View Full Version : How many tattoos do you have?

BettyBoop
12-02-04, 12:17 PM
I just wanted to see how many people get tattoos.

kittyinjammies
12-02-04, 12:18 PM
I have three, with my eye on a fourth.

BettyBoop
12-02-04, 12:21 PM
You didn't vote Kitty?? :)

BettyBoop
12-02-04, 12:25 PM
By the way, I have 4. I have a Betty Boop angel on one shoulder blade, a Betty Boop devil on the other shoulder blade...those represent my "sides". I have a butterfly that represents motherhood on my lower back which has three little flowers representing my children underneath it. And I also have my husband's name in Chinese lettering on my ankle. He has me on his arm in Chinese also. We did it that way so that if anything ever happened we can make something up as far as what the Chinese means. Tee hee!!!

minn306
12-02-04, 12:49 PM
I have been thinking of getting a tatoo for a long time. Just can not think of what I want. Something small but "meaningful"

Any suggestions????

BettyBoop
12-02-04, 01:00 PM
I would always get something meaningful for sure. That way you don't have some stupid shark for no reason like my older brother. tee hee...if you get something make sure you think about it. It's not good to be impulsive when you are getting tattooed. :) Just whatever means something to you something that represents that.

clawless
12-02-04, 01:08 PM
I have quite a few friends male and female who have some fantastic tattoos, but i'm much to chicken to have one done myself, the thought of someone spending so long jabbing me with a needel :eek:

BettyBoop
12-02-04, 01:14 PM
It hurts at first, but after a while it just gets numb really. I loved it, and I am a wuss. I hate pain. Can't stand it. That's not that bad though because you ask for it so it's more tollerable. If that makes sense. Afterwards when it is healing it just feels like a sunburn. My brother in law does them. He did 3 of my four and they are beautiful!!!

minn306
12-02-04, 01:19 PM
I have quite a few friends male and female who have some fantastic tattoos, but i'm much to chicken to have one done myself, the thought of someone spending so long jabbing me with a needel :eek:
I think it is pretty funny that I can go through child-birth 3 times but am scaird to death of a needle to get a tatoo!!!

Can I ask for an Epidural first???

BettyBoop
12-02-04, 01:23 PM
lol...that would be nice. Maybe a novocaine shot or something. It's just a different pain. It does hurt though. Also it depends on where you get it as to how bad it hurts. Another thing is, I am sure you have heard people say that they are addictive. THEY ARE!! It is very hard to stop with just one. I got my last three within two months. I would get more if my bro in law hadn't moved to Boston. :(

Ian
12-02-04, 01:36 PM
I have just the one. I have some beautiful 8" x 10" black and white photographs of it when it was newish.

I've recently thought to have it redone. It's small and simple but was part of a repeating dream I had for many years. Once I got the thing done the dream stopped repeating. I'm a duck am I not? heh

My 15 year old wants to get a little gecko on her lower back / higher rump. I'm tempted to take her and I'm sure my wife has no such compunction! lol

I remember the pain like a huge irritation rather than a pain.
Cheers! Ian.

f_wcomboadhd
12-02-04, 02:04 PM
counting the tattoo that's not on my breast....
a big fat 0
my husband has a few and they look pretty sexy...he is a punk rocker with a massive vinyl collection that hasn't seen the light of day in a few years...so in otherwords- he looks like a straightlaced angel of a man until he gets undressed. (isn't that always the way it is???)

BettyBoop
12-02-04, 03:04 PM
My husband doesn't look like an angel at all. He has four also, but they all mean something too. He has a viking for his scandinavian background, a scorpion for his scorpio sign, and then my name in Chinese and a chinese dragon underneath that one. Can you all tell that I LOVE TATTOOS???? I will let my kids get one that has meaning and they can live with as soon as I feel like they are mature enough to make that decision and the law allows it.

gabriela
12-02-04, 05:12 PM
i just have one tattoo - it's a guitar, and it's on my right upper arm.
i want to get another one, but i realise that it's probably not a very good idea to spend money on a tattoo as long as i just barely have the money to buy food...
:(

FtLaudWolf
12-02-04, 06:38 PM
This poll just goes to prove my theory that you can have one tattoo... but nobody ever has two tattoos. For very long.

I've got three (for now).

Ian
12-02-04, 07:18 PM
Yup I got mine when I was 18 and I've wanted another one ever since! Good to see you FtLaudWolf.
Cheers! Ian.

pembroke
12-02-04, 07:31 PM
in my early twenties i toyed with the idea of getting one, and then, thinking about what i wanted took so long, i no longer wanted one.
what happens if you get a tattoo and no longer like it? or, it's somewhere where they have to do surgery and cut through it? or, it's somewhere and it "migrates" south? too many uncertainties, so i finally chose not to get one, and since so many people are getting them now-a-days, it is no longer a unique thing....

EchoHD
12-02-04, 10:03 PM
I have 2 tats, but thats because I havent had any money to get any more. I couldnt decide what I wanted. Didnt want the rose/butterfly/heart/cross thingy, so I got one of barb wire entwined with leaves, and also have my kids initials with lil star trails behind them. And for anyone that hasnt been initiated in getting a tat...one big DONT. NEVER get a tat on the underside of your breast for your first one. The barb wire starts under my breast and curves around to the top. And the underside HURT... but the rest didnt and the other one didnt either. Just a little owwwy sorta. Any place with little tissue between the skin and bone will be painful. rofl...in my case thats not too much of a problem. My OM has 5. Wolves, and eagles mostly. Biker and all that ya know. Not sure what my next one will be, but there will be another and another. It is so very addictive once you get started.

gingagirl
12-03-04, 12:35 AM
No tattoos ...heck, I don't even have my ears pierced!

