View Full Version : Have any of you gone to a sleep clinic to get assessed for sleep disorders?

Haakenlid
08-23-12, 11:49 AM
I wonder if I might be suffering from advanced sleep phase syndrome, and or hypersomnia. I have a very hard time regulating my sleep cycle, but my body will not cooperate.

I've not been diagnosed with ADHD, but my primary care physician has referred me to some psychiatrists for a second opinion. I have an appointment next week, and is wondering whether I should ask him to refer me to a sleep study. I am a bit worried about being labeled a hypocondriac, but I'm really frustrated with the waiting I've experienced so far.

So, anyone here who have been tested or diagnosed for a sleep disorder?

ConcertaParent
08-23-12, 04:31 PM
See http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127065&highlight=sleep. Good luck.

Haakenlid
08-24-12, 08:02 AM
Thank you. I was wondering in what way a sleep disturbance might be related to ADHD. If they are comorbid, or the symptoms of one might be caused by the other.

So if treated for Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome the ADHD symptoms get better or treatment for ADHD makes me more functioning in the morning.

Usually I don't really feel awake until after lunchtime. And I need two or three cups of coffee to get there.

T-Rex65
08-24-12, 09:10 AM
I've had a sleep study and been diagnosed with DSPS. It hasn't done much for me yet other than confirm what I already knew. At least it made me feel less like a lazy loser.

sarahsweets
08-24-12, 09:51 AM
I had one, late sleep syndrome, and moveing around ecessivly when I sleep.

pie4fools
08-25-12, 06:09 PM
I gotta take Adderall 30mg XR to get to sleep :p i enjoy IRs through the day

Flory
08-25-12, 06:50 PM
i'd like to be assessed at a sleep clinic, ever since i was a child i have had trouble sleeping due to not only physical restlessness but mental restlessness (racing thoughts etc) i find it very hard to relax, tried various sleepers with limited success...when i do wake up i feel like death >.< every single morning