View Full Version : Gluten Sensitivity Anyone?

gidget241
11-14-12, 12:07 AM
Hi all,

I'm new here. My son & I both have ADHD & I strongly suspect gluten sensitivity/intolerance also. I was just curious as to whether there are others out there that have both issues and if so how much they both influence each other.

Thanks!
Kim

vanslem6
11-14-12, 10:41 AM
I think I have a gluten allergy or sort, though not extreme. If I eat a piece of bread, my stomach always gets upset. Coincidently, if I drink wheat beer, I can't ever breathe through my nose. I don't know if the two would be related at all, but both happen without fail. As far as having any relation to my having ADHD, I honestly can't see any cross-over.

mrs. dobbs
11-15-12, 11:16 AM
yes. it makes me achey, crazy and foggy.

Drewbacca
11-16-12, 09:56 AM
I think I have a gluten allergy or sort, though not extreme. If I eat a piece of bread, my stomach always gets upset. Coincidently, if I drink wheat beer, I can't ever breathe through my nose. I don't know if the two would be related at all, but both happen without fail. As far as having any relation to my having ADHD, I honestly can't see any cross-over.

I'd be curious to know if you have the breathing problem still if you take an antacid before drinking? It sounds like GERD...

vanslem6
11-16-12, 12:12 PM
I really don't know. I used to suffer from heartburn on a regular basis. Since changing my diet quite significantly over the last couple of years though, It has almost completely gone away.

dogluver358
11-16-12, 01:16 PM
I think I have a problem with gluten. I'm trying to look online for a guide to follow an elimination diet, but it's surprising how many things contain gluten. I keep getting so much stomach problems after eating things that I think are related to gluten and even sometimes vomiting.

mrs. dobbs
12-12-12, 05:52 AM
Yes. I cut out gluten (and soy and milk) entirely about two months ago and am much more emotionally stable because of it.

mrs. dobbs
12-16-12, 03:51 PM
Ugh, I had some hidden gluten in restaurant food on Friday and I've been foggy and weird all weekend.