Deeperblue
12-03-04, 02:02 AM
well, not me, but my daughter has. Does that count? :rolleyes: She came home one day (when she was 18) with * surprise* one wrapped around her ankle. I smiled. :cool:
I really wanted one...still do. But um chicken.

charlie
12-03-04, 09:57 AM
My daughter has tried for years to talk me into a tattoo for her. Doesn't really matter how old someone is when the kids want them bad enough they find someone to make it happen. So it's all boiled down to 'what pic' do I want on my body forever.

First she wanted a frog on her hip...I'm saying come on do I want to see a frog on my granddaughter's birth video? Just imagined everyone looking at birthing pics 10 years down the road...

So that argument worked for awhile. Now for the last year she's wanted an Angel on her shoulder, meaningful for her since she rolled her truck 5 times and except for a bum knee she pretty much walked away.
Just trying to get her own money to pay for it and find just THE perfect drawing then I'm sure it will happen.

My family being a little on the wild side (how many of you grew up knowing what a revenuer was?) always looked at tattoos as identifying marks {eeks too much info:)}.

But guess I never got over that thought enough to want one. Would be nice to have tattooed makeup -- a few women at work have eyes and lips, looks great.

Deeperblue
12-03-04, 12:28 PM
how 'bout permanent eyelashes and eyeliner.....I could go for that. and while I'm at it ummmmmmm :eek:

BettyBoop
12-03-04, 12:39 PM
My aunt has lipstick and eyeliner. I do agree that would make the morning simpler not having to worry about it, or run out of something, because it's always there. I personally wouldn't do the tattooed makeup. I don't wear enough of it to do that. I think that it does look great though if the right artist does it. Now for the eyelashes, I would do that.

FtLaudWolf
12-03-04, 12:47 PM
Yup I got mine when I was 18 and I've wanted another one ever since! Good to see you FtLaudWolf.
Cheers! Ian.

Ian, that's what...twenty-seven years ago? Don't you think it's time? What, can't find a decent tattoo artist up there on the prairie?

What about a nice clock, a la Salvador Dali...

broK
12-03-04, 04:23 PM
FtLaudWolf-glad to see you back!!
got 4 & casting a longing look at #5...got 1st one when i was 1 year sober. since then at major points in my life (dads funeral, 10 year weddinng anna, holiday off the contenent) no surprise 2 are wolfs (wolves?)
next, a bear?

Dreameralive_sky
12-03-04, 06:06 PM
I don't have any tattoo. It kinda troublesome to me because once I got it, I will have to stick with it forever my whole life. Unless there is somewhere I can take the trouble to remove it.. The temporary tattoo seems fun enough heh heh.

88ssp
12-04-04, 12:30 AM
I have 5 (only one was impulsive). My animal spirit is the wolf so I have a wolf howling at the moon on my Right upper arm (first one), chinese symbol for Wolf on that shoulder, a Celtic armband, a spider looking design on that shoulder (tribal design) and the impulsive one was the boxing cartoon bear on my forearm.

I am also a Ford Mustang freak, so I am trying to figure a way to honor the car somehow.

queenbjan
12-04-04, 12:44 AM
I must confess I didn't get mine because I wanted to have a tatoo. I might be among the first tattooed ladies of my generation.

When I was in the first grade (1951-52) the health department gave blood type tests to the students and tatooed each child's blood type on their side. I happened to be out of school on the appointed day for whatever reason, but I remember getting mine done on a make-up day right after my brother who was three years older than me. It is on my left side and looks like O+ only they are connected together.

fasttalkingmom
12-04-04, 09:12 AM
I have one I got to mark my 40th b-day :D

fasttalkingmom
12-04-04, 09:19 AM
I remember the pain like a huge irritation rather than a pain.

Exactly !

I remember thinking I wish she'd stop that..... then she would and start again

Ian
12-04-04, 02:12 PM
I got mine done first in a grungy joint next to a horse meat store on the fringes of the Vancouver lower East side on Hastings. It was a very rough old establishment with quite a history. It was a bright early summer morning and all was like the dream.

I did not take into account my fear of needles. :rolleyes: I got through the outline and the guy asked if I wanted to take a break. I thought that was a great idea. :eek: The rest of it was like the worst mosquito bite I'd every experienced.

Now I'm going to have to have another one and this one redone besides. :D It's funny how suggestion works. I've been keeping this on a back burner for countless years until this thread and now it's quickly becoming a priority. Joy! I shouldn't spin this by the wife first should I? heehehh
Cheers! Ian.

paulbf
12-04-04, 05:12 PM
Never was an appealing idea to me. Reading though, I can see the idea if it had some meaning.

What if I got a cigarette on my arm (the location where junkies shoot up) as motivation to quit smoking? Maybe would provide enough shame to force me into it & something to be proud of if it worked kicking a 30 year habit.

Ian
12-05-04, 02:34 AM
Naw.. maybe after you've quit for ten years or so maybe. Living with the image of that mainline smoke every time I went to light up would be enough to make me buy long sleeve shirts forever!

Bettween Tom Waits, Ferron and John Prine we should be able to come up with something appropriate.. hmmm But an image is actually more difficult at least for me. I'll have to give that some thought.

