View Full Version : New in Tucson, Arizona

ColimaDog
11-18-12, 10:47 PM
i was diagnosed a long, long time ago. For the few years since that I have been treated (with medication & counseling) I did great. I was able to work full-time, go to school, and finish what I started.

I recently moved to Tucson and was on medication for three months (having to renew it and get a new prescription each month) and was doing great. Then I showed up at my doctor appointment and he had rescheduled it for a day I could not make. I rescheduled the appointment he had already rescheduled (without telling me). The soonest they could get me in was 2.5 months. When I attempted to get my medication refilled until I could see him, he refused. He will not refill my medication until I see him, but he also has no options for me to see him or another doctor in his practice prior to the 2 1/2 month away appointment. This whole thing started when HE canceled my appointment without even notifying me, and I showed up at my appointment only to discover it had been rescheduled for a day I was out of town.

He also has horrible bedside manners, and is quite frankly, rude.

I'd love to find a good doctor here in Tucson - so if anyone knows of one, please let me know!

sarahsweets
11-19-12, 07:20 AM
I don't know of any docs in AZ. But when you do find ones tell this guy to f**k off.

Chocolatesa
11-19-12, 11:42 AM
Wow, that sucks! I hope you find a better doc soon!

Waifster
11-21-12, 12:13 PM
Sorry to hear that, I know how frustrating it must be for you. I'm in Tucson, and all I can say is - Welcome to Tucson! There are NO support groups here for Adults w/ ADD. I've checked. I'm not a huge fan of support groups, but in this case, as isolated and misunderstood as we tend to become with this disorder, I would have liked to have a place to go where I could relate to others like me.
As far as doctors go. I had a primary care doc who I was with for about 10 years, but almost a year ago he quit practice to teach. I got a letter saying he was no longer taking patients, but I had an appointment scheduled (every 3 months, like you said) so when I went in for my appointment I got a different doctor. He seemed nice & was willing to take on my 'case' (writing prescriptions, for the most part). So now I guess he's my doctor.I have had a couple problems over the past few months that are actually similar to what you describe. They change an appointment via a LETTER, I call to tell them I can't make the new appointment they set for me without my consent, but I can never get through on the phone. I called for 2 weeks, was on hold 15-40 minutes at a time, I had to hang up. So then I was accused of not upholding my end of the 'drug contract'. I wold never miss an appointment on purpose, I need my meds!
It seems to be this way more & more, and its just getting worse. I've learned to cover all my bases twice now. AND keep my fingers crossed!