View Full Version : Synaptol...Is this a good medication to help ADD/ADHD?

roxygirl
07-30-12, 06:47 PM
I am wondering if anyone's has tired Synaptol before? It's a natural ADD/ADHD medicine. My bf's mom gave it to my bf to try and he has touched it since she gave it to him. So, I just started yesterday to see if it would help at all...

Well, I feel a bit calmer and able to focus a bit more. Though the only things I am not to sure about is the way it makes my head feel. I feel like I am a bit light headed. So, I am not sure if I should give it a few more days and see if it goes away.

If anyone has tired this before what did you think of it?

425runner
07-31-12, 11:20 AM
It's a homeopathic remedy and I don't believe in those...but if you do then it may work.
I quit stims today and just taking l-tyrosine plus Wellbutrin XL 150. They stopped working for me and I felt more side effects then benefits hence my decision to get off.
Keep us posted if the Synaptol works for you!

sarahsweets
07-31-12, 12:25 PM
natural remedies have some antecdotal evidence ut on the whole stimulants are considered a first line treatment.

roxygirl
08-01-12, 01:46 PM
I am not to big on the natural remedies also...But it happened to be sitting in the medicine cabinet at home never opend and thought I would give it a shot. So far it has worked alright. I am not really liking the way it is making my head feel. What I have noticed that it has been making me feel a bit calmer then I was 3 days ago. I just not sure if it should be continued since it's helping in curtain areas but kinda bothering my head.

425runner
08-01-12, 09:13 PM
I'd get off prescription stimulants and take the Synaptol itself for a few days, only then you'll be able to evaluate if it's working or not. For all we know it might be interacting with your meds and making you worse!

roxygirl
08-02-12, 01:33 PM
I am not taking any other medications at the moment. It's just the Synaptol that I am taking because I wanted to see if it would help before I went into see someone.