View Full Version : Smartphone apps for ADD users

dtached
10-21-12, 04:17 PM
I have bein wanting to try out one of the Iphone apps designed specifically for users with attention deficits. Does anyone have any feedback on any of these apps? I need a cheap or free one at this point.

anonymouslyadd
10-22-12, 03:59 AM
I'm not sure if Astrid is ADD specific, but it helps me a lot. It's free too.

DevoutKitten
02-14-13, 02:02 PM
I just started this past week using an app on my iphone to help keep track of everything. Notes, tasks, etc. I found "HomeRoutines" by Wunderbear Productivity, and it has been a real life saver this past week. I am so glad I found it.

Not only can you put in your routines and tasks that need to be done, but you can prioritize them, and set a reminder. There is also a 15 minute timer that you can set in the app to help keep focused on certain tasks that you just "need" to get done.

I can not wait to see how well this will help me while on medication as well! I am actually excited to get work done during the day now with this app!

emploding
02-14-13, 06:54 PM
I find most reminder apps too complicated and distracting ... I get so caught up in all their amazing features it totally defeats their purpose.

The basic calender is my most used app, it's got a widget that sits on my second screen (I have an android, not an iphone) so I can see the week at a time of appointments and reminders, different things are in different colours, I can set recurring reminders and appoinements easily (and also from my email).

I have "Astrid" and "Remember The Milk" but for me, simple is best.

SquarePeg
02-15-13, 03:42 AM
I have just downloaded Epicwin for my son, itīs an organiser/game with an avatar. i hope it will not be too distracting.

starry
02-15-13, 04:01 AM
I just started this past week using an app on my iphone to help keep track of everything. Notes, tasks, etc. I found "HomeRoutines" by Wunderbear Productivity, and it has been a real life saver this past week. I am so glad I found it.

Not only can you put in your routines and tasks that need to be done, but you can prioritize them, and set a reminder. There is also a 15 minute timer that you can set in the app to help keep focused on certain tasks that you just "need" to get done.

I can not wait to see how well this will help me while on medication as well! I am actually excited to get work done during the day now with this app!

Looks good, but 5 bucks?
I'm sure there are a similar ones that are free for less. Gonna look now.

starry
02-15-13, 04:21 AM
"Accelerated Speed Reading Trainer" (free app. for iphones)

Supposedly trains you to speed read :) I'm a slow reader since it takes me a while to focus on and grasp the content. So it might be useful.

Just got done reading the reviews and gonna download it.

starry
02-15-13, 04:45 AM
"Study" by The Sound Agency Ltd (free, iphone)

"A scientifically designed production-boosting sound that can mask ambient noise, help focus, improve cognition and reduce fatigue. It is intended to be played through headphones just loud enough to mask the background sound, particularly any conversation."

Sounds very interesting. The reviewers claim that it does what it says it does.

dvdnvwls
02-15-13, 01:19 PM
There are not many specifically designed for attention deficit. What would you really like the app to help with?

SquarePeg
02-15-13, 03:13 PM
Day 1 of Epic Win and my son is enjoying it, he puts in his tasks each day and has earned enough points to rent a dvd today so he is happy.

He says he loves pressing the "task finished" button and seeing it disappear.

starry
02-19-13, 11:44 PM
I just downloaded the i-phone app called: "Alarmed" (by Yoctoville Productivity).

You can write your own "reminders" and pick a time, that you want it to alarm you. And you can pick the sound of the alarm (they have a variety of sounds to pick from) and how often you want it to alarm/remind you. I picked "once every minute", but I might change it to once every 5 minutes, if I find that's too "nagging".

So far it has helped me greatly :) Really simple to use.

It's a free application.

They do however offer an upgrade with more features for 1.99 dollars. (I'm using the free one right now and it's just fine the way it is.....maybe I'll upgrade it some day, but I don't know if I really need it and was too lazy to find out what these extra features are).