View Full Version : Psychiatrist Has Me on Extra Meds I dont need

shootme
11-15-12, 05:01 AM
He thing is have "irritable moody cycling." He has me on limictal for it, it does nothing, I have noticed that when my adderrall wears off my adhd is worse than normal. My mom is fundamentalist and doesn't listen to me at all, all she does is completly obey him and doesn't listen to my symptoms!

sarahsweets
11-15-12, 05:30 AM
How ole are you?

Lunacie
11-15-12, 10:05 AM
He thing is have "irritable moody cycling." He has me on limictal for it, it does nothing, I have noticed that when my adderrall wears off my adhd is worse than normal. My mom is fundamentalist and doesn't listen to me at all, all she does is completly obey him and doesn't listen to my symptoms!

shootme, it's common to experience a "crash" when the meds wear off.

Your ADHD isn't really worse, it just seems that way in comparison to how

you feel with the meds on board.

It can be difficult to find the med that helps you personally with your

mood swings. Not everyone is as lucky as I was that the first med helped

me a lot. Let the doctor know that the lamactil isn't helping, he may want

to try increasing the dose or he may want to try a different medication.

Hang in there and work with the doctor, okay?

Lunacie
11-15-12, 01:00 PM
Wouldn't it be better to talk to the doctor about how the meds are working

and see if the doctor says to stay on them for a while or try something different?

Maybe Mom won't listen, but surely she will listen to the doctor.

Geno
11-15-12, 01:17 PM
Wouldn't it be better to talk to the doctor about how the meds are working

and see if the doctor says to stay on them for a while or try something different?

Maybe Mom won't listen, but surely she will listen to the doctor.

Well of course that's the first thing she should try. I know how psychiatrists can be sometimes as I've seen more bad psychiatrists who suck at their job more than any other profession, let alone doctor. But I know how to tell because I'm experienced with all of this, her mother wouldn't know if he was talking out of his *** or not because she trusts the doctors medical degree.

shootme
11-21-12, 08:26 PM
I have tried, he just keeps raising current meds or prescribing new ones. I have really wanted to try to go med free(excluding adderall) and see where im at. He wont listen. My mom is ridiculous, she is constantly lying and contradicting herself about the doctor and all my meds.

dogluver358
11-22-12, 01:09 PM
Are you of age where your mom doesn't have to be involved?

ars solus
11-28-12, 01:58 PM
To be honest I feel like Lamictal is having a similar effect on me, too. Also thinking about weening off of it.

What does your psychiatrist say about all of this exactly?

shootme
11-29-12, 09:03 PM
@dogluver358 (http://www.addforums.com/forums/member.php?u=66111): I'm under 18 :(

mirandatoritess
11-29-12, 11:21 PM
Tell him that. Extra meds can be deadly or can screw up your mind. He should listen and adjust your dosage accordingly.

BrianKFederer
12-24-12, 01:21 AM
Your mom should listen to you also.