Getting free of tobacco is not an easy gig. I had quite dramatic withdrawl. Big sweats, very scary dreams, shakes and a very very bad craving that would come wafting into my body like waves of very intense heat. It was ugly but I was told that seven days and the physical thing would be over and that helped to know there would be an end.

I had those wicked cravings for years after though. I'd go months without one then in one of those times would come and I'd just be whacked with craving. For me it was usually when beer was tasting particularly good.
Good luck with it paulbf. It's great once you are through to the other side but it's a biach getting there.

I keep thinking if I try and keep your expectations on the floor... down really really low you might have a better chance.

Now I'm off to scout a new tattoo!
Cheers!

gypsysway
12-05-04, 09:01 AM
I use to draw alot of crosses in church growing up,(could get by with that) and always had a way with doodleing I'd just let my hand draw a line, and another start shading and designs just evolved so at 30 I had a drawing of mine put on my lower back. It's my favorite cross design and my designs coming up small from the crack of my butt erupting into a 5 inch cross. then I put one of the same charture centered around the star of David with a ying/yang in the middle. it's an arm band around my right bicept. I currently have a design, I'll get next I'm 39 now Will call it my 40th B-day gift. The design just struck me in the head one day. After 2 yrs of thought on something that went with others to go on the back of my neck between sholders like. about 2 & 1/2" it's the 2 guardian angles my mom said I must have been born with or I'd be dead by now. they are profile facing eachother, flowing hair, and dress, praying hands, pretty wings that just touch the curvy line at the top and bottom. So the whole design is done like the roman nemeral 2. The Gemimis sign of the twins. I am a double gemini and my son is a gemini also and the curvy lines at the top and bottom put together, by their selves they make the sign for aquarius. Which is my daughters. I inadvertently did that. She pointed it out to me.

paulbf
12-06-04, 01:35 AM
I don't even get withdrawals though.

FtLaudWolf
12-06-04, 11:21 AM
I'm still on the hunt for my fourth tattoo. I want something that will go up my arm "beneath" my right armband (Celtic zoomorphic dogs) and I was thinking about a dragon, but I want it Celtic stylized like the dogs and the knotwork sun on my back. Therefore I'm stuck trying to figure it out.

Plus the money thing...

Cheers

emwell
12-06-04, 06:38 PM
I would get more if my bro in law hadn't moved to Boston. <!-- / message --><!-- sig --> Hey tattoos are legal in MA now. I'd let him do me.;)

I voted that I had two, but I kind of have three. My first tattoo was covered up by my second. Two years later I got another.

My Mom once told me to never get a tattoo. I had to tell her "too late". The best part is that Years later I brought my Mom to get her first tattoo.:D I warned her that they were addictive. We still talk about going back for more.

I have a wizard on my arm and a unicorn that I helped design on the back of my shoulder. I love the idea of writing your husband's name in chinese. I will have to research and find out what Jack would be in chinese.

BettyBoop
12-07-04, 03:03 PM
hey emwell!! I am not sure if they are legal there or not. I just know that he is VERY good. If you seriously ever need me too I can try and hook you up with him so that you guys can get them done. I would send you pics of mine but I have no way to do that so....anyway I looked up Jack in Chinese for you. Here is the link.http://chineseculture.about.com/library/name/male/blna_jack.htm
If you just copy and paste it will take you there. Also at the top of the page you can click on Chinese Names and it will take you back to where you can look up almost ANY male or female name. I will PM the link to you too in case you don't get back here to look at it.

FtLaudWolf
12-07-04, 07:20 PM
I want a fantastic tattoo artist to fall in love with me and let me be his or her canvas. Well, I get veto on some things.

That's one of my dreams.

emwell
12-08-04, 12:27 AM
Yes BettyBoop, tattoos are now legal in MA. It became legal in the last few years. They left it up to local health departments to regulate the trade.

Thanks so much for the link. I plan to look up my dad's name for my Mom. She is not sure what she wants for her next one. I figure I will help give her some ideas.

This thread is so making me want another one bad. Luckily I am so broke that I will have no choice but to wait. Although when my Mom got hers, she insisted I get one as well. Her treat. I declined because they were so expensive.

My Mom insists on going back to the same people who did both of mine and hers. But that was when they were illegal in MA. I really don't feel like driving all the way to the NH coast when I can find a decent place closer.

BettyBoop
12-08-04, 10:38 AM
I want another one bad. I was hoping that Joe, my bro in law, was going to come home for Christmas this year but he's having knee surgery so he can't. :(
Oh well, I have been thinking of what I will want when he does get back here. It will be hard to pay for one since he has spoiled me and my husband so bad. It's nice for him to want to practice on you. LOVE IT!
He is really good, but he doesn't have a shop set up or anything yet. He's still working on that. Talking about this makes me want another one really bad too. I haven't been able to give blood in YEARS because of it.
Hope you find what you need.
Take care,
Kara

...Daria
12-22-04, 03:58 AM
I have been thinking of getting a tatoo for a long time. Just can not think of what I want. Something small but "meaningful"

Any suggestions????
Ok.. minn took my words.. she read my mindddd...lol
only "meaningful & describing me"...:cool:

Ian
12-22-04, 01:02 PM
It's getting carried away! ehhe I must have looked at ten thousand flash on the web.

I've got a concept roaring around my brain about the inside out. This is one that caught my attention.

I wonder what my wife would say.. eheh

rottndobelover
12-24-04, 08:21 PM
I have 10, but was also lucky enough to have an Uncle who is a Tattoo artist. Less money to spend = more color for my body. :D

secondprize
12-24-04, 08:51 PM
I got 6. I always think I'm done, then something means something to me and I feel like I need to get it.

