View Full Version : Another "ADHD prescriptions on the rise" article

demuregeek
11-06-12, 07:59 AM
...but this was the first one I've seen that didn't jump immediately from "more ADHD prescriptions" to "OMG ADHD is overdiagnosed!" So, cheers to the folks that wrote this :)

http://www.rotoruadailypost.co.nz/news/adhd-prescriptions-on-the-rise-locally/1609000/

Lunacie
11-06-12, 09:47 AM
Thank you for sharing. I thought that was a great article.

And I think the way the Minsitry of Health is working with those who have

ADHD is great!

sarahsweets
11-06-12, 10:16 AM
Finally. Less as*hole more logic.

TRITAN6142
11-15-12, 11:11 PM
I am 38 years old and was recently diagnosed with ADHD...This article was correct in saying that adults that get diagnosed do feel like they lost out on many years...I always just though I was weird, different than everyone else...no patience...envied people that could sit still in a meeting. In a matter of a week my life has changed

tiaralady
11-19-12, 02:36 PM
Hi,
I have also just been diagnosed ADD/ADHD, I also thought I was a bit weird, I am on Dex-amfetamine 40mgs per day now, but started with Ritalin slowly increasing weekly then they put me on Concerta slow release, to which I was violently sick very aggresive, had head aches and was very shaky and after I had gone to sleep for the night I woke up wide awake an hour later and unable to get back to sleep , I tried it for few days but could not handle the side affects So got offered Atoxifen, I declined that as takes 2 weeks to work, so only other option in UK was Dex amphetamine so trying that, but dose not right yet.
I am still finding it hard to actually start boring tasks, although I have done some things that I would never have got done unless for the meds.
What are you taking? and how long you been on them ?and how are you finding them??
I hope all is getting better for you