View Full Version : When and how often do you take your add/adhd medication??

Burton517
11-01-12, 05:46 PM
I was recently diagnosed with adhd and was given a prescription for adderall xr 15mg and adderall ir 15mg. Everyday i take the xr in the morning before school and it gets me through school but starts to come down in my last 15 or 20 minutes of school (which is alright.) The doctor gave me the ir to take when i get home for homework and studying which helps soooooo much with my work. The problem is that my mom has my adderall in her room so whenever i want one i am supposed to ask her to give me one (they are hidden.) whenever i have at least an hour of homework or so i ask her for an adderall and she gets mad when i ask her for one which frustrates me. She only thinks its reasonable to give me an adderall when i have a ton of work and studying to do, (which i think is stupid) she acts like i am a drug addict whenever i ask for one and all i want to do is to be able to do my work without getting distracted and stay on task, whats wrong with that :confused:. I dont understand her reasoning for not wanting to give me the adderall, and really dont know what to do?? So i ask how often do YOU take your add medication, when do you take it, and for what reasons. Thank you for reading :D, posts greatly appreciated!!

Flory
11-01-12, 06:20 PM
i need coverage most of my waking hours take in the am and at lunchtime sometimes an late afternoon dose, I do this every day...or frankly...im just unpleasant to be around :p, unless of course you like your people jumping on you and buzzing round like bees :D

sarahsweets
11-01-12, 08:05 PM
How old are you? Is your mom educated about adhd medication? Adhd is a chronic life long condition thar is with you 24/7. Medication is supposed ti help you with your whole life not must school work.