Nova
12-24-04, 09:42 PM
I feel the same EXACT way. In fact, the artist who does them stated to me that he can figure out my life 'milemarkers' because that's when I come in to get one.
I don't have much room to put them somewhere that I can still see them, though, and still be able to hide them, which is what I need to do.
Nova (who can think of at least three more she would like)

Ian
12-24-04, 11:05 PM
You guys are so confident. I'm not that cavalier about things that are forever. I still really love my one and now thirty years later I'm thinking about a second. I'm a dinasour what can I say!

I have always taken my 15 year old daughter with me when I've gone to check out places. She's really wanting one too. I like the pondering and the permanence. It takes all our kinds to make it interesting though.

Nobody is telling or showing theirs. I'm going to post a pic of my old timer but not tonight. I want more chocolate!!
Cheers! Ian.

secondprize
12-25-04, 10:36 AM
I generally do it this way: I experience something or read or hear something (I'm quite fond of lettering tattoos, 4 out of my 6 are) that touches me so deeply and I think of getting that tattooed. If I still have the same feeling about it a year or two later, I draw it out and eventually get it done. The "images" I'm carrying around with me in my head, that I've had for about a year, are "a prayer for the wild at heart kept in cages" and what's in my signature. On a script roll, preferrably on my shin. or my foot.

Nova
12-25-04, 01:05 PM
Sorry, didn't realize I didn't tell what mine were-LOL ! I have five, three cartoon characters, one spiritual design, and a gator that says 'Sans Pe' (No Fear in Creole).
I got the first one at age 30, #2 at age 34, #3 at age 37, #4 at age 40.
Nova

speedmania
12-25-04, 11:52 PM
2 tatoos 1 on rt sholder one on lft.
http://groups.msn.com/THERODRIGUEZTWINS/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=51

Ian
12-26-04, 02:24 AM
secondprize, waiting a year or two is hardly cavalier. That sounds like a very sober plan. I can see what appeals with the scripts.

Nova thanks for the descriptions.

speedmania you didn't offer much a description or explanation. It's looks good regardless. Thanks for the image.
Cheers! Ian

Nova
12-26-04, 07:47 PM
"a prayer for the wild at heart kept in cages"

AMEN to that !!!

speedmania
12-26-04, 08:07 PM
2 tatoos 1 on rt sholder one on lft.
http://groups.msn.com/THERODRIGUEZTWINS/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=51
Sorry 'bout that. The writing says Kwongsai Province Bamboo Forest Temple Praying Mantis Family. That's our symbol. I'm going to have the letters re touched and the bamboo re-done.

The other tatoo is a vampire skull with fire inside. It's cheesy so I don't like to show it, that's getting covered.

secondprize
12-27-04, 02:32 PM
Thanks Nova!

Here's another one of mine.

whiteraven
12-27-04, 05:39 PM
An idea for young peple who want tatoos is to try a really good removeable one in the size they want and to apply it in the place they want. Just to get a feel for it, check it out.
A friend's daughters wanted a tatoo of a large rose visible at her cleavage. She tried the removable one and the reactions she got to it so unnerved her that the tatoo she eventually did get was much smaller and much more discreet!

secondprize
12-27-04, 07:06 PM
I get reactions for my 8ga lip ring all the time, so I reckon some people actually want the reactions. Me not included. The tattoos I want aren't anywhere to find as "removable" ones, I think if they were (like roses, tribals, hearts, etc.) I wouldn't want them anymore. They would lose their appeal because a rose wouldn't mean anything to me.

moonlily
01-02-05, 12:47 PM
I have none, but I do have 7 piercings. My ADD brother, however has over 25 tatoos, he started and doesnt seem to be able to stop! Strange

whiteraven
01-03-05, 11:47 AM
I meant just to use the removeable one to make sure that you really want a tattoo of that particular size on that particular body part. If it seems fine, then go for it.

The girl who tried the removeable rose tattoo at her cleavage found that way too many people looked at the tattoo (and her cleavage) instead of her, which she found fairly disconcerting.

So she did get eventually get a tattoo, but smaller and more invisibly placed.

E-boy
01-03-05, 12:30 PM
Fifteen years and counting as a sailor in the USN and still no tattoos.... I get told often that "there is something fundamentally wrong with that". LOL! My buddies used to try and get me drunk so they could run me down to the old tattoo parlor, but I think I must have a paradoxal reaction to booze because they never could get me "THAT DRUNK".

I am now considering getting one tattoo, but it's gonna have to be awful special to make the grade.

Ian
01-03-05, 03:42 PM
My was a result of having a very strong dream when I was very young. I had to wait until I was 18 to get it and have been happy to have it ever since.

Just now I'm considering another one but it's not fully baked in my minds eye just yet.
Cheers! Ian

Digitl
01-15-05, 01:20 AM
I have 4 tattoos. 1 dolphin mommy with her baby and a bird both on my shoulder blades.
And i have a dragon on one ankle and on the other ankle i have a tree with fairies around it, i draw that one .

