View Full Version : Moaning about insomnia

scrambled86
09-15-12, 09:12 PM
So it's 3am and I cannot sleep...again...

I have mirtazapine which sometimes helps me sleep and sometimes has no effect and I keep forgetting to take it until it's too late to take it if I have to get up in the morning and it does work as then I can't get up in the morning!

It's soooo frustrating and I've struggled with it for as long as I can remember. I'm always tired but rarely seem to sleep.

Grrr..

Sorry folks just needed to moan!

bumblebe
09-15-12, 11:14 PM
you and I both partner, as long as I can remember as well.
It sucks because most times I am tired, but I still cant sleep. Sometimes I get mad and litteraly yell at my insomnia for keeping me from my sleep.

seriquil helps me sleep. And I dont have that addictive behavior with it like I have other meds.

it makes me fat though. But im a well rested fat girl, and I think thats better than a grouchy hostile average weight girl!

All joking aside, I understand what you are going through, Its tough. I hope everything works out.

SweetCode
09-16-12, 12:44 AM
I have problems sleeping too, I have tryed tons of prescription meds , the only one who gave any result was a benzo (clonazepam) but at a dose that was too high in my opnion(I have a history of substance abuse so a high dose of benzo is not a good idea.

So The best solution that I found with my doctor was to use dramamine , but it had some strong side effects (at least for me) when used continuosly , so I only use in emergencies.

Talk with your doctor about it, I talked and after 4 different sleep meds failing, he recommended a sleep study.

scrambled86
09-16-12, 11:21 AM
Thanks both.

Mirtazapine is making me fat too!

Insomnia is worse than anything else I struggle with...everything seems worse on no / little sleep.