View Full Version : No therapists for adults with ADD in Ontario

12-30-04, 04:43 PM
I had a GP that started to help me with my ADD and now he has retired and I have no one to treat me and I can't find anyone in the GTA, or in South Western Ontario for that matter.


12-31-04, 12:06 AM
A quick google search got me lots of links. This was one of the better ones I thought.

Cheers! Ian.

07-17-05, 07:08 PM

1. Do you have testing paperwork for your ADD/ADHD?
2. Are you taking/can you take a college/university course?

If yes to both, it is much easier to get into see an ADD Doctor at a University Student Health Centre.

That is how I got in to see mine!!

Once established, the minimum that my doc will see me is every three months. This means 4 bus rides from Toronto to Kingston/year, but it's worth it -- so i can have an MD/ADD Psychiatrist.

Email me with any questions.

- Emma (in Kingston, ON -- between Toronto & Ottawa)

07-18-05, 10:45 AM
I finally found a coach here in Guelph where I am currently living. Her name is Carol A. McMullen here is her url:

She is a learning disabilities specialist and ADD and Asperger's Coach who has directed educational and mental health programs at the University of Guelph.

cyberaven (one R)

07-22-05, 08:56 PM
The place you are MOST likely to find an Adult ADD specialist is at the University -- or at a Univ. w/ a medical school.

That was how i found mine.

My SO had trained [as a Resident] with the ADD Doctor that i have.

Talk to the Univ's 'Student Counselling' Dept to get info about local Resources you can exploit. <G>

Let us know how you do with your Mission. :D


08-07-05, 08:37 PM
I found mine at a children's hospital. They treat adults as well. Extremely knowledgable and very friendly.

01-25-06, 02:22 AM
Did you try Dr. Jain at CAMH?