View Full Version : Re-map Your Brain

madadder
09-14-12, 10:49 PM
I urge anyone with diagnosed ADHD or autism to read the third chapter from the book, The Brain That Changes Itself. I believe that we are capable of rewiring our brain to improve or even eradicate ADHD symptoms.

Chapter 3: Redesigning the Brain A Scientist Changes
Brains to Sharpen Perception and Memory, Increase
Speed of Thought, and Heal Learning Problems

amberwillow
09-14-12, 10:59 PM
I read that book cover to cover. Neuroplasticity is an amazing subject.

Twiggy
09-14-12, 11:42 PM
The subject matter interests me and I want to read it now.

Drewbacca
09-15-12, 12:14 AM
I'll give the book a looksie before I go off on a rant about why I think it's all just fluff. I'll even read it with an open mind, but if it starts referencing quantum-physics or insisting that we only use 10% of our brain, I'm done. LOL

amberwillow
09-15-12, 12:16 AM
I'll give the book a looksie before I go off on a rant about why I think it's all just fluff. I'll even read it with an open mind, but if it starts referencing quantum-physics or insisting that we only use 10% of our brain, I'm done. LOL

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

Drewbacca
09-15-12, 12:33 AM
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

Probably not surprised, as I'm open to the general ideas it seems to profess (based on looking at the reviews). I won't, however, be convinced of its usefulness to a broad population if an objective study doesn't show statistically significant results.

I'm all for success stories. I love reading about someone overcoming a deficit. It's easy to cherry-pick the successful stories and ignore the unsuccessful in order to sell a book. By the looks of it, this is nothing more than a collection of success stories, and not any sort of treatment plan.

Regardless, it does look like a good read!

Also, on a side note to the OP. Amazon links are not allowed per forum guidelines (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15842) governing commercial links. The mods in charge of this section will be removing the hyperlink from your post. It's ok to post the name and author... or even the ISBN. Just the links are a no no.

Unmanagable
09-15-12, 12:37 AM
What if you totally suck at (any kind of) mapping to being with? :giggle:

Drewbacca
09-15-12, 12:43 AM
What if you totally suck at (any kind of) mapping to being with? :giggle:

If it works, I'll leave bread crumbs...