Digitl

free2bme
01-15-05, 01:32 AM
well, depending on how you look at it......i have 2...or 6.

on the right side of my chest i have a rose, which i got as a result of a drunken weekend in ft. lauderdale.

around my left ankle however, i have 5 chinese symbols which mean a GREAT deal to me. they stand for destiny, devotion, wisdom, truth, and peace. i got them while i was waiting to go to china and meet my adopted daughter for the very first time. they represent my hopes for all my children, really.

and just in case you're wondering, i did check with the chinese to make sure they meant what the tatoo parlor claimed!!!!!!!! ;)

BettyBoop
04-18-06, 02:57 PM
Update on that one too. I now have seven tattoos instead of four!

dormammau2008
04-18-06, 03:51 PM
IAM THINKING ABOUT HAVEING A TTAO JUST HAVE NOT DESIED WHAT ONES TO HAVE?????HEY BETTY BOO WHAT KIND ONES DO YOU HAVE L.)))DORM

BettyBoop
04-18-06, 04:06 PM
I have a Betty Boop devil on my left shoulder blade and the Betty Boop angel on my right, a Butterfly with three flower on my lower back that reps me and my 3 kids, some chinese on my right ankle, a pretty heart with DAD in cursive on the left ankle, he died in 1999 so that one is really special, and then a pink lizard on top of my right foot and a green lizard on top of my left foot.

dormammau2008
04-18-06, 04:10 PM
JUST A FEW THEN LOL BETTYBOO LOL THEY SOUND NICE BE GOOD AS SOME PICS ON YOUR PORFUILLE LOL.....SOY TO HEAR THE LOSS OFVE YOUR DAD THERE SOUND SOME NICE TOOTAOS IAM THINKING OFVE GETING SOME BUT COS I REAQCT so badly to coulesrs ie E NUMBERS SO IAM JUST NOT SHORE YET LOL L.) DORM

Apollo
04-18-06, 04:13 PM
I'm going to get one eventually... not sure what kind but it'll probably be classic looking.

i.e. - swallows, blue sapphire...

runinl8
04-18-06, 04:37 PM
On my right ankle I have Theatre masks - 1 sad and 1 happy. They're actually very cool.:D

chloe516
04-18-06, 04:41 PM
I have an Irish Claddaugh on my lower back, the crown and the arms are the Celtic Triquetra knots. With my Irish heritage, I knew it would be something I would always love. It's a little lower than I thought it would be (guy did it an inch above my tan line...)

I LOVE my tattoo. :D I was so scared to get it, afraid of needles and of getting something I wouldn't like for the rest of my life. I say to people that if feels like somebody rubbing sandpaper on your skin really hard. Then the healing is like a sunburn.

I thought for soooo long before choosing it, and I'm glad I did. I on my lower back, I can choose to show it, or choose to hide it.

I have thought about getting another, I would like one. Right now I just can't think of anything else that means enough to me to want it. Also, I would want it on my hip or something like that. Another place where I have choice about showing it. :p

Nova
04-18-06, 10:06 PM
When did you get the latest one, BB ?

Nova
04-18-06, 10:11 PM
I'm going to get one eventually... not sure what kind but it'll probably be classic looking.

i.e. - swallows, blue sapphire...
Hey Apollo,
Design it yourself....or take a pic of something that you like to have created with you...

You'll love it once you get it, though !

Nova

Nova
04-18-06, 10:16 PM
Next time I go back to Ohio (where my tattoo artist lives) I'm going to get another one.

Where I'm going to put it next is the question...

Nova

BettyBoop
04-19-06, 09:24 AM
Nova I got my last one last summer and it was the DAD heart on my ankle, but I got the lizards on my feet the same week.

ms_sunshine
04-19-06, 09:47 AM
In college, I considered getting my greek letters somewhere on me. I didn't because 1. I'm a big chicken (and this after four kids, Minn, so don't feel bad) and 2. Everyone was getting their greek letters and I didn't want to be like everyone else. I considered getting my greek crest done very small instead, but there's sooooo much detail on it, the pain would have been excruciating. I also wanted it on my ankle, where I understand it would be more unpleasant than other areas. So...I don't have any. :)

minn306
04-19-06, 02:20 PM
I also wanted it on my ankle, where I understand it would be more unpleasant than other areas.

Are you serious about hearing the ankle is not a good place to put a tattoo..........for anyone who does not tolerate pain?? That is where I was going to get one soon.

runinl8
04-19-06, 02:29 PM
Are you serious about hearing the ankle is not a good place to put a tattoo..........for anyone who does not tolerate pain?? That is where I was going to get one soon.
The only reason it's more painful is because there is no fat to "cushion the blow." That is where I have mine and YES it hurt.

minn306
04-19-06, 02:31 PM
I hate to sound like a scairdy cat.............but I am!! Is there anything I can do before I go to not make it hurt so much??!!

Sad how I want one but am terrified of the pain, huh??
lol

BettyBoop
04-19-06, 02:34 PM
The ankle ones do hurt Minn but a lot of places have this cream that you can apply after they do the outline and the skin is broken and it numbs it up a little so it's not so uncomfortable. You could see if they have that?

Scattered
04-19-06, 04:40 PM
My husband was an ER nurse for years and while he has nothing against tatoos (he's contemplating getting one ATM), he says you really have to consider what gravity is going to do to that tatoo over the course of your life -- he's seen some unfortunate choices over the years.

Scattered

BettyBoop
04-19-06, 04:52 PM
True enough but I figure my betty's on my shoulders are going to age with me. So when I start sagging they will too. LMAO!!! That is true though. Something you have to think about.

