View Full Version : Likelihood of Lexapro effects... Would you take it if you were me?

elpro
11-04-12, 07:51 PM
I'm in a long-term relationship that has been taking a hit due to my inability to maintain an erection while on Dexedrine, which I've recently started taking. However, I feel like a lot of this (if not most/all) is now in my head; I worry about being unable to maintain an erection, and thus I don't. Over a month has gone by without me being able to get over this.

I'm close to just quitting the meds entirely for a while if I can't get this under control, even though it's done great for my productivity.

Due to both this performance anxiety as well as existing longstanding social anxiety, my doctor has prescribed my Lexapro. The idea is that if the sexual issues are really more mental, this could really help, rather than hurt. But if we're wrong about that, could end up even worse...

I'm generally willing to try new medications, but my hesitance here is that it seems there's a good portion of people who don't regain their sexual abilities after stopping Lexapro, and that could be a big problem.

So, how common are these things actually, and if you were in my shoes, would you give the Lexapro a shot or not?

hollywood
11-05-12, 12:32 AM
I would worry more about its effect on adhd

Abi
11-05-12, 05:31 AM
Your doctor is nuts. Lexapro is MUCH MORE LIKELY to lead to loss of libido and anorgasmia than dexedrine.

You should ask for something like Klonopin. Or just have a coupla' drinks before you need to perform. [not too many]. Or one of those products for guys with ED.

Edit: Wellbutrin has helped with my Lexapro/Celexa damaged Libido. It also combines well with Dex for your ADHD.

hollywood
11-05-12, 01:24 PM
What's the difference between lex vs Effexor effect wise