View Full Version : Supermemo

madadder
08-16-12, 09:22 AM
This is another potential resource for organization and studying. Has anyone used it? I purchased it, so I'll post back on my thoughts. Definitely look into this though, especially if you're currently attending school.

www.supermemo.com

ginniebean
08-16-12, 10:30 AM
Looking forward to hearing how it works. I am thinking of getting that dictation software.

dogluver358
08-16-12, 12:02 PM
Please update and let us know. I know I could certainly use some kind of software for my computer or phone. I was just going to post a question about that.

madadder
08-16-12, 10:59 PM
So far, it's really great for taking notes. I was telling my wife a couple of months ago that I was going to create a system for myself (through excel spreadsheets) where I quiz myself once a day for 30 minutes on a broad range of topics so I don't forget all the info from the classes I've been taking for the last few years. I never actually went through with it because, well you know why.

But this program supermemo is JUST THAT and more. It's amazing, because I've thought of other organizational things to put on my wishlist and they just so happened to be there, but were unknown to most people. The last one was www.typelink.net (http://www.typelink.net). I recommend looking into typelink as well. It's a personal "wiki". I use it for organizing my documents and making them eternal through typelink and google docs.

So far, supermemo has a learning curve to it, but it allows you to test yourself on a very broad range of information, whatever you're interested in and want to retain. As far as organization to your everyday life, I'm not so sure. It has a sleep tracker, but that's about it. I don't know about the to do lists, etc. But it's all about improving your memory, focus, knowledge, etc. So it's a pretty good thing.

I'm currently doing my homework and taking notes. I am no longer taking notes and thinking that my notes will end up in the trash someday. Now, when I take notes I know that I will be quizzed on them periodically. It also provides very customizable structure to your notes which is great. This program is definitely not for everyone, and it takes patience and effort to understand how it works. You have to read through the documentation and guides before using it.

madadder
08-17-12, 02:26 AM
Test for signature

madadder
08-18-12, 12:37 AM
I've stumbled across Evernote and mnemosyne. I plan on using Evernote for organizing all of my thoughts, notes, etc. And I plan on using mnemosyne for studying.

I'm not sure if I have a place for supermemo or not. I would recommend trying the first two programs out since they are free.