View Full Version : SSRI's - half your dose, twice as often?

Abi
11-11-12, 02:30 AM
So, I'm prescribed Celexa 40mg / day for the [moderately severe] depressive component of my bipolar.

I usually take the entire daily dose in the morning [or whenever I wake up] as is standard dosing practice with SSRI's.

So anyway, yesterday morning I only had 1 20mg pill left in my pill box, and I was lazy to get another from my main stash, so I just took the 1 20mg pill as opposed to my usual 2.

I took the 2nd pill in the evening.

I found that I was much more sensible yesterday and last night. MY head was clearer, I was motivated and I was able to get a lot of studying done, etc.

I again just took 1 20mg pill [Its 830 am here] and intend taking the second one late this afternoon or early this evening.

Has anyone had experience with splitting their SSRI dose in this way?

Any ideas as to why this might be a better dosing method for me? I don't feel depressed or anxious at all; which I would if i took less than 40mg in a 24 hour period. I'm effectively taking the same dose, just splitting it. Thoughts?

hollywood
11-11-12, 10:05 PM
I had been taking ssris in micro doses . By that I mean like 2mg instead of 10 or 20mg tablets . I guess that's a big mistake and ssris may work slot better if taken as suggested