View Full Version : How do I cope with ADHD (no pills)?

DeathMetal2000
09-28-12, 11:32 AM
I'm sick of forgetting the words to complete my sentences, I'm sick of forgetting to do something or forgetting what it was, I'm sick of not being able to recall memories that are even recent, I'm sick of getting distracted so easily to the point I would not be able to focus on what a person is saying and I'm sick of being driven to madness over decision making. What the hell can I do to cope with this disorder without any pills?

sarahsweets
09-28-12, 01:43 PM
See a doctor?

Fuzzy12
09-28-12, 02:00 PM
Is there a reason why you don't want to take meds? Like Sarah said, the best would be to see a doctor and start a treatment plan with or without meds.

To remember things have you tried using reminders in calendars (e.g. outlook) or on your mobile? Maybe you write down your memories in a journal or an online blog. Sigh, no idea about how to listen to people to make decisions. Sorry. :(

fracturedstory
09-28-12, 09:51 PM
It's going to be much harder for you without medication, but hey, it's your choice.

Eat healthier, take supplements, exercise, brain train, write everything down/ repeat it, and take plenty of breaks. Don't just fly through everything, take your time.

Also, know that you will always have these issues but some days could be better than others. Don't just think with a good treatment plan all your problems will be solved.