View Full Version : Milwaukee Area Adult ADHD Support Group

fatdogfriday
10-24-12, 10:56 PM
Hi,
I wanted to let anyone looking for an adult ADHD/ADD support group in the Milwaukee area that there is one. It meets every Tuesday of the month at Froedtert Hospital Community Conference Center room 2, 8700 West Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226. Contact Laurie Petersen at coachlolo@wi.rr.com

The support group meeting gave me a true sense of relief and hope. In a small group meeting and meeting new people I rarely find myself feeling comfortable and usually feeling awkward but this was the of the times I've felt "normal".

FF

Unmanagable
10-25-12, 12:34 AM
I'm not in Wisconsin, but wanted to say thank you for taking the time to share this valuable info.

fatdogfriday
11-15-12, 04:04 PM
It looks like I have the wrong dates for the Milwaukee Adult ADHD Support Group. It meets every MONDAY (not Tuesday) of the month at Froedtert Hospital Community Conference Center room 2, 8700 West Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226.

Sorry for the confusion.

Goofycook
11-15-12, 08:51 PM
Thanks, what time does it meet?

fatdogfriday
12-07-12, 05:55 PM
Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

The meetings start at 7pm and run between 1 to 2 hours.

We meet the 2nd Monday of the month at Froedtert Hospital Community Conference Center room 2, 8700 West Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226.

Laurie Petersen at coachlolo@wi.rr.com is the leader of the group if you want to contact her.

Goofycook
01-01-13, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the information. Ive been looking for a ADD support group in this area since I accepted the fact that I have what some would call a severe case of adhd along with a few other types of documented brain damage.
My therapist laughed when I told her I found a support group for adhd but someone forgot to post the time. She said it was something that should be on the dave letterman show.

Goofycook
03-12-13, 01:22 PM
Went to the meeting last nite. I finally felt like I was in a meeting ,ade just for me. I wonder why I havent heard of it sooner cause I have been searching high and low for this type of support group and the closest to my house I found was something 60miles away. This one is much closer and right off the freeway so it doent involve a lot of city driving. Thank you for the post.

Moxie99
04-10-13, 12:48 AM
Went to the meeting last nite. I finally felt like I was in a meeting ,ade just for me. I wonder why I havent heard of it sooner cause I have been searching high and low for this type of support group and the closest to my house I found was something 60miles away. This one is much closer and right off the freeway so it doent involve a lot of city driving. Thank you for the post.

I just recently went on a googling hunt for support groups in the Milwaukee area and found this forum. I was so glad to see your post was relatively recent, meaning this support group still exists. I would like to attend. Could you tell me when and where it is exactly? The other posts are from a few years ago so I don't know if things have changed.. Thank you.