View Full Version : Random weird late night episodes

Dmitri
10-12-12, 03:31 PM
Okay guys not sure what's going on but...

I try to make it to bed at like 9:30 so I get 8 hours of sleep... anyways almost every night I have random late night bursts of energy and a temptation to do some random thing. Most of the time I jam out on Harmonica (Im always an arms length away from my Hoehner special 20) and strangely enough just improvise riffs about 10x better than I play when fully awake. so not exactly a bad thing.

Except last night I woke up and started screaming for no reason. like freaking out. then an hour later I woke up like I was tripping nuts off and I knew it wast a dream because I slapped myself in the face several times and felt the same. weird.

I didnt take any meds that day but then I realized that it was my first time since early summer that I didn't take vyvanse.. could that have caused it? Im not sure whats going on. maybe Im psycho

Drewbacca
10-13-12, 01:42 AM
Lots of us have late night bursts of energy, could be a delayed sleep phase disorder...

Not sure what to say about the weird wakeup... a nightmare? Maybe you're sensitive to electricity or something like that? Any high power transmission lines near by? I suggest sleeping under a lead blanket and see if that helps?

I'm not entirely convinced that it wasn't a UFO either.

Sorry, I wish I had some better advice as I tend to have similar problems.
Do some research on sleep cycles and something might turn up. Apparently our natural human sleep pattern is to wake up in the middle of the night and not sleep in eight hour blocks... the current "norm" of eight hours has only existed for the last 100 or so years.

Dmitri
10-13-12, 11:09 AM
Yeah human nature is basically sleep on free time. Humans originally had no Set sleep pattern, but once we became industrialized that it became a pattern of work all day, sleep all night. We are one of the only species with adaptable metabolism, its quite fascinating
sorry for boring you with that Im a zoology nerd lol but that sensitivity thing is an interesting point, because as I was freaking out I remember my skin buzzing... could it have been an electric charge? Hmm

why couldn't I have been born normal lol