View Full Version : Questions on effects both positive and negative.

UnsettledMind
08-07-12, 04:00 AM
Hey!

Im sorry if this has been discussed before, but I have a few questions.

I have been diagnosed as minor/moderate Adhd Combined type today. I will be picking up my prescription in the morning. I was interested in hearing how wellbutrin has worked out for others with combined type.

Ive heard about the seizure thing but my doctor has told me that that doesn't usually happen unless I were to go above a certain mg. Ive also read through some of the other threads and it sounds like wellbutrin may not have a good benefit/drawback ratio.

Lastly how long(estimate) would you say it takes for your body to get used to taking it. like say if I were to tell my doctor if its working or not.

Thanks,
UnsettledMind :scratch:

Retromancer
08-07-12, 08:15 AM
Wellbutrin (bupropion) is good if you are also experiencing depression (as I do) -- or if your doctor feels uncomfortable prescribing stimulants.

By the time your next doctor appointment rolls around you should be able to say conclusively whether or not bupropion is working for you.

The seizure issue is pretty much a non issue. You have to have a history of seizures or taking very high doses for it to be an area of concern.

Hey!

I have been diagnosed as minor/moderate Adhd Combined type today. I will be picking up my prescription in the morning. I was interested in hearing how wellbutrin has worked out for others with combined type.

Ive heard about the seizure thing but my doctor has told me that that doesn't usually happen unless I were to go above a certain mg. Ive also read through some of the other threads and it sounds like wellbutrin may not have a good benefit/drawback ratio.

Lastly how long(estimate) would you say it takes for your body to get used to taking it. like say if I were to tell my doctor if its working or not.

Thanks,

UnsettledMind
08-07-12, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the tips. I just stopped by the phamacy and picked it up today im on 2x 75mg a day. My guess as to why they prescribed this was because of what i told them about my family history. Depression, relative has panic attacks, and that there could be a gene for addiction. I took my first dose at 3pm but the guy who explains how the meds work told me not to take the second one too late at night cause it could keep me up(he thought it was for depression until i told him it was for adhd)

minuss
10-06-12, 12:43 PM
So any updates ?

Hey!

Thanks,