View Full Version : effexor xr 150mg making me soo sleepy? where's hollywood?

EnergizerJen
09-27-12, 06:57 PM
Where's hollywood?

Can u help buddy?

I have taken it before and never had this side effect.

Is the dose too high or too low?

In the past has increased energy, decreased appetite.. what gives?

Now I'm exhausted and starving??/

Adderall IR 30 mg 3xdaily
Effexor XR 150 mg
Trazodone 150 mg at night, as needed

Any help is appreciated!

-Jen

Fuzzy12
09-27-12, 08:41 PM
ugh. I took effexor for a couple of months. Started with 75 and ended up on 300mh. At that dose i couldn't keep my eyes open. I was sleeping round the clock. It also didn't help much with the depression but increased suicidal ideation to xworrying levels. At lower doses it actually worked better for me but i don't remember at what dose I felt ok. I've started taking cymbalta now and that makes me tired too but it's not as extreme as effexor. Hope you'll have better experiences with.

EnergizerJen
09-30-12, 11:33 AM
thanks Fuzzy! :)

Sleep or cry...

Sleep or cry...

What to choose?

I'm halfway over it.
It just seems like there's always something f'd up about these "co-occuring" disorders that no matter what, there's going to be one you just can't fix right.

picard
09-30-12, 11:29 PM
150mg of effexor is very high. I was taking only 50mg and I was a walking zombie during the day. You should switch medication.

Fuzzy12
10-08-12, 02:33 PM
150mg of effexor is very high. I was taking only 50mg and I was a walking zombie during the day. You should switch medication.

At the end my dose was increased to 300mg. I was a sleeping zombie 24/7 :rolleyes:

hollywood
10-15-12, 10:26 PM
Effexor made me feel really sleepy.= no production. Cymbalta is better but =sleepy. . Prozac sucks too but not as bad but still crappy. Lexapro small tiny dose was best, but comparable to intuniv . I have been busy with my job. I quit working for my family and I am alot better . I feel that wellbutrin sucks and the best adjuncts are tenex or nicotine and caffeine