View Full Version : Have you heard of the organizing tool, my life organized?

anonymouslyadd
09-19-12, 07:27 PM
I've been pondering if there was a software program that had the capability to put "to do" lists together and in order for me. It's impossible for me to order tasks.

Have you heard of the program MyLifeOrganized? If you google "my life organized, the website will pop up." I don't want to post a link.

They claim to be able to do many things with tasks, including ordering them

What do you all think?

amberwillow
09-19-12, 07:34 PM
I've used Action Method Online successfully, but then, I can order tasks. I can see how not being able to order would cause frequent issues.

I'll have a look a the site you mentioned and give you my impressions but it may be tomorrow.

I'm heading into the city to work on tall ship restoration today. :)

anonymouslyadd
09-19-12, 07:37 PM
I've used Action Method Online successfully, but then, I can order tasks. I can see how not being able to order would cause frequent issues.

I'll have a look a the site you mentioned and give you my impressions but it may be tomorrow.

I'm heading into the city to work on tall ship restoration today. :)
That would be great if you could do that my poetry friend.:) Have fun with the ship restoration.

Flory
09-19-12, 07:56 PM
apparently the brand responsible for concerta (jansen sillag or something) make an iphone app for ADHD :D

anonymouslyadd
09-19-12, 10:46 PM
What about the apps like Astrid and Taskmaster on these phones? Anyone have experience using them? Astrid seems promising.

anonymouslyadd
09-20-12, 10:51 AM
There has to be some software out there that can prioritize tasks in appropriate order efficiently. Please name them.

dvdnvwls
12-12-12, 04:23 PM
There has to be some software out there that can prioritize tasks in appropriate order efficiently. Please name them.
Any software that does this will of course require you to specify the priority for each task, since it can't tell automatically. Specifying might be done by making a choice from a menu, by typing an extra letter or number, or whatever.

"Efficiently" is a bit hard to define because it depends on the way you like to work. And whatever software you choose, it would be nice for you if it worked well with what you already use.

By the way: What system are you running, so that people can recommend stuff you could actually use?

[Any program that has a sort function will do this already - in the very simplest case (brain-dead software with a smart person running it), you just name every high-priority task beginning with the letter A (for example "A My Very Important Task"), name every low-priority task with an E (like "E My Less Important Task"), and you hit the sort button. But of course it can be done more elegantly.]

anonymouslyadd
12-13-12, 03:58 AM
Windows.

dvdnvwls
12-13-12, 04:28 AM
Windows.
That's one that I know nearly nothing about.

sarahsweets
12-13-12, 06:02 AM
I use it on my phone. I like the choice between reminders and texts. I also like the snooze options.

Duh! Ok I use life reminder app ...I misunderstood your post.

dvdnvwls
12-13-12, 05:50 PM
I use it on my phone. I like the choice between reminders and texts. I also like the snooze options.

Duh! Ok I use life reminder app ...I misunderstood your post.
Does Life Reminder automatically sort your stuff in priority order?