View Full Version : Do I sound mildly Dyscalculic?

Dja427
08-26-12, 04:01 AM
I have always hated math for as long as I remember. I remember having difficulties learning my basic math facts in 1st and 2nd grade. I was set up with a tutor which helped me a little bit but not a WHOLE lot. The only way I learned my basic math facts(mostly multiplication)was by having my tutor make up silly stories to remember my facts. Unfortunately this did not work with addition and subtraction and to this day I still do not know many basic math facts(don't laugh). To this day I still use my fingers to figure out math facts like 23-12. Funny thing is I have less of a problem with learning algebra but I still face some difficulties. I also forgot how to do some basic geometry stuff, thankfully I'm learning geometry this year but i don't how well that is going to go over. Why do i keep forgetting the things I learn in math but not other subjects?

ADD_Pyrate_Gurl
08-31-12, 07:19 PM
I can't say for sure, but it sounds like you have some sort of math disability. I would get tested for it. It's a legitimate disability (see my post called 'Math Disability - Need to Vent, Need Advice'... I have a mini saga/fight that I just won today about needed a calculator in intermediate algebra)

Liuka2012
08-31-12, 07:39 PM
I also had problems in math also. I still til this day do. I am like you. I got through math and in college I did also. But, I still have problems with basic mathimatical equations. Don't feel bad about it. Albert Einstein failed math. LOL..Just a quick history tip. I had problems where I would switch the numbers upside down and I didn't find out i had these problems until about a week or two ago.