View Full Version : Launching Pad?

Struggling
01-06-05, 08:16 AM
I can't remember where it was or who was talking about it...but in one of the OMG my house is a mess threads there was some discussion of a "launching pad" of sorts.....something near the entrance of the house that helps you not forget anything and be a little more organized before you leave.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? lol ....I would like to know how to set it up and what needs to be there. Thanks for any help :)

fasttalkingmom
01-06-05, 10:23 AM
I can't remember where it was or who was talking about it...but in one of the OMG my house is a mess threads there was some discussion of a "launching pad" of sorts.....something near the entrance of the house that helps you not forget anything and be a little more organized before you leave.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? lol ....I would like to know how to set it up and what needs to be there. Thanks for any help :)

That would be me :D ........

What I had a wire type movable rack. It had wire baskets and shelves. I labled each basket with my name and one for each of my kids. On each of the 3 shelves I labled what I wanted them to be used for...

school projects.....

Backpacks.....other big stuff.....

On one shelf I had small wire baskets I bought for in mail and out mail..

a place for my pocketbook...

keys and other things I needed to remember..

lunch bags...snacks for the kids for school..

It worked great I used it for a couple years. I needed to use that rack for something else and I haven't had a launching pad in a year. I miss it but things are better. What we all learned from that launching pad as made it possible to not have one now...... :D

You can use all kinds of things to put this together it depends on your needs.... let me know if I can help you get one together

I also bought a small wire shoe rack I put right next to it......

Struggling
01-07-05, 08:15 AM
Sweet...thanks very much for the details....I'm gonna see what I can get going here. I may be back :D

prumont
03-28-05, 03:11 AM
fasttalkingmom's idea is great - I use it all the time now, helps keep things sane here :)