View Full Version : Talking to a girl I barely know

Dmitri
08-29-12, 09:14 PM
Okay guys so there's this girl in one of my classes who isn't like Zooey Deschanel sexy butter I still find her very attractive. She's smart- a sophomore taking the same classes as me, a junior, but not like crazy smart. In other words she's perfect for me. I sit right behind her and we often are partners in projects (teacher chooses partners) I often stare at the back of her head all class period, she has such beautiful hair. anyways she giggles at my jokes (she was such a cute giggle) and sometimes I smile at her and she smiles at me and I feel great but I'm terrible with girls especially smalltalk and especially with girls I like. whenever I do talk to her my Testosterone goes crazy and all I can think about is banging her brains out.

How do I talk to girls? How do I get to know her? How do I overcome my hormones? HELP

CheekyMonkey
08-30-12, 12:52 AM
Meanwhile, she is sitting there every single day waiting for you to ask her out on a date.

ASK! :)

Drewbacca
08-30-12, 01:39 AM
Meanwhile, she is sitting there every single day waiting for you to ask her out on a date.

ASK! :)

Yep. It's obvious.
But, keep the "banging her brains out" part to yourself if you want her to keep giggling.

Fuzzy12
08-30-12, 04:44 AM
If you feel tongue tied when trying to ask her out or worry that you might stammer or something similar, then well don't worry about it. It can be quite endearing. It shows that it really means something to a guy. But yeah, try not to talk about banging her brains out. :)

sarahsweets
08-30-12, 04:44 AM
Yea dont tell her about wanting to bang her brains out, girls dont find that attractive in the beginning,...later? well....thats another story.

meadd823
08-30-12, 05:05 AM
Why don't you make it easy and let her do the talking. There is one thing every one knows all about - themselves. Ask her about her, then close mouth and listen.

I know when I close my mouth I am less likely to find my foot in it. When I listen I am likely to learn about the other person.

As you learn more about her hopefully you will be able to see there is more to her than what you can "bang".

Dmitri
08-30-12, 03:04 PM
But what if I'm too soon and she's not interested in me yet? Like I said, I barely know her. And I'm terrible with girls, like you don't understand how awkward I am, and I don't consider myself sexy or muscular or smart or clever or funny or even talented in that matter. The only instrument I can play well is the harmonica and the harmonica isn't a chick magnet.

How do I impress her? What can I do? Because I literally got nothing

silivrentoliel
08-30-12, 03:50 PM
I'm assuming you're in high school, right? Is there somewhere you guys can go hang out that's not just a one-on-one type of date? It was always easier for me if I had some friends around when I was getting to know a guy. Do you have any similar friends or acquantinces that are currently dating? You could go on a double date?

I don't know, I was the weird awkward girl til I hit 20, lol... by then, I was WAY behind socially.

Dmitri
08-30-12, 07:19 PM
I'm assuming you're in high school, right? Is there somewhere you guys can go hang out that's not just a one-on-one type of date? It was always easier for me if I had some friends around when I was getting to know a guy. Do you have any similar friends or acquantinces that are currently dating? You could go on a double date?

I don't know, I was the weird awkward girl til I hit 20, lol... by then, I was WAY behind socially.

See, that would be a great idea except for the fact that I barely know her. How do i get to know her and more importantly get her to like me? I really have no idea. I'm just terrible at talking to girls, and the fact that I'm at the pinnacle of puberty and get invaded by mass amounts of testosterone every single time I talk to somebody who isn't entirely repulsive doesn't help.

silivrentoliel
08-30-12, 09:22 PM
See, that would be a great idea except for the fact that I barely know her. How do i get to know her and more importantly get her to like me? I really have no idea. I'm just terrible at talking to girls, and the fact that I'm at the pinnacle of puberty and get invaded by mass amounts of testosterone every single time I talk to somebody who isn't entirely repulsive doesn't help.

Don't *try* to get her to like you. Just talk to her, even if it's something retarded like the weather... seriously, breaking the ice is the first step. Granted, don't be a total creeper when you do say something :giggle: I don't know what classes you guys have together or anything, so I can't give great examples, but a general comment, even if it's just a "arg, i hate this class" (provided you know she isn't in love with it herself) would work.

Back in the day :giggle: we passed goofy notes through mutual people we knew.... but that was, oh, 19 years ago. :faint: Now I feel old.

Although, notes were fun :D

daveddd
08-30-12, 09:47 PM
just do it

if you dont you will kick yourself in the balls, whenever you think back about it

trust me

pooka
08-31-12, 08:14 PM
I'm your age, and I am a girl, so maybe my two cents might be worth something to you.

