View Full Version : Started using Adderall and Zoloft ~ does Zoloft kick in within 1 day?

caliadhd8898
10-02-12, 11:17 PM
Hi, I recently was prescribed adderall and was given zoloft today. I noticed that the depressive episodes from adderall disappeared today. I thought that zoloft needs 6 weeks to work. Was the alleviation of depression today (the crash) actually caused by the zoloft?

Abi
10-03-12, 02:01 AM
Zoloft typically takes 2 - 8 weeks to work.

Wellbutrin takes 2 - 6/8 weeks to work, but I felt positive effects by day 8.

So I suppose it's *possible* ?

Fuzzy12
10-03-12, 03:07 AM
the side effects of zoloft kicked in on the first Day but my mood also started lifting with in two three days

Abi
10-03-12, 03:10 AM
the side effects of zoloft kicked in on the first Day but my mood also started lifting with in two three days

That's fast. WIth Lexapro it was at least a week and a half for me. Eight days with Wellbutrin. Months on my first time on Celexa, but that was my first time on an AD and they give me too low a dose...

It appears that Zoloft working fast is not so uncommon. Maybe there's some literature on this.... might be worth a google.

Drewbacca
10-03-12, 03:21 AM
I had some benefit from zoloft within a week... but it took at least two months before my mood was regular.

Zoloft is unique among SSRIs for having an effect on dopamine; my guess is that is the reason.

Abi
10-03-12, 03:24 AM
No wonder my idiot doc said that my celexa had an effect on dopamine.

He did not know the difference between citalopram and sertraline :rolleyes:

Fuzzy12
10-03-12, 03:25 AM
i know. I didn't expect it to work so fast either. Well to be honest i didn't expect it to work at all. When i Googled it i found that the side effects usually kick in fairly quickly but the positive effects differ from person to person. Maybe my brain was so depleted of s tonin that even small amounts made a big difference. My starting dose was 50 mg i thin

MusiciansWish
11-10-14, 03:41 PM
I had this happen to me as well. I take Zoloft (started out on 25mg) and during the first week, my mood significantly improved. I wasn't anxious anymore and I enjoyed doing things again. Not to mention when I took my ritalin with it, I was very happy. Almost overly talkative. lol