View Full Version : How do i get diagnosed with ADD/ ADHD?

nestlepurelife
09-30-12, 12:29 PM
Im a girl in a private high school and i take grades very seriously, more often than not i am in a huge press for time when taking tests(40 mins) and resently im finding that i am unable to finsh and therefore reciveve many unfair points off. I am certain i have adhd as i can never consentrate and frequently zone out in class and at my job, Both my brothers are either diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. Where do i go and what do i tell them to get diagnosed, i really need extended time.:(:(:(

HighFunctioning
09-30-12, 01:22 PM
Tell them about the symptoms that you're having.

LynneC
10-01-12, 10:15 AM
Im a girl in a private high school and i take grades very seriously, more often than not i am in a huge press for time when taking tests(40 mins) and resently im finding that i am unable to finsh and therefore reciveve many unfair points off. I am certain i have adhd as i can never consentrate and frequently zone out in class and at my job, Both my brothers are either diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. Where do i go and what do i tell them to get diagnosed, i really need extended time.:(:(:(
Have you talked to your parents about taking you to a doc to get a diagnosis?

sarahsweets
10-01-12, 11:39 AM
I agree with Lynne ...what do your parents say? How long have you had symptoms?

Nate W
10-01-12, 03:51 PM
Im a girl in a private high school and i take grades very seriously, more often than not i am in a huge press for time when taking tests(40 mins) and resently im finding that i am unable to finsh and therefore reciveve many unfair points off. I am certain i have adhd as i can never consentrate and frequently zone out in class and at my job, Both my brothers are either diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. Where do i go and what do i tell them to get diagnosed, i really need extended time.:(:(:(I went to my family doctor (regular check up) and said I've always had ADHD and what can you perscribe for it? (Was diagnosed as a child at 6 or seven years of age with "minimal brain dysfunction" if that term gives any indication to my age, I am an adult now) The nurse practitioner sent me to a psychologist she thought highly of for testing first and I was given a fairly detailed battery of tests. Bingo. Diagnosed (oddly the psychologist said I was a "complicated" case and listed a few other abnormalties that did not make me feel too great too).

Just look for a psyshclogist and if you have medical insurance it may cover the testing (it did in my case, less the office visit co-pay).

Don't try to "tell them" anything. Just be yourself and take the testing. Don't try to fake it.

--Nate