Scattered
04-19-06, 05:02 PM
Some hold up well -- others are in places that sag a bit much. I would think shoulders, ankles and such would to quite well.:)

EYEFORGOT
04-19-06, 06:13 PM
RACH! You're getting one, too!? You have SO got to come visit me so we can go together. I've finally decided what I want to get. It'll be on my wrist so I know that'll hurt as bad as the ankle (in my case)...skinny wrists, the fat went elsewhere. ;)

minn306
04-19-06, 06:15 PM
RACH! You're getting one, too!? You have SO got to come visit me so we can go together. I've finally decided what I want to get. It'll be on my wrist so I know that'll hurt as bad as the ankle (in my case)...skinny wrists, the fat went elsewhere. ;)

Don't temp me :D
It has taken me several years but I now know what I want also.

EYEFORGOT
04-19-06, 06:20 PM
Consider yourself not only tempted...but double dog dared!

minn306
04-19-06, 06:21 PM
ohh man, you did that on purpose.

You KNOW I do not resist a dare!!!

Do you think I am kidding????

Nova
04-20-06, 12:29 AM
The only reason it's more painful is because there is no fat to "cushion the blow." That is where I have mine and YES it hurt.

I have three on my ankles.

The only time they 'hurt' if I can even call it that..is they slightly sting, when the outline was being created...but maybe I, have more tolerance to physical pain than others, because the sting wasn't bad at all.

Nova
04-20-06, 12:38 AM
Yep !!

I was also told, by the artist that I use, to use a small amount of Bacitracin gel, when you first get a tattoo, while it's scabbing, to help promote the skin's healing process- and NEVER pick the scabs (for those thinking of getting one).

scuro
04-20-06, 12:44 AM
In reading the Rise and fall of the third reich, their is a passage about the B***h of Buchenwald. She was the wife of the concentration camp commandant and would hand pick the tattoos she liked on Jews before they were gassed. She would then have these tattoos made into lampshades.

It was after reading this passage, that I decided I never wanted a tattoo,...ever.

Nova
04-20-06, 12:53 AM
If you don't stop scaring yourself silly,- I'll get the next one with the words 'Scuro's Moon' in big fat letters, on my calf. (0:

scuro
04-20-06, 07:25 AM
Yeah...I probably shouldn't have posted that on the, How many tattoos do you have? thread. Call it my ADHD moment. Doh!!

EYEFORGOT
04-27-06, 11:32 AM
Maybe we should tattoo an "edit" button across our mouths. I get to be first.

minn306
04-27-06, 11:33 AM
uummm yea put me on the list for that tattoo

stevek182
04-27-06, 11:50 AM
i have 8 myself

minn306
04-27-06, 11:54 AM
8 tattoos? What are they and where??

Lithium Baby
04-27-06, 04:15 PM
none until I find someone that can do a full back of Van Gogh's Starry Night. If yall know of anyone gifted enough to pull this one off, drop me a line if you would. I'd appreciate it.

stevek182
04-27-06, 08:12 PM
one on each chest, a nautical star and the volcom skate stone, then on my stomach i have to chineese symbols, sayin insane and crazy, then my daughters initials on my lft forearm, and a cross with my buddies name who passed away. then on my right shoulder a pic of a bottle with skull and crossbones in th emiddle, and on my back i have the word life an dif you look at in the mirror it says death

william tell
04-27-06, 09:55 PM
I have none, but I think I would like my three sons names on my right arm.
I also think the new fad of women with a tat across the lower back/top of butt is very sexy :D

Nova
04-28-06, 07:01 PM
Hey y'all,

My friend, recently helped me create a tattoo that I absolutely love !

He 'fused' together three ideas, that I wanted, so I didn't have to choose
between them. Which is what was driving me bonkers in the first place !!!

I'll tell describe it to y'all, after I get it done, when I go to my tattoo
artist soon. I can't WAIT !!!

Nova

scuro
04-28-06, 07:04 PM
Maybe we should tattoo an "edit" button across our mouths. I get to be first.
Or how about the words, "edit this".
:)

Nova
04-28-06, 07:29 PM
You are so darn askin' for her to swat you, LMAO !!

EYEFORGOT
04-28-06, 11:16 PM
I'd only swat the person who actually tried to edit me.

Nova
04-29-06, 12:56 PM
INSTEAD...why don't you help me figure out where the heck I'm going to put
this new tatt ???
Hmmmmmmmmm ???

Somewhere I can still see it and still kinda/sorta/maybe hide it if I want to.

EYEFORGOT
04-29-06, 01:11 PM
Don't you have other tattoos? I forget. Where are they? Then we can narrow things down. A girl in my acting class had one on the top of her foot. Not on the leg, but on top behind the toes. You can see it or hide it with shoes.

Nova
04-29-06, 01:31 PM
I have two on my left ankle, one on my right ankle, one on my left shoulder (which I can't see)

I don't want to put the new on on my arms so that area is out.

ms_sunshine
04-29-06, 02:11 PM
near a pelvic bone, slightly above it, maybe.

shrugs, but what do I know...I don't have any.

Nova
04-29-06, 02:15 PM
That's one good spot.
Thank you !

crime_scene
04-29-06, 02:18 PM
below the waist on the left or right hip just to the inside of the hip bone, visible with a bikini say, but not with higher waisted panty.

you could also try to the right or left of the sternum just on the swell of the breast.
http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo/celeb-lewis.htm

upper thigh, e.g.
http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo/celeb-beyonce.htm

Nova
04-29-06, 02:28 PM
The upper thigh is a good spot too.
I was thinking more in line with it being upper, upper thigh, and more centrally located, too.

You know..I really do have a great artist, who uses the best quality ink, because all my tatts have retained their full color for all these years.

