View Full Version : alcohol or marijauna on concerta?

apapap3
12-10-04, 07:59 PM
hey,
I just started taking concerta and I was wondering if it is dangerous to have marijuana or alcohol while on concerta? Thanks

Gregster
12-14-04, 03:12 PM
Not dangerous but not a good idea. Grass can be very de-motivating and you may not notice the positive effects of the Concerta when smoking. Alcohol you also want to be careful with. Concerta won't make you more or less drunk, but if you are "up" on the Concerta and alert you may not feel as drunk.
I'd take care with both until you get used to the effects of the Concerta.

KilgoreTrout
12-14-04, 04:51 PM
Same go for Adderall?

T-Bass
01-13-05, 09:58 AM
I smoke marijauna with everything I take, don't smoke early while taking it, cause you'll be smoking so much more trying to get a same high. I normally smoke at night time for my aniexty issues. No problems, don't know about alcohol though, since I'm against that and alcohol ruins people's lives. Marijuana just makes people lazy and hungry.

God Bless Marijuana

T-Bass

Va_va_voom
01-20-05, 01:03 PM
I bong cannabis chronically and find it just makes me very tired and wanting to just smoke more instead of sitting fidgiting on concerta xl, it can be great for crashing at night thou - for a good adhd prevented day i avoid what drugs i can untill around 5 and there isnt many good days lol. Alchahol ( spelling ?! ) can be drank in much higher amounts on stimulants therefore making it easier to drink too much it generally isnt a good idea at all anyway.

OnePrimeMover
03-08-05, 04:25 PM
I can't tell you much about the long-term health risks associated with it, but if you want some anecdotal evidence, here you go:

I smoke weed every day and I've had no problems. However, you might want to consider the fact that marijuana might impact how the Concerta affects you; if you judge the effectiveness of Concerta while smoking marijuana regularly, you may end up believing it isn't as effective as it could be, or find you're taking too much/too little when (if?) you stop smoking.

I find I get drunk really fast when I'm drinking while on Concerta... I think it's because you don't realise how drunk you're getting, and then the Concerta starts to wear off, and all the sudden alcohol+ADHD symptoms combine to turn you into a tool. Just warn your friends ;)

meadd823
03-09-05, 10:00 PM
Wow we ADDers will openly talk about any thing!!! Just stop by to see what condition my condition is in.

I have never taken Concerta but I know some one who takes it and smokes weed. She does the take medication in the morning thing then smoke at night as Concerta wearing off. I am told that the "smoke" makes her less crouchy when the medication wears off. The Concerta makes her less hungry when she smokes. Had to put my two cents in!!!!

Mee
03-09-05, 10:09 PM
I have never taken Concerta but I know some one who takes it and smokes weed. She does the take medication in the morning thing then smoke at night as Concerta wearing off. I am told that the "smoke" makes her less crouchy when the medication wears off. The Concerta makes her less hungry when she smokes. Had to put my two cents in!!!!

So smoking bud at night helps take the edge off of the concerta crash ....... Well this is helpful info ...

ApeMan
03-13-05, 01:00 PM
I don't smoke weed, and I don't plan on starting because I find it really impairs my thinking process. It slows my brain down so much, and I find that I can't string a complete thought together. Never mind trying to have a conversation with someone...I won't be able to remember what I'm trying to say between the time I open my mouth and half-way through the sentence. Basically it multiplies my ADD symptoms times 100! So, I wouldn't want to use during a school term....

However, I have found that Marijuana can be the best thing in the world for muscle tension! Perhaps in small amounts, the relaxing benefits would outweigh the impairing effects...(from an efficiency point of view).