View Full Version : Further Evidence That IQ Does Not Measure Intelligence

ritesh
11-10-12, 05:08 AM
Here I found an interesting article ...must read and share ur opinion...!!

http://io9.com/5959058/further-evidence-that-iq-does-not-measure-intelligence

SodaCrates
02-12-13, 02:35 AM
See, I've known that IQ does not measure intelligence for a long time. Feynman IQ was measured at 125. I know I'm smart, but I'm not smarter or even nearly as smart as Richard Feynman. If you know what's on an IQ test you can practice and improve your score. It's actually the reason behind a lot of the highest scores (like Chris Langan or Vos Savant).

sarahsweets
02-12-13, 07:37 AM
I put zero stock in IQ results or any standardized tests. I dont feel they measure the levels of "practical" inteligence, only the way you take tests. This could lead to a person with a high IQ who has adhd to be dismissed and someone who has a lower IQ who has adhd labeled with another disorder simply because they dont test well.

dresser
02-12-13, 11:45 AM
I see it the same way the majority of this kind of stuff is mainly for one upman ship. ie=2 ppl have a million$$$$ each, so joe says ahha but i have a higher I.Q. than you(after he rigged the test) and there is a solution to that= Just pickture everyone yep everyone sitting on the Toilet. because the toilet IS at ONE standered hight, So one hight fits all. nd NO upmanships or ego trips, wheeu! was worried about misspelling words in that stament

im_out
02-14-13, 01:16 AM
I like the first comment:

"I think this has been known by psychologists who give lots of these tests for a long time. My dad has been a school psychologist since the 1970s. He has always said that IQ doesn't test how smart you are. He says IQ is the second best indicator of how well you will do in school (the first indicator is your past school performance). And studies have shown that the best indicator of IQ is paternal income. And the best indicator of male income? Male height! My dad thinks we should just assign IQ scores based on height..."

:lol:

Fortune
02-14-13, 01:25 AM
That was a brilliant comment.

I scored as genius in grade school and I have to say that:

I do not disagree with this article.

I have a really hard time telling whether someone is "more intelligent" or "less intelligent" than me because I have no idea what either of those is supposed to mean.