Talk to her. Compliment her (on something small, like a necklace she's wearing or her handwriting - and it has to sound sincere or she might think you're making fun of her). Ask her things. Make her feel like you're interested in her life and you care about what she says to you. But don't get creepy. It's a seriously fine line. If you say you barely know her, well, whose fault is that? Get to know her. And then seriously, just ask her out.

Also, personally I don't think it's that big a deal when guys talk about sex but like everyone's said, try to keep that to yourself, especially if she's younger than you because again, that could border on creepy.

silivrentoliel
08-31-12, 09:20 PM
I'm your age, and I am a girl, so maybe my two cents might be worth something to you.

Talk to her. Compliment her (on something small, like a necklace she's wearing or her handwriting - and it has to sound sincere or she might think you're making fun of her). Ask her things. Make her feel like you're interested in her life and you care about what she says to you. But don't get creepy. It's a seriously fine line. If you say you barely know her, well, whose fault is that? Get to know her. And then seriously, just ask her out.

Also, personally I don't think it's that big a deal when guys talk about sex but like everyone's said, try to keep that to yourself, especially if she's younger than you because again, that could border on creepy.

Pooka, I would have SWORN you were older :lol:

And if she's younger, talking about sex doesn't *border* on creepy.... just tread lightly with that topic... at least until you know her and her personality.

pooka
08-31-12, 10:13 PM
I thought it was general knowledge that I'm just a wee lass (idk what that weird Irish thing was all about there)...also my lack of maturity and stuff might be a clue :D

silivrentoliel
08-31-12, 10:14 PM
I thought it was general knowledge that I'm just a wee lass (idk what that weird Irish thing was all about there)...also my lack of maturity and stuff might be a clue :D

:scratch: you do remember what board you're on, right? :eyebrow:

:lol:

crystal8080
08-31-12, 11:45 PM
Pooka, I would have SWORN you were older :lol:

:scratch: Yea, that got by me too. :umm1:

rickymooston
09-01-12, 11:12 PM
Okay guys so there's this girl in one of my c...t.

How do I talk to girls? How do I get to know her? How do I overcome my hormones? HELP

Hi, you are already talking!!! You are doing something right. She giggles.

Here is the best idea. Dont worry about asking her out keep the jokes
Up when she laughs at them. Look for an excuse to talk about homework.
Eventually get her phone number in order ti talk about homework.

Once you are talking about homework, you can also sneak in other things like your family, her family, her dog, whatever.

When this works and a dance happens, ask her if she will go eith you. Or just
Spend lots of time "doing homework".

Black_Rose1809
09-02-12, 06:34 AM
Okay guys so there's this girl in one of my classes who isn't like Zooey Deschanel sexy butter I still find her very attractive. She's smart- a sophomore taking the same classes as me, a junior, but not like crazy smart. In other words she's perfect for me. I sit right behind her and we often are partners in projects (teacher chooses partners) I often stare at the back of her head all class period, she has such beautiful hair. anyways she giggles at my jokes (she was such a cute giggle) and sometimes I smile at her and she smiles at me and I feel great but I'm terrible with girls especially smalltalk and especially with girls I like. whenever I do talk to her my Testosterone goes crazy and all I can think about is banging her brains out.

First... banging? Keep those hormones under control... No girl... hell, no woman would want to go near you if you have that image in your brain... but then again you're a high school boy... it happens.

Second... Talk to her! And try to keep your thoughts down... don't think about anything, just think of what you want to say to her. First friends, then girlfriend.

That is all... you'll learn how to control yourself as you get older, just for now try to keep your thoughts down.

IslandGirlTiff
09-09-12, 01:13 PM
I'd think of some questions you'd like to know about her ahead of time. Then, ask her a few. Don't ask anything too deep....just try to see if you can ask questions that will allow your common interests to surface. And there is no way to know if someone is perfect for you unless you really know them well. :) So keep that in mind. She may not be perfect for you. Someone who is perfect for you will have the same feelings toward you that you have toward them.

Twiggy
09-09-12, 01:53 PM
Talk to her. Invite her for lunch somewhere. Maybe go to a show or concert nearby.
Play the harmonica for her.

Girls like guys that impress them by being themselves yet having an adventurous streak in them. I think you'll do fine.

SevenYears
09-11-12, 10:02 PM
I'm 20 at this point. I still haven't worked up the nerve to pursue any of my crushes. Believe me, you'll regret it if you don't. Once you graduate you'll realize how trivial and unimportant those high school years were. At this point, I have girls compliment me all the time....It took until now to actually realize that I was an attractive and nice guy. ADD crippled me throughout highs school. It also made me feel self-conscious and unworthy. Just treat it like you're ripping off a bandaide whenever you talk to her. Just don't think about it- dive in...Or else you won't work up the nerve, and everything will seem planned out as opposed to spontaneously random...Who knows, she might find it super cute.