View Full Version : Looking for Home Remedies - Help plz thx

RajisDepressed
08-16-12, 04:26 AM
I'm looking for some home remedies for getting over a ADD. or get better :D

I only knows Fish Oil Omega 3, it's been 2week i am taking it... i take about 8 pill of Fish oil...about 3g DHA/EPA a day... cant feel any diff...

I find out about Fish oil frm this youtube Video http://youtu.be/HL3eqVGa40s

now looking for more remedies so i can try all... and see which one work better... so plz share with me :D

How i think i have ADD this is how
http://i.imgur.com/VX07S.jpg
I was on google... and i found out that i have ADD... Cuz i can't never focus on anything... and always daydreaming
Why i think i don't have ADHD cuz i never get hyper, even after drinking tea with 6 or 7 spoon sugar

- Sorry English is not my mother tongue

RajisDepressed
08-21-12, 09:08 AM
No Replys :(

anyways after watching alot of videos... you guys sud watch it...

Understanding ADHD - ADD - Attention Deficit Disorder - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVeKZRVkIY4
Helping ADHD | ADD - Part 2 Attention Deficit Disorder - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq883F76fFM
Ending ADHD | ADD - Part 3 Attention Deficit Disorder - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSt7OCpDRPQ

ADHD | ADD - For Girls & Women Only = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxFV4_xEc4Y

How To Boost Creativity, Concentration, and Cognition = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRWIfiJxOOg

Vinpocetine, DMAE, L-Theanine, and OPC Grape Seed Extract < i will be trying this soon :D

still looking for more home remedies... if you know any plz share :D thx :P

- i have nothing to do with those video.. just sharing :D want to get help and want to help other :D

Lunacie
08-21-12, 09:43 AM
Sorry the fish oil didn't help you.

I didn't realize how much it was helping me until I ran out and went back to the way I was before. :faint:

Some ADHDers have written here that 5HTP works for them. You could try that.

But stimulant meds are the only treatment that has been proven to work.

phantasm
09-03-12, 01:43 AM
Raji's - Those videos are very interesting. I am very nervous to try stimulant meds, so i'll have to look into those findings. :thankyou:

rickymooston
09-03-12, 06:10 AM
Hi

Caffeine in moderation, seems to help me with focus. Notice i said in moderation. I have ADHD-PI. I take fish oil sometimes but no idea if it really helps or it is just psycological. Fish makes me feel great; i love salmon. Its healthy so, it does not hurt to take it

I tried RedBull and while it helps my focus, it screws up my appetite and makes my heart race. I am now experimenting with caffeine pills. I am taking a 100 mg pill in the morning and then maybe one other later. That isva bit mire than two red bulls. I belueve the taurine in red bull does make my focus better but i dislike the other effects.

I have read an article claiming about 100 mg helps with primarilybinattentive. Too much makes your adhd worse.bit sounds wrong for the dose to be the same for everybody and age matters. I am 40. I dont think somebody under 20 should take so much caffeine but unsure.

Medication helps some people a lot. Depending on your symptoms, you still should look into that idea.

Caffeine is a drug too by the wsy. It is simply the one i know.

One has to beware of the do called placebo effect.

I dont think the theories abiut adhd and sugar are true. I believe they have bern debunked

Lastly, you should know, its not easy to diagnose adhd. You might have it but other things can be at work.

MrDavidAlan
09-05-12, 03:05 AM
DMAA, however it is now banned.

It was in my workout supplement "jack3d" it wasn't until I ran out that my life REALLY started to fall apart.

Dizfriz
09-05-12, 12:08 PM
I looked up John Gray, the guy in the videos.

Here is information from Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gray_%28U.S._author%29

In 1969, Gray attended a Transcendental Meditation lecture, later becoming a celibate and personal assistant to Maharishi Mahesh Yogi for nine years.

In 1992, Gray published his book, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus which has sold more than seven million copies and according to a 1997 report by the book's publisher, HarperCollins, it is the all time, best-selling hard-cover nonfiction book. The book became a “popular paradigm” for problems in relationships based on the different tendencies in each gender and led to infomercials, audiotapes and videotapes, weekend seminars, theme vacations, a one-man Broadway show, an TV sitcom plus a movie contract with 20th Century Fox. The book has been published in 40 languages and has earned Gray almost $18 million.[1][9] Gray was accused of borrowing from the work of author Deborah Tannen and he acknowledges some similarities but says, "I was teaching those ideas before I'd heard of her." Other critics have accused Gray of limiting human psychology to stereotypes.

In 1997, Gray began opening Mars & Venus Counseling Centers, where he trains therapists in his "Mars & Venus technique" in exchange for a one time, licensing fee and monthly "royalty payments". The president of the American Psychological Association, Dorothy Cantor, questions the ethics of creating a franchise for what is essentially a therapeutic process.[1] Gray was born in Houston, Texas, in 1951 to a father who was an oil executive and a mother who worked at a spiritual bookshop.] He graduated from high school and attended both the University of St. Thomas and the University of Texas.[citation needed]

He received a bachelors and masters degree in the Science of Creative Intelligence, though sources vary on whether these degrees were received from either the non-accredited Maharishi European Research University (MERU) in Switzerland or the fully accredited Maharishi International University in Fairfield, Iowa.

Gray received his Ph.D. in 1982 from Columbia Pacific University (CPU), a now-defunct and non-accredited university located in San Rafael, California upon completion of a correspondence course[3][6][4] and an honorary doctorate from Governors State University in Illinois after he delivered their commencement address in 2002. I didn't watch it in detail (lack of time) but he seems to be proposing that ADHD can be cured and compares ADHD medication to cocaine. The last is pretty much of a marker to me of a flake, snake oil salesperson or someone who knows little about the disorder.

I would suggest approaching his ideas with a certain or more appropriately a large degree of caution.

This is just my opinion but I have seen these "cures" and bogus "causes" for ADHD for many years and none of them, at least so far, pan out.

Do the research and come to your own conclusions but do be cautious.

Abi
09-05-12, 02:34 PM
Home remedy:

1. Capture one large snake [any species] and kill it.

2. Add water to large cauldron and bring to the boil over an open fire.

3. Remove skin from snake, add to cauldron.

4. Allow to boil for 5 hours.

5. Separate fatty liquid that rises to the top of cauldron into a separate vessel.

6. Store in airtight container below 25 degrees C.

Take 2 teaspoons as required. Cures ADHD and many other mental and physical ailments.

ConcertaParent
01-20-13, 03:02 PM
Your signature shows that your ADD and depression is severely impairing your life. You need to see a medical professional ASAP and at least consider evidence-based treatments before it's too late. The consequences of untreated ADHD are much worse than your family and friends finding out the reason for your difficulties.

Omega-3 has been useless for us for twelve months now. Other "home remedies" such as pycnogenol, valerian and lemon balm, and possibly dangerous herbs with contaminants have even less evidence that they are effective for ADHD.
Im Depressed because of ADD(99.8% sure i have it)... Can't focus on anything... School, So i cant get education... I am not on anything... just Fish Oil for Omega 3... Never Want to Doctor... Because Im Worried, What if people find out that i have ADD... They all look at me like Im some sicko... that i need pill to be normal... :( I can only do is home remedies... Can't Not let anyone find out even my family They are so judgmental :(

ConcertaParent
01-20-13, 11:09 PM
The last is pretty much of a marker to me of a flake, snake oil salesperson or someone who knows little about the disorder.
After listening to an interview about Children Are From Heaven, I went to his website for his claimed ADHD cures, and after looking at all the snake oil products being sold, I realized that Snake Oil Salesmen Are From Hell! ;)