. People tell me to have less sex! NO, I refuse to have less sex.... hahaha :cool:

sarahsweets
07-28-12, 04:28 PM
Are you sure its truly not a male thing. A lot of men want to sleep forever after sex.

jiffyPOP
07-28-12, 05:08 PM
Hi 27 male.

I was recently diagnosed with ADHD. I know this is uncommon. I get super easily tired after sex. I'd rather climb mountains or work out for 2-3 hours straight then feel what I have to feel after 10 minute sex. This effect also happens even if I am not the one rigorously moving. Orgasm is great but the after effect of sex kills me. For me since I was in middle school, sex has been the most tiring exercise in any circumstances. If I pulled an all nighter, the next day fatigue would still be better than having sex. If I have sex in the morning, I cannot function or focus all day, I become a zombie.

I found a wonder drug, adderall. It does wonders, it completely gets rid of my fatigue after sex. However, the day after sex on adderall after I go to sleep for 7-8 hours, I wake up with this really bad migraine. This doesn't go away usually until the next day. It ONLY goes away if I re-dose myself with adderall in the morning. This is so annoying and has become a big problem. I don't have this problem with adderall when I don't have sex.

Does anyone else feel this? This sex fatigue has been haunting me for about 10 years and I thought I finally found a solution, but the side effect of medication is way too big for me to handle. People tell me to have less sex! NO, I refuse to have less sex.... hahaha :cool:

You should research male orgasm hangover. Google this exact term "Men: Does Frequent Ejaculation Cause A Hangover?" and read either the psychology today article or the Reuniting website. This is more common than you would think. As for the Adderall and migraines, I am not surprised this happens but have no advice to give. the brain is a complex organ and chemically know to drastically change after orgasm for a 7 day period (or longer).

Good luck

avjgirsijdhtjhs
07-28-12, 09:52 PM
stuff (http://www.entelechyjournal.com/pulling_away_after_sex1.htm)

Surprisingly, after orgasm from sexual intercourse, the increase in blood prolactin levels is 400 per cent higher in both sexes compared with after orgasm from masturbation (http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg18925405.900-sex-with-a-partner-is-400-better.html)

The amount of prolactin can be an indicator for the amount of sexual satisfaction and relaxation. (https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&gs_mss=%22The%20amount%20of%20prolactin%20can%20be %20an%20indicator%20for%20the%20amount%20of%20sexu al%20satisfaction%20and%20relaxation.&tok=qZHMMdm3P6AedhsRQtTaFQ&cp=99&gs_id=r&xhr=t&q=%22The%20amount%20of%20prolactin%20can%20be%20an %20indicator%20for%20the%20amount%20of%20sexual%20 satisfaction%20and%20relaxation.%22&pf=p&safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&oq=%22The+amount+of+prolactin+can+be+an+indicator+ for+the+amount+of+sexual+satisfaction+and+relaxati on.%22&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=8f43c5bd048b596f&biw=995&bih=1180)

No clue on the migraine stuff.

purpleToes
07-29-12, 07:26 AM
Hi 27 male.

I saw a program on TV about something like this...the man had it worse I think and felt like he had the flu for a few days after ejaculation. It was called POIS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postorgasmic_illness_syndrome

Seems like researchers are working on an autoimmune theory and a neuroendocrine theory.

purpleToes
07-29-12, 08:04 AM
I was going to tell you which episode of what series it was, but that example was pretty extreme and I think you'll get a more balanced introduction just researching POIS. I'm not supposed to link to other forums here, but I saw a couple of support forums that looked like they had a lot of currently active discussions. You should be able to find them easily. One was at The Naked Scientists and the other was at POISCenter.com.

Hope this helps.

Rebelyell
07-29-12, 10:13 PM
Hey better some sex then no sex.

TheChemicals
07-31-12, 04:38 PM
Are you sure its truly not a male thing. A lot of men want to sleep forever after sex.

not me