View Full Version : Bloging??

casper
01-02-05, 03:02 AM
I saw a special on the news the other night about "bloging" but I don't know what it is. Just wondering if anyone does and can explain it to me?

Thanks

chainsmoker
01-02-05, 08:14 AM
I assume you mean "blogging". We're not supposed to reference a link here, are we ? Do a Google or Yahoo search on "blogging" -
Without writing a thesis on it, I'd say it can be an on-going journal on just about any subject, written online so others can read it and comment on it. It can be personal, political, technical, etc. It uses the power of the Internet, where everyone can have their say. Some "blogs" are so popular they have become money makers for their writers. It's the latest and most popular thing on the Internet today.

charlie
01-02-05, 08:40 AM
casper,

Sharing my googling research mode

weB Log = blog:
It's not complex—it's simply a Web site that lets its owner (and anyone to whom that owner gives permission) post comments, links to other Web sites and documents, all without being proficient in HTML.

A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. ..Blogs are typically updated daily using software that allows people with little or no technical background to update and maintain the blog.

Postings on a blog are almost always arranged ..with the most recent additions featured (on top).

Types of weblogs
Often, the word blog is used to describe an online diary or journal, such as LiveJournal, often allowing others to contribute

***The term "blog" came into common use as a way of avoiding confusion with the term server log.

Blogs run from individual diaries to arms of political campaigns, media programs and corporations, and from one occasional author to having large communities of writers. Some are by single authors, while others have multiple authors. Many weblogs allow visitors to leave public comments, which can lead to a community of readers centered around the blog; others are non-interactive.

Andrew
01-02-05, 10:49 AM
You can "BLOG" here as well! Please see the Creative Writing/Journal section of the ADD Forums! :)

casper
01-09-05, 01:57 PM
Interesting. Thanks Andrew!

free2bme
01-09-05, 02:13 PM
chainsmoker....i love the questioin on the bottom of your post.:)

andrew, thanks for the info on the blog here. i had not discovered that. this is not a political statement at all, but i loved the blogs that were raging like a storm during the election. they cracked me up. it's a neat way to get viewpoints on very specific issues....