He says that's usually the reason the color fades, and you're left with just the outline, pertaining to the pics I just looked at on the link you had, CS.

xstarchildx
04-29-06, 02:33 PM
i have 9 and would like another.

Nova
04-29-06, 02:37 PM
Yay !!!!!!!!

crime_scene
04-29-06, 02:58 PM
Yes, I think you get what you pay for in inks, better to pay more for quality product than have them turn dull and lifeless a short time later and you have to get them recoloured.

I heard on this show called Miami INk that a lot of stars got their tatoos and cheapie places by bad artists, so they've faded and kind of look like garbage.

I think if I had access to some of those miami artists they portray, I'd be tempted myself.

We only have a couple of "iffy" places near places where people earn money the erm..."hard" way.

Nova
04-29-06, 03:00 PM
Yes, I think you get what you pay for in inks, better to pay more for quality product than have them turn dull and lifeless a short time later and you have to get them recoloured.

2 x ouch.You said it !!!

Save on moola, by doing that, down the road too !!

auntchris
04-29-06, 05:03 PM
I dont have any tatoos. It doesnt suite my personality. It hurt when my mom peirce my ears in 7th grade. :faint: Minn, I can't imagine you with a tattoo. but if you want one what about something that is you. Do you do yoga? or meditation? you can use those symbols. This is just a thougth, let me ask you a question, What is meaning ful to you. When you answer that question you will know right away. :p

Crazy~Feet
05-12-06, 01:05 PM
I know, old thread, but I do have 6 tatts, one of which is a rather large custom piece that got published...and I forgot to buy the magazine :faint:.

I want more but my partner cannot be convinced that its my body :rolleyes: since he cannot see the point of getting them in the first place...sigh!

Iwalani8
05-12-06, 07:37 PM
i have two, been thinking about a nice big one for the past few years.... back? chest? arms? i can't decide.
i had a surface piercing on my chest (think vertical bar right above cleavage and only the two flat silver ends of the one inch bar visible) but i had to take it out when i was in europe recently. wasn't taking care of it enough.
so now my new tattoo preoccupation has set back in, trying to design my own.

Ian
05-13-06, 12:51 AM
Think digital camera people. You can't be talking like this without coughing up some images. :D
Mr. Supporter of Old Threads and New Ink.

Crazy~Feet
05-13-06, 04:39 PM
Think digital camera people. You can't be talking like this without coughing up some images. :D
Mr. Supporter of Old Threads and New Ink.LMAO I do have a few pics of my back, but they are as blurry as I am :rolleyes:....

chloe516
05-13-06, 06:25 PM
My tattoo is on my lower back, so I would have a hard time taking a picture of it. My exact tattoo is on another site and I cannot copy it because it is copyrighted. This is pretty close though, Mine is a black outline and the knots for the arms are slightly different, more like the knot for the crown...

http://home.comcast.net/%7Eproph/thin-blk-tat.jpg

chameleon
05-13-06, 06:33 PM
And why did you choose to get that tatoo Chloe?

chloe516
05-13-06, 06:35 PM
I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread. I wanted to chose something that would mean something to me and that I would not regret later on.

I'm of Irish heritage, I was raised to have pride in that. I love the Claddagh design and the Celtic knots, so I figured this would combine the two. The meaning behind it is also good "Love, Friendship, and Loyalty"

chameleon
05-13-06, 06:45 PM
I figured you musta been Irish to pick the Claddagh :p

But I mean - why? Why did you want a tattoo?

chloe516
05-13-06, 06:48 PM
hehehe :p

I'm not sure exactly why I wanted a tattoo, I had wanted one for a long time and was afraid to get one because of the needle. I guess I thought they could look nice. I do love mine and do not regret getting it. Since it is on my lower back, I have the choice of whether or not I want to show it, which is important for me. I actually would like another by my hip, but am unsure of what I would get, so haven't done it.

chameleon
05-13-06, 06:52 PM
Do you also have a belly button piercing Chloe?

chloe516
05-13-06, 07:31 PM
No, but people have told me I should get one (they say I have the stomach for it :rolleyes: )...that's a bigger needle! :eek:

chameleon
05-13-06, 07:56 PM
Oh do they use those big coring needles like the ones they use for tongue piercings?? :eek:

chameleon
05-13-06, 07:58 PM
I think belly button jewelry is awfully cute :D

I thought I'd posted about my tattoo in this thread, but now I can't find it. I think I did though.

chloe516
05-13-06, 08:12 PM
So tell again! Why did you get it? What is it?

chameleon
05-13-06, 08:24 PM
Years ago when my baby died in childbirth I became terrified that I would forget him. I really started to panic when I couldn't recall his face clearly from memory.
The only solution I could think of was a tiny tattoo of a forget-me-not on my ankle. With it, I never have to worry about forgetting him.
I wasn't the type of woman to get a tattoo at that time (it was during my saint period :p ) and although I've certainly admired other women's tattoos, I'd never get another one because it seems like it would take away from the importance of the forget-me-not.

chloe516
05-13-06, 08:40 PM
I can understand that. I think that tattoos have to have special meaning, otherwise there is no point in having them.

