View Full Version : I feel weird

HolyAlchemyzt
08-07-12, 06:04 PM
I just watched this video. I think I agreed with all the stuff that he was saying (except haircuts aren't that bad for me anymore, but when I was a kid I could definitely relate to haircuts hurting).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJshPDOeT4A

So I think I might have Aspergers along with ADHD or just Aspergers, or just ADHD, I don't know.

I feel really ******. Because truthfully, my entire life seems like one big blur to me, and the last few years I felt really depressed, but now it seems like I know why.

I think I might have Aspergers. You know what, I know something is definitely wrong with me, no not wrong, but different. Something is different, I can feel it.

Also, looking back, I have had terrible friendships. The people I hung out with all throughout high school might not have been my friends at all.

Two out of the three of them had told me they just hanged out with me "because they felt sorry for me". I invited these people over my home and treated them like family, my mom COOKED FOR THEM, I let them stay over my house and everything! I BOUGHT THEM SO MUCH WEED AND WOULD NEVER ASK THEM TO PAY FOR ANY OF IT!

By the way I haven't smoked weed in months. Also, my entire life, people seemed to be messing with me for no particular reason. I never did anything to them.

I was actually a decent student in middle school, but in high school, I think I let things get to me too much, and my focus left from getting good grades, to being a rebel (skipping school all the time, never paying attention in class, honestly I don't even remember middle school that much, maybe that was just too easy for me and I can't really remember if I just drew most of the time in class).

I feel like everyone I thought I knew and trusted, I now don't trust them anymore, or we're no longer on good terms.

Also, I feel really different, than what is considered normal. I can't explain it, but I feel it. I know it for sure that I feel different than "normal" people.

Also I use normal in quotes because if I didn't then that would mean I show some sort of respect for normal people because they aren't different.

Whatever, just because I'm different doesn't make them better, and truthfully, I always think most people are boring anyways.

In fact I have felt bored my entire life. I hate the way things work in this society too. I don't feel challenged. I hate classrooms.

I hate spacing my sentences too. But I'll do it so you guys can read. Lol. Might as well do it now. Don't feel like erasing those sentences either. Not sure why I felt like saying that. Maybe because I have been too harsh on myself. But whatever, I'm accepting myself as I am, I can care less about what others think anymore.

Typing this has been a little fun. I enjoyed it.

HolyAlchemyzt
08-07-12, 06:37 PM
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html

I got a 34 on this.

I always have this feeling like something's missing.

CheekyMonkey
08-07-12, 07:43 PM
Well, I know other aspies who have been diagnosed with all sorts of things before the correct diagnosis...you wouldn't be the first!

You can have both autism and ADHD, but you'll need to be evaluated by someone who specialized in autism (in my opinion).

Also, normal people = neurotypical. :)

Does it give you any relief that there might be an answer about what has been missing?

HolyAlchemyzt
08-07-12, 10:48 PM
yeah I guess I'm just a little impatient

CheekyMonkey
08-08-12, 12:05 AM
yeah I guess I'm just a little impatient

You and me both. :lol:

wutun44
11-11-12, 03:03 PM
do you do exercise?

I use to be really fit and always going out. (swimming/soccer/etc pretty much every day), then I stopped and starting getting depressed (asd symptoms ). then I started doing swimming/soccer/etc again and I felt much happier and able to socialize, all the asd symptoms went away !!!

fracturedstory
11-14-12, 06:15 AM
do you do exercise?

I use to be really fit and always going out. (swimming/soccer/etc pretty much every day), then I stopped and starting getting depressed (asd symptoms ). then I started doing swimming/soccer/etc again and I felt much happier and able to socialize, all the asd symptoms went away !!!
Depression is not a symptom of ASD. It's a symptom of depression, which can be co-morbid in ASD.

Please do not spread false information around. ASD cannot be overcome so easily.

Autism is a developmental disorder like ADHD but has a severity in social communication. It's far more than that though. Repetitive behaviour, fear of change, intense interests, poor motor skills, sensory issues, etc.

