View Full Version : Other things I can use?

Black_Rose1809
09-02-12, 05:56 AM
I recently lost my insurance so I can't go see my Psych doctor for my medication for this semester, so I was thinking what I can use as an alternative for vyvanse?

I thought of soda with caffeine (Coke, pepsi... etc.) but I don't know i if that would work... is there any teas or something I can use that can help just a bit?

I just use it for math but because this year I'm doing college algebra... I'm a tad worried how I'll be able to do in that class...

Amtram
09-02-12, 11:13 AM
There are really no substitutes for these medications, because the mechanism of action is pretty chemically specific. However, what you might want to do is check with your nearest social services office to see what is available to you for free or on a sliding fee scale, and go to the manufacturer's website to see if they have assistance programs. Often they offer coupons that bring the cost down, or subsidies that allow you to get the medication for free for a limited time if you qualify.

CheekyMonkey
09-02-12, 11:21 AM
Exercise!

Obviously, there is no replacement for meds. But, if you can't have meds, regular exercise really helps.

Black_Rose1809
09-02-12, 06:09 PM
There are really no substitutes for these medications, because the mechanism of action is pretty chemically specific. However, what you might want to do is check with your nearest social services office to see what is available to you for free or on a sliding fee scale, and go to the manufacturer's website to see if they have assistance programs. Often they offer coupons that bring the cost down, or subsidies that allow you to get the medication for free for a limited time if you qualify.

I checked the website and they do! :thankyou:

dogluver358
09-02-12, 08:26 PM
Do you not have a health center at your school? I saw the dr at my school's health office and she wrote my prescriptions, since I was an out of state student. And some school's do offer student health insurance programs. There are many ways to be able to see a dr and get medication.

Black_Rose1809
09-06-12, 02:15 AM
Do you not have a health center at your school? I saw the dr at my school's health office and she wrote my prescriptions, since I was an out of state student. And some school's do offer student health insurance programs. There are many ways to be able to see a dr and get medication.

They do but it's for international students....