View Full Version : Introduce yourself! (^_^)

Slowpoke
06-29-03, 09:45 PM
Hi all!
Since I started this project, I suppose I should start the introduction page...

I'm a 24 yr old university student.
I've struggled with issues of organization (time, things, paper) to the point where I feel defeated and low on self-esttem...
I found that most of the world doesn't understand how hard it is, and how hard I try. My boyfriend is really undrstanding and recognizes that I try hard, which really helps.
I hope that this forum will help give that recognition to people participating and following along, and in the end help motivatea nd encourage you all to keep trying.

Right now, I'm taking one summer course, redoing it, b/c I was too stressed out this past year to complete it. I'm also working 27 hours a week at the pool, and thankfully managed to get a regular schedule M-F, 9am-5:30pm (or until 12noon when I have the class).

I live with my boyfriend in a house with three other people, but we're going to move out to a 1 bedroom apartment Aug 1st hopefully. I'm worried about this, because it's going to cause more confusion and forced organization.

My personal interests are triathlon, teaching, psychology and crafts... like many of us, I have a million and one interests. I love learning about everything!!

Anyway, please let me know who you are and some stuff about you!

fasttalkingmom
07-01-03, 09:57 AM
Im 40 have 2 children and married. I have big time trouble organizing my home. My pocketbook it nice and organizing my work stuff is organized my bedroom drawers or also organized. It's the cleaning,picking up,laundry,food shopping ect. that causes me get stress. I avoid having people in my hosue and some times I just get so depressed about my house I yell at everyone to pick up their stuff. I've been told I need to start having my kids help me(ages 13 and 7) that doesn't work for me! If I can't get myself to do these things than how on earth would I go about keeping track of my girls doing chores? :rolleyes:

I work part time... I'm a crafter and a reader. ( although I haven't yet got the book for the club yet,I'm sorry).

I'm having trouble with my meds and I'm a mess right now....I've locked my keys in the car twice this week ! ..lol.. I remmebr to buy the book only when I come on the board...lol..

Paula

momoftoddlers
07-12-03, 05:07 PM
Hello, name is Janet. I also have problems with time, organization of home/work/paper/etc... prioritizing, etc... I would love to learn how to do it more effectively. I have always seen my desk aclutter & it's driven me nuts. My dad is the same way. I've been really trying to get myself organized, but I think when I do, I jump into everything so hard it's like I have a deadline. Plus I have no patience to boot so I end up overwhelming myself with the details to the point where I just can't do it because I'm so overwhelmed.

I'm 26 years old, married, 2 kids. 1 cat & a few fish. Working full time for a dental insurance company. Starting therapy for ADD & Major Depression. Daughter Ashleigh - 7 yrs old has ADHD.

Anyway, that's me, so far.. anyway... I should get off the p.c. for now... kinda need a smoke break!! LOL

Janet

Barbette
07-17-03, 03:21 AM
Hi, I just found this group the title caught my eye and guess what. I got the book from the library a few days ago and am almost finished with it. It is fun to read and identify with the problems others have had. I was hoping to find support on this website and you didn't let me down !. Ok, about me. I am 46. with panic/anxiety, depression ( meds work so well I forgot what depression is like ) and ADD. I take Klonipin for panic attacks but still struggling with ADD, since I "self medicated" myself with Meth my Dr. resists giving me any CNS stimulant, even though I've been clean over 10 years. I live with my boyfriend and 2 dogs and 2 cats. I have been doing better with housework, taking a few tips from FLY LADY but still can not approach my piles. I am hoping once I do get organized I can keep it that way. The trick is in finding something that works. I am looking forward to working with you all.
Barbette

IthinkIcanI
06-09-05, 09:47 AM
I just realized that this is a really old thread but I want to join in by introducing myself.

I am Tamara, a 40 year old with three children, 10 and twins age 7. I believe they also have add/adhd but they have not been diagnosed. We have a cat and a mini bunny.
I am recently divorced (5/27/05).

I live close to LA, CA with no family here for support with the children or with the add issues. They are all living on the other side of the map.

I have been seeing a psych since 97 regarding add. I have been on Dex and everything else under the sun. I have a new psychologist who also is add. Currently I am on 30 mgs daily and sometimes I take another 15 mgs. I also am dealing with hypothyroidism. I am interested in getting healthy as I was in my 20s and know that I can do so through good choices.

I am signed up to attend summer classes to complete my ba degree after being out of school since 2000 when I got an aa and then went into social work. I want to go back to school and eventually be a psychologist who specializes in helping the add/adhd community.

I have always too many projects going on but I believe and have the faith that I am doing better. I am happy to find like minded people in this forum and hope we can offer help and encouragement to one another.

lunaslobo
09-17-06, 11:29 AM
name is David. 44 yo father of two great kids(hard to call a 16 yo girl and 19 yo boy kids.) most of my life has been cleaning up one mess or another that I have made. found this site and it has helped a lot.

fasttalkingmom
09-18-06, 12:23 PM
name is David. 44 yo father of two great kids(hard to call a 16 yo girl and 19 yo boy kids.) most of my life has been cleaning up one mess or another that I have made. found this site and it has helped a lot.

I'm now 43 and have 2 daughters ages 16 1/2 and 11. Glad this site has helped.

I'm WAY more organized and picked up beasue of this site and the things I've learned about my ADD :)