View Full Version : Neurontin(Peripheral Neuropathy)

Hyperman87
08-29-12, 08:27 PM
Anybody here also have Peripheral Neuropathy & take Neurontin or similar drug?

Peripheral Neuropathy it'll knock you to the ground permanently if you let it. I've start working out & every-time I do hear my joints(like their gonna go crack & break in half). Bone fractures are of ,course common in people with Neuropathy. I go to do a sit-up & I can hear my spinal column. I just keep at it to keep the Muscle atrophy at bay(cause it is not fun losing most of the muscle in your body) & having to attempt build it back up. Then there is the Neurological numbness & electrical firing pains, pens & needles etc. Anyway that is why I take Neurontin :)Peripheral Neuropathy sucks & I take many other drugs. Vyvanse, propranolol,ativan, Zantac, Prilosec, Neurontin, Claritin. My whole day sometimes is about taking pills. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTcuaNvaV64&feature=related

oneup
08-29-12, 09:00 PM
Dude neurontin sucks so bad. It worked for 1 month, then stopped working for me, even after increasing the dose. Meanwhile the side effects, severe depression, apathy, headaches, couldn't focus enough to even drive. I guess it works for some people but problem is this is the only drug neurodocs want to rx for nerve pain. I switched to vicodin when my primary care doc saw what it was doing to me. Luckily my peripheral nerves are healing. Prednisone also helped along with vitamin therapy (B1, B6, B12, C) to help nerve regeneration, if you do a google search you can find some info on livestrong or similar website.

silivrentoliel
08-29-12, 09:05 PM
I used it for migraines and it worked really well, but it messed with my unmedicated ADHD pretty badly.

CheekyMonkey
08-30-12, 12:53 AM
That's what my husband studies.

I'll tell him to hurry up with the treatment. :lol:

It seriously sucks though. :(