And I'm sure that no matter how clearly you are able to picture his face, he would never be forgotten. I'm sure he knows how much he is loved. :)

chameleon
05-13-06, 08:51 PM
Awww thanks Chloe :)

Crazy~Feet
05-14-06, 02:20 PM
Years ago when my baby died in childbirth I became terrified that I would forget him. I really started to panic when I couldn't recall his face clearly from memory.
The only solution I could think of was a tiny tattoo of a forget-me-not on my ankle. With it, I never have to worry about forgetting him.
I wasn't the type of woman to get a tattoo at that time (it was during my saint period :p ) and although I've certainly admired other women's tattoos, I'd never get another one because it seems like it would take away from the importance of the forget-me-not.So sorry about your loss, Cham :(...I, too, have a memorial tattoo. It is a colorful Celtic Cross on my left bicep (that's traditional among bikers) for my friend Herm. Had he lived we would now know each other for 20+ years.
Way back "in the day" I was anorectic and very thin, while Herm got bigger and bigger. We had that thing going on, ya know, "don't mess with my skinny/fat buddy or I'll kick your butt", which always amused people.
We would only discuss weight with one another; how if I did not start eating and if he did not stop, one or both of us would die young. So we made a secret pact- the first to go would be cremated, and the survivor would get a tatt in memory.
He was 650 lbs. when he died of heart failure due to morbid obesity, and was cremated, and I chose the Celtic theme since we both have/had Irish blood.

Crazy~Feet
05-24-06, 04:47 PM
Blurry shot of back tatt, does it no justice whatsoever:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/kzrainbow/backtatt.jpg

chloe516
05-24-06, 04:59 PM
I would love to see a better picture of it, that looks like it could be amazing!!!

How many sessions did it take? I think those are the best tattoos, the ones that have special meaning...I don't think I would have something just for the sake of having a tattoo, has to evoke certain memories or represent something for which will always have meaning.

What does your Celtic cross one look like?

Ian
05-24-06, 05:09 PM
Wow what a nice bit of ink! Even if it is a nasty image, the quality is easy to imagine. Thanks for posting what you could.
Cheers!

Crazy~Feet
05-24-06, 05:13 PM
Yea I really gotta get my PSC hooked back up, since I can upload pics right from my digital through a port for the memory stick in the PSC. I need someone to take another shot of my back, and well, the rest I suppose.

DH has an "issue" with my skin appearing on the internet :rolleyes: but it is my skin isn't it? What say you?

The back took 3 months appx. from conception to finish. I have no idea how many sittings but the longest was 3 1/2 hours straight and I did cry after that, the ONLY time I ever cried over any tatt. Pity how its gotten old and is now faded. An earlier pic would have been so much better.

Hey he goes on the road soon :D bet me and the kid could get some shots done and hook up a PSC easy-peasy! Y'all really wanna see them?

chloe516
05-24-06, 05:19 PM
yeah!!!! how many do you have?

Ian
05-24-06, 05:19 PM
I do so love an evil grin! :D You go gurl! You bet I want to see. Don't regret the fading colours. It's part of the cycle. I've one lonely tat that's a classic, but now 28 years old. I figure it's almost time for a new one. I'm tempted to put a larger one of the same style over top of it, but we'll see.

I've had an itch to get a couple more, but I've got so many distractions just now clamoring for money that it's too tight to squeeze another one into the mix. Snakes, tarantulas and scorpions have run away with my imagination this winter and spring. I should post something about it. I'm having so much fun with it, but a new tat would be so good to have!
Cheers!

Crazy~Feet
05-24-06, 05:34 PM
Chloe, I have 6 in all, and want just one more, I swear just one more!

Yea Ian they cost buku $$ and stay forever. Real snakes etc. or tatts of them?

chloe516
05-24-06, 05:36 PM
Yeah, everyone says "just one more!" ;) :p

Ian
05-24-06, 05:49 PM
Yea Ian they cost buku $$ and stay forever. Real snakes etc. or tatts of them?

I'm all about the real baby! :D

http://static.flickr.com/49/133627998_849ed53c70_o.jpg
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/clocker/133627998/)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/clocker/152282881/
That's what I had to play with last night.
Pterinochilus murinus - Mombasa golden starburst tarantula

EYEFORGOT
05-24-06, 06:15 PM
That's a beautiful tattoo CrazyFeet. (from the pic of your back)

I'm sorry for your loss chameleon...what a beautiful way to remember.

spitfire
05-26-06, 01:05 AM
I have three and I already know what I'm getting for my fourth one after this baby's born.

I also want full sleeves someday, but for some reason groceries and rent keep getting priority over new tattoos. Go figure. :confused:

chazz
05-26-06, 01:26 AM
I've got a number of tattoo on my arms and legs. The last one that I got was a winged pocket watch on my left arm. I refer to it as my ADD tattoo :) Getting my next one done in August - yahhhh :) . Now all I have to do is finish the art work for it.

xstarchildx
07-17-06, 09:47 AM
This is my recent tattoo!! My son's name Billy

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1416/picture8ak4.th.jpg (http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture8ak4.jpg)

This is a big cover up, over home made ones

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3845/picture9dl1.th.jpg (http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture9dl1.jpg)

This is my other son's name...Thi-reece

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/479/picture10lh4.th.jpg (http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture10lh4.jpg)

This is on the back of my neck

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4051/picture11dy7.th.jpg (http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture11dy7.jpg)

This one i had and it was all wrong..... I tried remembering what my mum used to call me when i was a kid, i thought it was bad girl, then when i had it done i thought damn it wasn't that it was wild child, lol i have to laugh but it's there now so it's tuff on me lol

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2439/picture12kf4.th.jpg (http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture12kf4.jpg)

Just thought i'd show ya me tattoo's as i was bored and cannot focus on much!!

~boots~
07-17-06, 09:53 AM
LOL...cool :-)