On the video: I love that guy. His other videos are very funny but he didn't really explain Asperger's that well. It was just a few chosen symptoms. I don't think there's enough in there that separates autism and ADHD.

Here's what I would focus on:

How much do you understand social rules? Can you read body language? Did you ever have a desire to be social? If you did did you find people to be confusing? Did it seem like you had the opposite of peer pressure; did you struggle to follow fashion customs and stay up to date with the latest fad? Do you need repetition; same meals, clothes, repeating the same interests? Do you have difficulty adjusting to change? Have you ever had an emotional outburst that wasn't to get your own way? Are those few interests you have something the have a detailed knowledge in? Do you often get into disagreements with people? Have people ever called you rude and you didn't think you were? How are you at making eye contact?

I hope those that don't know if they have AS or not can find out soon. It's a relief to have an answer for this confusing behaviour.

slipstrm
11-14-12, 07:27 PM
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html

I got a 34 on this.

I always have this feeling like something's missing.
I got a 33. Strange. I do have a 16 yr old son that has been diagnosed with aspergers at the age of 7. He didnt talk until he was 4. He doesnt adapt well to change. He gets upset and very stressed whenever there is a change in his daily routine. He does not like to be touched at all. We never been able to hug him. He does not handle social settings well with people he doesnt know. Other than that he tends to live a pretty normal live. He been getting excellent grades in school. He enjoys playing music on piano, guitar, and drums and he seems to handle band well. But, just like ADHD, we have our good days and bad days with him.

My suggestion is try to find a hobby you enjoy that will let you drop all of the garbage going on inside your head. My son says he uses music for this and it help calm him down alot.

Spacemaster
11-14-12, 09:51 PM
Fractured, a big YES to most of those questions, except for the need for repetition. I still have trouble sorting out the similar ADHD and Asperger's symptoms. So many of them look alike, and yet, I have symptoms of both.

I'm having trouble determining if it's ADHD or Aspergers, or ADHD and Aspergers. I'm going to bring that up at my next appointment.

Can I ask, what are your thoughts on mimicking behavior? I seem to do this a LOT. Everyone does, to an extent, but I really really do it. I can't watch a movie, or even read a book without attaining whatever accent the character has. (just one example, I could get into further details and examples) I've noticed it in myself, and it has been noticed by others that I do this. I hate going to my british doctor sometimes, because I find myself involuntarily acquiring an accent, or using british colloquialisms. It's embarrassing. I try very hard not to do it.

fracturedstory
11-15-12, 06:35 AM
Fractured, a big YES to most of those questions, except for the need for repetition. I still have trouble sorting out the similar ADHD and Asperger's symptoms. So many of them look alike, and yet, I have symptoms of both.

I'm having trouble determining if it's ADHD or Aspergers, or ADHD and Aspergers. I'm going to bring that up at my next appointment.

Can I ask, what are your thoughts on mimicking behavior? I seem to do this a LOT. Everyone does, to an extent, but I really really do it. I can't watch a movie, or even read a book without attaining whatever accent the character has. (just one example, I could get into further details and examples) I've noticed it in myself, and it has been noticed by others that I do this. I hate going to my british doctor sometimes, because I find myself involuntarily acquiring an accent, or using british colloquialisms. It's embarrassing. I try very hard not to do it.

Yes, this is quite common in Asperger's. It helps to deal with social situations better. It's almost like an advanced form of echolalia.

And I do it too but only if I like the people. The characters themselves become my special interest.

Also, that AQ Quiz is written by a doctor who thinks people with autism are no different than psychopaths. I don't tend to take it seriously. Try the Aspie Quiz. Still, any quiz is not an accurate measure of whether you have AS or not. Finding a good book about AS is the better way to go. Try looking for Tony Attwood's book on AS.

kimical
11-20-12, 04:49 PM
I got a 38 @_@ now I am concerned.